Today we are saddened beyond words

jcboy

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 08:21 pm
Yesterday we said goodbye to our little girl dog Mackie. She developed a few tumors on her side. We had the surgery done, and had them removed but they were malignant tumors. We tried cancer treatment with no success. The cancer had spread and we could not allow her to suffer any longer.

Today the mobile vet came out and put her down in her own bed.

The kids are devastated at the loss of our little girl doggie.

https://image.ibb.co/j4bOeG/mac7.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/crj9KG/mac4.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/mMx76w/mac2.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/c5cUKG/mac3.jpg

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 08:33 pm
I feel the pain.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 08:39 pm
So sorry to hear this Morgan.

Pets = Love
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 08:46 pm
@jcboy,
Goodbye to your pretty girl. Such a beautiful face.

Much love to her pack.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 09:17 pm
It has been more than four and a half years since our friend Cleo left us, and I still grieve. Mr. Bailey left us a little over two years ago. I know your sorrow, but I have no wisdom to offer you. I do offer my sincere sympathy.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 11:31 pm
@jcboy,
So very sorry for your loss! Dogs are family, too (I do know the difference between our children and our dog). When they leave us, far too soon, their loss leaves a giant hole in our lives that can't be filled by just (as some say) getting another dog.

We, too, fought hard for our little Maxie-dog. He left us a year and a half ago, and it's still a raw wound for us today. You did the best you could, and it was time to let her go.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 01:01 am
I looked for the appropriate thing to say in Hebrew. I hope this is it:

תַּנְחוּמִים

In English I say that you and your family are in my heart and my thoughts.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 04:09 am
@jcboy,
Shes a little sweetheart.
We knowingly accept the "deal" that we must sign on to whenever we choose to share our time with creatures having shorter lives than our own. They come in to our lives , leave their paw prints of joy and love, then they leave us.
Its unfair, I know, but we sign on anyway.
Hope today's pain turns into some.
great memories of her antics.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 09:26 am
You gave her an excellent life and, in return, she gave you one, too.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 01:07 pm
@jcboy,
Our sincere sympathies form our dog family (including JellyBean, our miniature 8-yr-old French Poodle) to yours. Time heals all wounds.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 06:11 pm
I am so sorry...I know the pain. We just lost our boy last week. I am still feeling the pain and miss him every day.

She looks like a really sweet baby.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 06:54 pm
@jcboy,
My sincere sympathies.

it's a loss unlike any other.

Time heals, but won't erase.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 07:48 pm
Thanks everyone. It’s been a rough couple of months.

It will be a while before the kids get over this dramatic experience that’s for sure, but they know we made the right decision.

And it’s not just the kids but there other two dogs. Frankie and Mac were the same age when I brought them from home from the shelter. They haven’t been separated in 8 years. Frankie hollowed for two hours when they took Mac away.

Both Frankie and Antonio’s dog Paco have been watching the front door expecting her to return home.
Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 09:22 pm
@jcboy,
When Cleo died, we put her in her dog bed, and put it on the back of the sofa by the front door. Mr. Bailey sniffed around, and was clearly puzzled. The next day, The Girl took her to the vet to be cremated. Mr. Bailey laid by the front door, waiting for his friend to come back. If he was not eating, or going for a walk, he was at the front door. He was there, literally, until the day he died. Our new friend, Bella, when she first came to live with us, slept curled up by Mr. Bailey by the front door from the first day. I guess she thought that's what dogs did. She learned how to be a dog by watching Mr. Bailey.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 10:13 pm
@jcboy,
Our hearts have been broken every time we lose one of our beautiful beasts. It's the price we all pay for the gift of living with these loving, happy mood lifters. I understand how painful it is when they have to go......but aren't you thrilled to have had her in your life? Most of us know how much it aches to lose such a beautiful soul, we want to have them forever. I'm so sorry you have lost Mac...but I'm sure Mac was happy for all the time you all had together. I wish you peace of mind. GB
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 12:23 pm
@jcboy,
Morgan, I am so sorry that your family has suffered this painful loss. And everyone here, who has experienced a similar loss, understands just how painful it is.

In a way, our grief is a tribute to just how special our dogs are in our lives, and the enormous love they inspire in us toward them. I have never stopped missing the 4 wonderful dogs whose lives I shared over several decades, they were all unique, and wonderful, and irreplaceable.

That said, I still believe that getting another dog, at some future point, does help the healing process because it creates a new loving relationship. Each time I lost a dog, I vowed to never get another and go through this pain of loss again. And, each time I went right ahead and broke that vow, and brought a new pup into my life, something I have never regretted.

It might ease the pain, a tiny bit, for your children, if they made a donation to a no-kill shelter, or animal protection organization, to honor Mackie's memory. It's a symbolic way of helping her memory, and her importance in your lives, to live on.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
0 Replies