He Walked Out - I am Dying

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:10 pm
Noddy wrote:
Why is his stuff still strewn around your house? Do you want him back? Put it all in boxes--and don't do his laundry first, either. Pack his cruddy clothes dirty!

Noddy, you kill me.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:00 pm
I just love you, Noddy. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you. Wink

Take a bow...

http://www.now.org/images/nnt/200211/ovation.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:43 pm
FreeDuck, Eva--

Thanks for the kind words.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:25 am
"Shared pain is always easier to handle. The three of you can band together from here on out."

So True, No you have to go about the business of healing. There is good advice on this thread. The fat lady says its over (and about time). GOOD ridd... and good-bye. No Contact is necessary. Pretend he died. But do not sink into self-pity. So it was a mistake, like they say give yourself a pat on the back and a hug. You cannot expect to get from people (love, maturity, help etc.) if they do not have it to give. Have you not seen fancy pretty wrapped packages, that had nothing but an "advertisement" inside. That's what he was.
0 Replies

KarenMattys

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 10:34 am
Update - Broken Hearted, Walked Out, Etc. - MOLESTER
Thanks for all your support on the loser that walked out on me and my kids. On Tuesday, when I finally had enough, I "broke" it to my 10 year old daughter that he was never coming back - ever. She made me promise and then she told me something - Now I know why he left. He has been molesting her since August. I am just sick. I took her to my mom's house, she told my mom everything, the police were called and now I am, I don't know what. I am shocked and afraid that I will lose custody of her due to my bad judgement. FIVE years, not a problem.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 11:47 am
You are not a bad parent. Molestation happens way more than people think, and MOST OF THE TIME, the Mother IS UNAWARE.

The jerks don't say to you I really want your daughter so I'll settle for you. You have done the right thing. AND YOU are way better than those parents who COULD NEVER BELIEVE their man w/do such a thing.

The courts are not stupid. Good Luck---this is a hard road to travel.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 04:01 pm
I'm so sorry Karen. I won't pretend to know how you feel but you've done the right thing by calling the police. Your daughter will need a lot of support in the short term and maybe even in the long term. Are you able to get her with a therapist who is experienced in sexual abuse?

I would be surprised if the courts would want to take her from you. She needs you now more than ever. Best wishes to you both.
0 Replies