I hate valentines day!

almach1

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:18 pm
You're right in a way krista. Before in HSchool v-day was just a day when you had enough balls to tell your secret crush that you liked her. Nobody was really expecting anything. Later on, v-day for me was just a regular day except maybe some flowers or dinner only if I had a significant other. And when I was single, I really didn't care about it. It's just that now people around me at work kind of look down upon you if you don't have a valentine. People are desperate to find anybody to date on monday. The desperation is what pisses me off.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:19 pm
What I really hate are Thursdays. I am mean really, you ever wanna get laid on a thursday? Forgetaboutit, not going to happen, It's past hump day and not nearly the weekend and nobody gives a rats***. Expecting candy? flowers? Never on a thursday. What you can expect on a thursday is to miss the only vacant taxi in a rain storm, stale doughnuts and reheated coffee. I'll take Valentines Day anytime over any Thursday. Mondays are better than thursdays. HI Dag you miss me? I miss you!!(btw Eva won't let me use her puter anymore)
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:44 pm
Get laid thursdays really picked up after my freshman year in college. They changed Mon, Wed, and Fri classes to just Monday and wednesday so nobody had school on fridays anymore. We suddnley had two fridays.
0 Replies

metz87

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:06 am
I hate valentines day
God it's nearly that time of year again and all the shops are full of valentines crap. I have not had a date on valentines day for 5 years and this year will probably be no exception - I always seem to get dumped before xmas, birthdays and valentines day. I don't want sympathy but for I don't want the fact that I'm single shoved in my face! I can't even do my food shopping at asda without seeing all the lovey dovey rubbish in the "season" aisle. I'm not going to get a date for V-Day just for the sake of it. I'm going to have a curry, watch a great dvd (thanks for the tip) and laugh to myself about all the couples putting their all in to such a fake and hyped up day. How many people really have a happy valentines day anyway????!!!

Amy Llewelyn, Brighton, 20 and single!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:49 am
Im getting the woman in my life a bunch of flicks.
1AThree STooges Festival

2"HArd CAndy"

3SAW III

Nothin says lovin like an artery agushin.
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:55 am
Usually its my husband and I with my grandparents go out to dinner just for something nice on valentines day. My grandfather passed last Wednesday, so none of us are looking forward to it.

I think we may stay home, watch a couple non love movies and order a pizza or take out mexican!
0 Replies

countrygirl102377

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:48 pm
I so hate Vday, When my and hub (b/f) at the time, our first Vday we went out on a date, he got me a cute stuffed animal and a rose. But since we been married for 6 yrs, our Vday sucked, never got me flowers, taken me out to eat or treat me like a princess cause we always never have money. His own damned fault for that.

So I am not looking forward to this years and I don't want nuttin.
YellowRosebud

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 04:45 pm
Dude, I'm a VTines Day hater too, but if somebody proposed to me on this.. I might reconsider. Yes, it's cheesy. But sorta sweet?? Some of these guys look really nervous!

http://www.youtube.com/greatestlovestories
0 Replies

Chiron

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 09:45 am
@countrygirl102377,
At least u have someone. Give it a try
Agree that v-day for singles or others are a "U ARE SO SINGLE, AND ALONE" shoved in your face. Im 25 - never had a bf in my life (ever). I have just envied the girls my age sharing the good times with their hubbies. I was just ...staring. Never been looked at. V-day tip; stay at home, chocolat, shower, or inivite a friend and talk gossip.
Like u -im just sharing my "experiences"
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 11:19 am
I've never been real big on Valentine's Day either. My wife for years had to be happy with a card and a kiss for Valentine's Day. And then several years ago I happened upon a gimmick that I will share with you all.

Women, even old grown up married women, like cuddly little gifts for V-Day. I discovered this purely by accident. I had some extra money in my pocket and decided I would spend it on my lovely wife. I happened across an ad for Vermont Teddy Bears. Well, I counted out my pennies and found that I had enough for one of their less expensive bears, so I ordered it and had it sent to her office. Well, let me tell you. When she got home on V-Day with her new teddy bear, she was all over this here clown. I couldn't keep her hands off'n me. Dragged me back to the bedroom and gave me some right fine lovin she did.

Naturally, the following year I bought her a more expensive bear from Vermont Teddy Bears. I think it was the Tarzan bear. Anyway, after getting home and getting an even better heap of lovin, I realized there was a direct correlatation between the expense of the bear and the expression of gratitude bestowed upon me by my wife. Since then, I have not failed to get my wife a Vermont Teddy Bear for valentine's day. I would highly reccomend one.

**For those interested, last year I got her the bride and groom Vermont Teddy Bears and I am still recovering from her appreciation.
saab

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 01:01 pm
Amongst my potatoes today was a heart shaped one.
Who wants it for ValentineĀ“s Day?
After all that is something different isnĀ“t it?
0 Replies

Springbok Nude Girl

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 02:18 am
@almach1,
I totally agree. i've been single for about 2 years. and for some reason every valentines day or close to the 14th I get all these guys who are suddenly interrested in me. Then I just think to myself. Screw you. Where the hell where you the rest of the year. It's bull ****. i think of it as a waste of time and money. Plus I am a girl myself, but I hate it when people give me flowers any way, it dies in a weeks time, and chocolates only go sit on your hips. rather give me pot plant, that won't die or take me to a show. Stupid Cupid.
0 Replies

R-gasm

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:25 pm
@almach1,
I hate V day because I'm Military, deployed, and I pull strings to call my wife on her cell phone and she wouldn't even pick up! What is wrong with this picture, Maybe she didn'like her favorite flowers delivered on friday....
spidergal

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 06:38 am
Like what my Facebook status reads today:

For those in love, every day is like Valentine's Day.
For those not in love, Valentine's Day is like every day.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 07:35 am
@almach1,
An awesome scene. My son's truck has been the bane of his existence for the four years he's been a poor student ...forcing him to keep the damn thing duct-taped together. He has invited me and friends to the Office Space styled destruction of said vehicle as soon as he gets a post-graduation gig. He's going to take a baseball bat to it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 02:52 pm
@CoastalRat,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

To those rushing to heed this advice.

Many of us aren't big on teddy bears.

Green Witch

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 02:59 pm
@dlowan,
I'm with rabbit. I live in a No Teddy Bear Zone, but my husband is smart enough to know that.
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 03:01 pm
@Green Witch,
ATs part of our wedding vows"If you feel you gotta get me a teddy bear , you aint listening real close"
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 03:09 pm
@R-gasm,
Maybe she didn't have her phone on her at the time. My girlfriend's phone fell out of her purse while she was briefly here today and I found it a little later when it started ringing. I couldn't image why there was music coming out of the couch. She's coming back to get it in about an hour. I'm going to pick it up if it rings again, it's probably her husband calling. He is currently out of the area and probably wondering the same thing you are.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 03:48 pm
@dlowan,
Smile Indeed, Deb.

I think the way to go is to give the object of your affection something you know they'd really like. Something personal (no matter how small or big) that really hits the spot!

My best ever Valentines Day gift ever was around age 18. A copy of the complete E E Cummings poems. (I still have it.) Not only that, some of the poems were actually read to me, on a bench, in a park on an exquisite February day. God it was romantic! Very Happy
0 Replies