Where to meet single men in Boston, MA

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 05:18 pm
Where is the best place to meet single men between the ages of 30 and 45 in the Boston MA area?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,028 • Replies: 67
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 06:37 pm
The Harvard Faculty Club.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 06:41 pm
<sigh>

Good question, memer. Boston has one of the highest ratios of single people to partnered people when compared to other areas of the country. There are tons of us and we can't hook up - what's the matter here?

Merry - I don't think there are loads of single staffers at Harvard, maybe I'm wrong.
0 Replies

merelymemer

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 07:43 am
I have no problem meeting men between the ages of 18 to 25, no offense to these guys, but my idea of fun is not seeing who gets drunk and pukes first.

Use to work at Harvard, trust me, most of the good men there are gay.

I end up chatting with men on the T but nothing comes of it.

Where have all the single men gone?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:40 am
I live in the Boston area and I had to go on vacation to find my husband. I met him in Florida.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:49 am
There are single guys everywhere. I'm one of them. But, much like you, we are all sitting around typing messages on A2K and wondering where all the single women are.
0 Replies

xiorn

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:58 am
i'd suggest walking down the street near any of the 30 colleges they have. or walking down any popular street. depends what age you're looking for.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 12:02 pm
Try the Boston University library. Certain floors used to be known for their promiscuity.
0 Replies

merelymemer

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:21 pm
I work at a university, and there are no men here.

I have tried home depot, supermarkets, bars, etc.

I am starting to think that men may not even be interested in me, but my friends are also having problems.

I guess I may need to move to a different state. Maybe Alaska?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 02:02 pm
It may seem weird, but I know of a few couples who met using a dating service. The one thing is I would make sure that the service has a good reputation and try the more expensive ones, you are more likely to find some one serious and not just trying to hook up.

Or else do what I did – go on vacation. Forget cruises – more women go on them than men. Try a ski trip. I went on a ski trip with a group of my girl friends out west and you would not believe how many groups of men go on these vacations and they tend to be in shape. Another thing go to sporting events – lots of men there. Think of things men like to do
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:33 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Try the Boston University library. Certain floors used to be known for their promiscuity.

I'm a BU alumnus! Damn!! I never knew about this back in my undergrad days. <sigh>
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:41 pm
I think it was either the second or third floor, I don't remember exactly, but it was widely known as a pickup place. It wasn't that uncommon to find someone making out (or more) behind a lonely rack of books.
0 Replies

xiorn

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:42 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I think it was either the second or third floor, I don't remember exactly, but it was widely known as a pickup place. It wasn't that uncommon to find someone making out (or more) behind a lonely rack of books.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:55 pm
Try online dating, if you're having a hard time meeting guys in public.

If not, I can take you out, and we can drink to see who pukes first.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:59 pm
xiorn wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Not really that shocking considering that BU was voted "most promiscuous university" for several years running in the 1980's.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 04:01 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Sounds like fun. I'll meet you at the pub Cool
0 Replies

merelymemer

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 04:14 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Name the place, time and date and I just might show up Drunk
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 04:18 pm
LOL! Another time then Slappy ;-)
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 04:26 pm
I'm tempted to suggest that if you are looking for guys in the 30-45 age group you need to get outside of Boston proper. Your better of looking at the gathering spots along Rt. 128 than in the city itself.

I know a lot of single guys that hang out in Burlington, Waltham, Needham, Dedham, etc..
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 04:43 pm
merelymemer wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Name the place, time and date and I just might show up Drunk

Damn that was easy. You'd have to convince me, only if you're hot though.

Fishin, I don't know where single people would be hanging out in Needham. That's where I live, and there's ZERO going on here. Only places I could think of would be Starbucks(I don't drink coffee, so don't know the "scene") and a Ground Round with room for about 8 at the bar.
0 Replies