Should I text him?

Zeera

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2018 01:32 pm
Hello everyone,
recently I've tried online dating and I started talking to (well, more like "exchanging messages with") a particular man. Everything went well. The thing is, at the end of our conversation, he typed that he would text me once he's online again.
That was three days ago. Since then, I haven't heard from him, even though he's been online.
I'm aware of the "three days rule". (Even though I think it's silly.) I understand that he might have fallen asleep, started to play a game with friends, he might have even found someone who he got along with so well that he no longer searches for a partner.
I'm wondering whether or not should I text him first. I don't want to be harsch on him or anything like that; I just want to know if there's a reason for me to wait.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions and ideas! Smile
Have a nice day!

maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2018 01:35 pm
@Zeera,
Speaking as a single man.

Yes, you should text him again. Just ask him how he is doing (you shouldn't criticize him for not getting back).

If you want to meet the guy in real life, you should tell him so. Say something like "hey, why don't we get a coffee some time. I think these long term text conversations get boring to anyone.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2018 03:50 pm
@Zeera,
Did you seriously take him at his word that he would text you at a particular time/date, and that you were obligated to not reach out to him until then?

Really?

Yes, 3 day rule is stupid. I imagine it was developed over time by people who just have to dramatize everything.

You want to communicate with him, do it.

Yeard ago I had a friend which I spoke with often, like daily. I think it was when we were in high school or college.

Anyway, I realized I hadn't spoken to her in 3 or 4 days, so I gave her a call. BTW, I'm female too. I said "hey, what's up, I haven't heard from you." Her response was the "you said to me at the end of our last phone conversation that 'I'll give to a call'"
I guess that meant if her pants caught on fire, she wouldn't have called me to tell me about it after she put them out.

I couldn't for the life of me tell you if the last time I texted or spoke to someone if one of us said anything like "I'll call you" or "you call me"

It's just an expression.
bunnyhabit

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 09:22 pm
@Zeera,
wait till day #4 and one brief text like "have you been busy" or "how are you". if no reply in three days he is no longer interested in you

do not send multiple messages as he said "he would text you once he's online again.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 12:40 am
@Zeera,
I know it feels like rejection, but I would advise you to wait. He's a stranger really, that doesn't mean he's a bad person, but personally I'd let it pass and wait to see if he remembers to get back to you.

It's not a rejection, and he may not be your prince charming.......it may just not click. If you reach out, I'd advise you to keep it short but friendly,
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 12:41 am
@Zeera,
Oh, by the way, Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 02:20 am
@chai2,
My best friend, someone I've been on holiday with and shared a house with in the past, is coming round for dinner on 25th March. Other than that I don't know when I'll talk to him. He's currently in Cheltenham for the horse racing.

Weeks and weeks go by without us talking, we've both got our own **** going on, but that doesn't affect our friendship in any way.
chai2

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 09:20 am
@izzythepush,
I think that's the sign of a really good friendship.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 01:13 pm
But this gal is trying to start something up - and the guy is not responding, at least in the way she wants.

Most likely, he's found someone else.

After all, he is using online and he's just been casting out bait.

chai2

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 01:15 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Most likely, he's found someone else.

and you know this because.....?

Might be nice if this could be verified, rather than some speculation.
0 Replies

pillockchimps

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 05:11 am
@Zeera,
He might be busy. Or just text him and ask.
0 Replies