Earlier info re the Jokes Forum

Wilso

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 10:02 pm
The unanswered topics list is very overloaded with the Jokes. I don't know how much work it would take, but at some time I'd like to see the Jokes forum removed from that list.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,190 • Replies: 5
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:12 pm
Wilso, I hope I'm not out of line here, but ... Have explored "Categorizing" the "Jokes" category? I haven't really thought about how it might best be done, but if it could be, there could be running threads under different categories as opposed to numerous Single-Post/Unanswered topics? I know I enjoy The Jokes forum, but rarely interact on it. It seems to get a respectable number of "Views" for a forum as a whole, so there is interest in it.

timber
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:07 am
Shouldn't be too difficult to start catagorizing jokes, Timber, but it would be a beast to reshuffle the existing ones - I think. Quotes was catagorizied from the beginning and everyone more or less fell into line and posted in the right catagories. If catagories were set up now, it would probably work out the same, but moving existing posts into them would eat up lots of moderator time.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:11 am
Another option is to set the jokes forum to prune. Jokes older than 2 weeks or so would be deleted.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:14 am
Oh, no! That's reference material. I once waded through the whole schmear looking for a particular half remembered joke - only to realize I had received it by email instead of seeing it on forum. Craven, please don't do this.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:29 am
ok lol. I didn't think anyone would care.

BTW All those jokes that get emailed around can usually be found in a 10 second Google search. I haven't seen any new ones in years.
0 Replies