Should I try and see where it goes?

katya07

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:35 pm
Hi,the other days I went to Walmart and I was in the cosmetic section (which I happen to love LOL!!) and when I get to the hair care aisle, i was trying on some perfumes and when I was walking towards the shampoo/conditioners this guy on his mid to late 30s is coming my way an stares funny at me, I thought ”what a creep” Lol Ok, so then I left to the body wash/flat iron aisle and I happened to be there with my grandma, so she tells me ”oh wait for me here I will be right back, I’m gonna go and get something” Ok so as soon as she left, the guy comes back and talks to me hes like ”are you jennifer? i’m like what? no, and he says jennifer lopez, and I start to giggle and laugh, so does he,(he was like you look so much like her, have you ever been told that? and I am like yeah a couple of times, but ”I wish i was” Lol, so he gave me his business card and invites me for a coffee the next day, I told him that I do not live here in florida,(which was a lie cause I do live here) but since I did not know him at all I lied, so he was kinda of cute/nice perhaps a couple years older than me, and I decided to add him on whatsapp today, So I said hi to him, so he replied and saw the message so late at 8:01, he told me he is divorced, should I break the ice asking him something specific or what do you advice me to do,….Should I keep talking with him and see where this goes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 4,463 • Replies: 9
No top replies

chai2

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:40 pm
@katya07,
How old are you?
katya07

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 09:28 am
@chai2,
29 and he recently told me on a message that he is 46 :s
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 01:26 pm
At 46, it's unusual that he is not married, but this could be true. Most likely, he has children.

Be sure you check this out. Talk to him first. Then if you meet, be sure it's in a public place.

PS His "line" sounded childish, like something out of the bar scene.
centrox

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 01:53 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:
PS His "line" sounded childish, like something out of the bar scene.

His line sounded totally cheesy, and ought to flash red lights.
katya07

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 04:03 pm
@PUNKEY,
No, he told me, that he is divorce but without kids, he gave me his business card an he is a senior designer in a well known construction/engineer company, I just hate the fact that this man takes wayyyy to long to answer a whats app message, maybe he just is just not worth it....
ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 06:11 pm
@katya07,
katya07 wrote:
I just hate the fact that this man takes wayyyy to long to answer a whats app message

if speed of response on an app is how you value a person, you should probably consider looking for someone a generation or two younger than this guy

adults are often too busy to be responding on apps constantly
chai2

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 08:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah, he's a senior designer at a well known contruction/engineering company, so naturally he's going to immediately leave the job sites, meetings etc to respond to someone he chatted up in the make up aisle at Walmart.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 02:17 am
@centrox,
Sounds a bit like Pat Mustard.

0 Replies

James3270

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 06:51 am
@katya07,
"Are you Jennifer Lopez?" Not trying to be rude but that's a horrible way to break the ice and leads me to believe that this guy is lazy and lacks creativity. That translates to horrible sex. My advice would be to cut this guy loose. And that's solely based on the Jennifer Lopez comment!
0 Replies