HILLARY CLINTON GETS RELIGION & AN AK47

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:01 pm
Amidst much speculation about Hillary Clinton's metomorphosis into a conservative in advance of what many think is her almost certain run for the presidency in 2008 appears this piece: Smile

January 28, 2005

Hillary Clinton gets religion and an AK47
Gerard Baker
How far will the liberal New York senator go in her quest to become America's first female president?

ACCORDING TO The New York Times (January 25, 2005):The Times
April 25, 2005

Senator Clinton yesterday delighted delegates to the annual convention of the National Rifle Association when she expressed her unstinting opposition to the proposed ban on new classes of lethal assault weapons and dedicated herself to securing the right of every American to own "a fully stocked arsenal" if necessary in defence of his freedoms.

Raising aloft what she described as one of the favourites from her collection of AK47 automatic weapons, Mrs Clinton declared to wild cheers: "If they think some unelected judge in Washington is going to take away my constitutional rights, let them think again! Let them try! Let them come! I'd like to see them. They'll have to prise this beauty from my cold, dead hands."

Mrs Clinton has recently been reaching out beyond the Democratic Party's core supporters on the gun control issue. Last week she was filmed while hunting in upstate New York, and was later seen dragging a dead deer to her new, five-litre Ford Exterminator sports utility vehicle.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
September 15, 2005

At a public ceremony near Waco, Texas, Senator Clinton was received yesterday into full communion with the Church of Jesus Christ of the Repenting Transgressors.

As her sponsors, the Rev Jerry Falwell and the Rev Pat Robertson looked on lovingly, the New York senator was fully immersed in the swirling waters of the Brazos River. A gospel choir sang a collection of spiritual hymns, including, Lo, the Yankee Queen In Bright Array, Rises and It Takes a Village to Smite the Evil.

Mr Falwell welcomed Mrs Clinton, dressed in a white toga, as a reformed sister in the family of former sinners.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Voter," he said. "The prodigal daughter has come home to the Lord! The sheep that was lost is found."

Mrs Clinton has recently been reaching out beyond the Democratic Party's core supporters on religious values. At a news conference after the baptismal ceremony, Mrs Clinton announced that she is to begin hosting a television show next month on Mr Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network. Cookies for Christ will feature her favourite housewife recipes for spiritually appropriate confectionery, including Rock Cakes of Ages and Apocalypse Apple Fritters.

The Times
January 17, 2006

Mel Gibson, the actor and film director, announced yesterday that he had concluded an agreement with Hillary Clinton to make a biographical movie about her life as first lady and senator of the United States.

Called, tentatively, The Passion of the Wife, the film will star Arnold Schwarzenegger as Bill Clinton, Scarlett Johansson as Hillary and Glenn Close as Monica Lewinsky. It tells the story of how Mrs Clinton fought for eight years while in the White House for tougher abortion laws and an end to Church-State separation. It also describes her long campaign to cleanse her husband of perverted and sinful desires.

Mrs Clinton has recently been reaching out beyond the Democratic Party's core supporters to embrace ethnic groups. In an unusual move for a mass audience motion picture, Mr Gibson plans that the film will be entirely in biblical Greek.

The San Francisco Chronicle
May 23, 2006

Senator Clinton yesterday led a defence-of-marriage vigil on the steps of City Hall in San Francisco. As supporters waved banners that said "Queer? Not here," Mrs Clinton said marriage was a sacrosanct institution and urged gays: "If you want to get hitched, try the Lord."

Mrs Clinton has recently been reaching out beyond the Democratic Party's core supporters, and has been campaigning across the nation for a federal ban on gay marriage.

The Washington Post
September 16, 2006

Senator Clinton yesterday urged a chastened Donald Rumsfeld, the Defence Secretary, to stop "pussyfooting around" and get on with the long-deferred invasion of Iran.

At a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on the growing tension between Washington and Tehran, Mrs Clinton, dressed head to toe in desert khaki fatigues, rounded on a plainly intimidated Defence Secretary and said that she had had enough of Mr Rumsfeld's insistence on pursuing a diplomatic approach to the nuclear crisis in the country.

"Are you a man or a mouse, Mr Secretary?" she asked. "Rummy or Runny? There's only one language these people understand. And let me tell you, it isn't Farsi!" Mrs Clinton has recently been reaching out beyond the Democratic Party's core supporters on defence and national security issues. Last month she joined the US National Guard and quickly impressed her commanding officers with her tactical genius.

The Des Moines Register
November 30, 2006

On her seventeenth trip this month to Iowa, Major-General Hillary Clinton (221st Battalion, New York Army National Guard) was introduced to Julia Ericsson, who according to Senate aides is Mrs Clinton's seventh cousin, twice removed. Mrs Ericsson, a native of Dubuque, seemed a little nonplussed by the New York senator's warm embrace. A tearful Mrs Clinton said that she had longed for this day when she would be reunited with her long-lost Iowa family.

The Union Leader,
Manchester, New Hampshire
April 10, 2007

While anointing sick children on a visit to New Hampshire yesterday, Senator Clinton announced that she was moving to Manchester.

"It's actually a lot closer to New York than most people think; I can be in Manhattan in less than four hours. Besides, I just love the idea of living in a state where there is no income tax. In a way it chimes perfectly with the values I have always held

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,19269-1459713,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,367 • Replies: 27
No top replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:21 pm
Foxy - she obviously watched the results of the 2004 election and saw that a far-left anti-war position doesn't cut it with the voters.

