Help! My husband won't eat anything I cook!!

panzade

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:48 am
welcome sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 10:52 am
Submission?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:12 am
In the immortal words of my mother, tell him to eat it or starve.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:24 am
AirForce~ Have you and your husband talked about this? I mean when you're not at the table in mid-conflict? Tell him how it makes you feel. Tell him your concerns about potentially having fussy eaters as children. Ask him what it is about "normal" food that he disdains. See if he is willing tyo try your cooking before he decides he doesn't like it. Marriage is all about compromise. And compromise is all about negotiation. Give it a try.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 03:49 pm
IMO, those who have suggested you let him fend for himself are on the right track. You aren't going the change him and trying to may very well result in long term resentment that I'd guess you'd be better off without.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 03:52 pm
Re: Help! My husband won't eat anything I cook!!
AirForcegirl wrote:
pepperoni pizza, plain hamburgers (just the meat and the bun), plain grilled chicken, chicken rice-a-roni, canned corn/green beans, PBJ and plain white bread are the only things he will eat!!!

other than missing some fruits and veggies, it's not that horrid a meal plan. Leave him to it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 05:28 pm
I love green beans. But only the ones I grow myself.

I grow tomatoes, but I don't like them raw.

Sushi is bait.

Am I weird?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 05:34 pm
Ordinarily, I would say let him fend for himself, but I get the inpression that AirForcegirl is unhappy with the status quo. If it's going to eat at her (pardon the pun) if he turns down everything she offers him, then I'd say it's time for them to talk about it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 11:57 am
fishin' wrote:
IMO, those who have suggested you let him fend for himself are on the right track. You aren't going the change him and trying to may very well result in long term resentment that I'd guess you'd be better off without.

I agree in letting him fend for himself. He is not a child and there's absolutely no reason why he can't cook for himself or grab himself some take out on the way home ;-)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:04 pm
There's only one thing that he really needs to like...
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:14 pm
cjhsa wrote:
There's only one thing that he really needs to like...

Hmmmmmmmmm http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/wondering.gif
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:17 pm
Hi Brooke! Smile
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:20 pm
And that's hunting his food with a bow....right? :wink:
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:25 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Hi Brooke! Smile

Hi Cj :wink: (You are so ornery)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:32 pm
Ornery? Me?
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:56 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Ornery? Me?

Ha! Don't play innocent Exclamation

PS-Wouldn't have ya any other way. :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 03:59 am
cjhsa wrote:
Ornery? Me?

Yes, you!

You're a brat and you know it Laughing Razz
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 11:48 am
AirForcegirl, I tend to agree with the folks who are telling you to let your husband eats what he pleases--but, it's a pretty lousy diet. The individual ingedients aren't so bad, but the repetition of the same foods day after day is definitely unhealthy. Humans maintain best condition on a varied diet. When I was teaching--and had all of 20 minutes for lunch--I'd have a handful of nuts, a yoghurt, a piece of fresh fruit, and some V-8 juice. Easy to eat on the run, nutritious, etc. When, on one routine check-up, my doctor asked me what I ate, she told me politely that my lunch was potential trouble--because of its narrowness. You plan to be with your husband a long time; therefore, his highly-limited diet could become a problem for both of you. If all my wife wanted to eat were the items on your husband's list, I'd have very mixed feelings about preparing them for her, because I'd be contributing the increased probability of her suffering disease.

I wouldn't suggest that you stop cold in preparing your husband's list--because, if he can't get this food at home without making it himself, he might well end up going out and eating worse-quality versions.

You both work; why don't you both cook? When my wife and I were both working, we took turns cooking for the family every other day. The person who cooked, did not clean up--and vice versa. The cook decided on the meal and shopped for the ingredients. If the clean-up person truly felt that what he or she was served was inedible, the cook would have to clear and wash up. Over 25 years, the Inedible Clause was only invoked twice. If your husband is responsible for feeding you every other day, he MIGHT think about whom he's cooking for. And that MIGHT broaden his diet.

When did he make The List? If he was seven, and his parents never saw to it that he experienced a variety of foods, this may be tough going, getting him to experiment! But, for health reasons, his diet needs to change.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 12:04 pm
Miklos7 wrote:
When did he make The List? If he was seven, and his parents never saw to it that he experienced a variety of foods, this may be tough going, getting him to experiment! But, for health reasons, his diet needs to change.

I asked what did his mother have to say about it for the very same reason. I'm curious if mommy allow him to be so picky. His choices are so childlike that it sounds like a list complied, as you noted, by a seven year old.
0 Replies

surfdude

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 01:36 pm
I am a man- an always hungry man. If he wont eat what you lovingly prepare for him. DON'T FEED HIM! He'll come around real quick! Promise.

If my wife stopped feeding me I would definatly pay attention to whatever she had to say!
0 Replies