Lonely Newlywed

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:53 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Plus you can always hang out with us here on A2K.

Check out some of the other forums. There are a ton of great people here who are a ton of fun.

Aw, Jpin, that's so nice to mention me!

:wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:55 pm
What J_B and JP (hmm) said about Chicago -- I just moved away from there. It's a great place.

I moved there when I was 7 months pregnant, and can really identify with what you're saying. Very common. That's great about MeetUp! That's a good way to start.

That's too bad that your husband feels insecure -- as eoe says, the longer you're there, the less likely he'll worry about this stuff. Feel free to vent here if you feel like venting!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:13 pm
Kristie wrote:
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Plus you can always hang out with us here on A2K.

Check out some of the other forums. There are a ton of great people here who are a ton of fun.

Aw, Jpin, that's so nice to mention me!

:wink:

No problem Kristie... I do what I can Very Happy
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:15 am
Your husband is (unknwoingly) manipulating you with his reactions to your yearings for the pre married life. He is probably interpretting it as "you dont want to be married anymore" and it's just not the csae. I wonder if you can sit him down and explain. He needs to imagine moving down south to follow your career and really understand the reverse scenario....that hot humid muggy sun would drench his Hugo Boss suit while the rosters were crowing.

The foundation to marriage is trust and security, and you two may need to build that afer the fact. It sounds tough since your hubby has past reasons to feel this way. I think all your problem can be solved with trust & understanding (as cliche as that may sound).

Best wishes and even counseling could be considered since you're likely to build resentment over time, and something far worse could happen only for your hubby to say he wished he knew so he could've done something.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:47 am
Quote:
I am sort of stuck in the house since I don't have a car although I do knit, crochet, cook, etc.

I don't know Chicago, so I am not aware of the mass transit systems. Are you abvle to get around the city easily by mass transit?

It DOES seem a bit severe to have you moved out of the environment that you have known, and then have you stuck in an unfamiliar place, with no way to get around.

Is there any way to arrange for you to have the car, at least a few days a week? If not, is there any way that the two of you could buy a 2nd car for you to use?
0 Replies