Confessing her parents

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 04:03 am
Hello! I am 15 and my girlfriend is 11. The thing is her mom probably knows that she likes me . She doesnt know about our relationship. Her mom is very strict about all this stuff and she had once warned her to not date until she is in college. So we decided to talk to her mom about the relationship. How should we proceed? Will her mom get angry? Please suggest. Thank you

roger

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 04:19 am
@Hercules2339,
I don't know how to proceed, or if you should. Eleven is quite a bit younger than fifteen. Her mom will be furious.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 06:01 am
@Hercules2339,
I do think Mom will get angry. Concerned, yes. Worried, yes. Anxious, yes. She'll say eleven is too young to date or have a boyfriend. She'll say school and learning is more important right now. She'll say wait a few years and let her daughter grow up a bit.

She'll ask serious, embarrassing questions like, are you planning to have sex, are you using contraception (condoms, spermicide) and do you understand the age of consent is 16 in most states. She'll ask you to stop seeing her daughter, with the penalty of being arrested for a host of offences such as Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, Harassment or even Statutory Rape.

At 15, if your parents allow you to date, that's one thing. Going behind a parent's back and dating an elementary school student is not in your own best interests. You are much too young yourself to deal with the serious consequences of dating someone four years younger than you.

How to proceed from here? DON'T.

0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 08:07 am
@Hercules2339,
Her mom would have every right to limit how much this girl sees you. She is way too young to have a "relationship" with any boy, much less a 15 year old.

As for you being 15, keep in mind that in 3 years you will be considered an adult and she will only be 14. Do I even have to mention the kind of trouble you are asking for at that point if the two of you still have a "relationship?"

Stay friends. But stop talking about a relationship with an 11 year old child.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 09:24 am
@Hercules2339,
I agree with the other people here... and I will say it more clearly.

This girl is too young for you. You should not date her, the age difference is too great at this point. It may even be illegal in many states.

You should let this go, and find a girlfriend who is closer to your age.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 11:00 am
@Hercules2339,
Break it off NOW! Get some counseling and some free legal advice from a community law center. You may even be on the wrong side of the law (depending on your behavior with the child).

Definitely don't take any illicit photographs.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 02:13 pm
This might be a sicko getting his jollies.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 03:13 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

This might be a sicko getting his jollies.

Why do you have to be such a jerk, Centrox? It doesn't help anyone. If it is a "sicko" then you just helped him or her get their jollies.

If it is a teen-aged kid who just needs help, you have just attacked someone who might just get the advice here they need. At times, you are one of the nastiest people here. It doesn't do any good... other than making your clique happy... and it might actually hurt someone who is just looking for advice.
0 Replies