Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 07:17 pm
@Greatest I am,
I don't think I have moral tenets; the concept of a moral tenet doesn't seem useful to me.

I mostly accept the morality of my society... life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, freedom, civil rights... but that isn't surprising since I was inculcated in this culture since birth.

I don't think I have any moral beliefs that fall outside of the range acceptable moral beliefs that exist in the Northeastern United States at the beginning of the 21st century. I tend to be on the left side of things; I believe in LGBTQ rights, for example. But really there isn't anything that I believe that is out of place for the time and place in which I find myself.

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 02:10 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I don't think I have moral tenets; the concept of a moral tenet doesn't seem useful to me.

I mostly accept the morality of my society... life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, freedom, civil rights... but that isn't surprising since I was inculcated in this culture since birth.

I don't think I have any moral beliefs that fall outside of the range acceptable moral beliefs that exist in the Northeastern United States at the beginning of the 21st century. I tend to be on the left side of things; I believe in LGBTQ rights, for example. But really there isn't anything that I believe that is out of place for the time and place in which I find myself.

So nothing is out of place in your political or religious views. Ok.

Strange that as most of us find a cause to support that we find is correctly going against the status quo.

"I don't think I have moral tenets; the concept of a moral tenet doesn't seem useful to me."

Would, do unto others etc., not be a useful and moral moral tenet?

Regards
DL

0 Replies