Not that any of her vigilance will do her any good in '08 Smile

The Dems also hired Jim Wallis to advise them on "faith" LOL. He said it's not that they don't "have" faith, they just don't understand how to "talk" about it. He's gonna teach 'em. Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:19 am
This is weird.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:21 am
I didn't think JW had the imagination to like SF.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 10:59 am
It was almost comical watching her talk recently as summarized in the first paragraph--the event in that first paragraph of course actually did happen. Her adoring fans fell silent as she praised and pledged support for some policies advocated by the pro-life crowd. She isn't advocating overturning Roe v Wade (as neither are most pro-lifers including President Bush) but she was definitely more on the pro life side than the pro abortion side.

As JW suggested, Hillary may be one of Washington's most liberal senators by virtue of her voting record, but she is no fool. As Bill Clinton learned, conservatism sells and he, being a man of few convictions, didn't really care if conservative stuff happened in his administration so long as he got the credit and praise for it. Hillary will almost certainly play to conservatives as she knows that is the only way she can get elected.

I suspect Hillary does have convictions, however, and it remains to be seen how much she can compromise them in order to be a credible candidate for president.

And yeah, Roger, it was a little wierd. But funny as hell. Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 11:23 am
CLOSING THE GOD GAP

http://www.economist.com/images/20050129/D0505US0.jpg

Quote:

http://www.economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=3600187
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:52 pm
Just heard Rush comment on Hillary's collapse today, and after saying he was glad she was apparently fine and not going to the hospital, just suffering from a stomach virus .... he proceeded to speculate that perhaps she was just dizzy.

He said, "You'd be dizzy too if you did a 180 as fast as she did last week on abortion."(paraphrasing)

Cool
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:55 pm
I wonder if Hillary is willing to start a multi billion dollar war and send thousands of American young men and women to their deaths in order to be president.....for even one term much less two...time will tell...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:55 pm
I had heard she had collapsed or become ill during a speech today. I'm glad that she's okay. There are rumors out there that the Dems are considering running Barbara Boxer for president in 2008. While I think a campaign between Hillary and Condi Rice would be the most fun this country has had in a long time--can't you just see the media elite struggling with how to phrase their diatribes?--can you imagine what a Democratic primary race between Hillary and Barbara would be like?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:57 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Just heard Rush comment on Hillary's collapse today, and after saying he was glad she was apparently fine and not going to the hospital, just suffering from a stomach virus .... he proceeded to speculate that perhaps she was just dizzy.

He said, "You'd be dizzy too if you did a 180 as fast as she did last week on abortion."(paraphrasing)

Cool

It just wasn't abortion, it was also the 2nd amendment and immergration. She starting to pick up on conservative ideas and morph them into her own. I sure hope people have a long memory and don't get fooled by her.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:57 pm
and btw armchair republican pundits....if Hillary is changing her modus operandi in order to make herself and her party more palatable to the American voter,,,,I believe that's what all you have been saying the Dems need to do....careful what you wish for mofo's.....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:59 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and btw armchair republican pundits....if Hillary is changing her modus operandi in order to make herself and her party more palatable to the American voter,,,,I believe that's what all you have been saying the Dems need to do....careful what you wish for mofo's.....

There is one thing to beleive what you say and another to do it because it gets you elected.

I sure hope everyone remebers her Villiage crap!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:03 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

There is one thing to beleive what you say and another to do it because it gets you elected.

I sure hope everyone remebers her Villiage crap!

We don't need you to tell us that....we have living proof of it infesting 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:08 pm
What has Bush done that he would said he wouldn't, and remember before you answer, you have to look at things that have happened after he was elected. Nation building doesn't count, he was ajusting to post election happenings.

Most of what he said he was going to do in his first election he did.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:19 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I wonder if Hillary is willing to start a multi billion dollar war and send thousands of American young men and women to their deaths in order to be president.....for even one term much less two...time will tell...

Keep watching the events in Iraq, BPB. You might just catch on to what's really going on. I don't have a lot of hope, but you might.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:23 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Keep watching the events in Iraq, BPB. You might just catch on to what's really going on. I don't have a lot of hope, but you might.

you are misunderestimating me........I know what's going on there...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:26 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I haven't been saying that. But the problem is she is trying to change her stripes. She, it would appear, is trying to pull a "Kerry": Be all things to all people. Here's an idea: Perhaps these folks should just try and be themselves.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:33 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

you are misunderestimating me........I know what's going on there...

You know what the MSM and Michael Moore have been telling you.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:58 pm
Well seeing Hillary attempt to close the God gap should be entertaining to say the least. The religious wacko right view her as just this side of Satan and the anti-religious wacko left are so anti-Christian they would likely burn her at the stake in effigy if not for real. Not sure how that could be accomplished, but hey, she is the smartest woman of the century according to NOW. Maybe she can pull it off.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 10:38 am
You can't know she's not being honest! If her belief system shaped her struggles against racism, the war on poverty, and the Vietnam action in the 60's, she can talk about it now if she likes; why not? MLK and the other human rights activists actions were based on the religious beliefs that Clinton is stressing. So it's not like she's putting forth an idea that has no precedent.

I think the Democrats are damned if they do and damned if they don'tÂ… if they don't discuss religion and their acceptance thereof in a public sphere they're godless commies, and if they do they're political opportunists. The political right will never find acceptance with anything they do.
0 Replies