What, exactly, is the rationale for establishing "sanctuary cities?"

layman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

This isn't the real debate about illegal immigration, it's your fake debate about diversity, which has nothing to do with legal immigration.

Exactly, Baldy. That said, you're still a GAWD-DAMNED RACIST, eh?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:39 pm
@layman,
I know plenty of Mexican-Americans (and a few illegals) who don't at all hate this country.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I know plenty of Mexican-Americans (and a few illegals) who don't at all hate this country.

+1 Finn.... finally!!!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Mexicans are generally conservative folks. The problem has been that the lefties in this country have turned a number of impressionable young men and women (not to mention the La Raza folks who have come over)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:43 pm
@maxdancona,
Just a statement of fact which, sad to say, for a moment I hesitated to post because I knew how you would cackle over it.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Well, ya never know for sure, eh, Finn? I'm sure they are some like that. On the other hand, I will also give some credibilty (and credit for honesty, at least) to the Mexican who wrote the piece for Huffpo and said that Mexicans disguise their (almost universal) internal hatred for gringos.

And I didn't intend to include actual citizens. I was talking about illegals--Mexican nationals And of course you're right about the left cultivating (but not necessarily creating) their hatred of the U.S.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:45 pm
@layman,
If that's true, they, not me, are poorer for it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:46 pm
@layman,
Layman did say that a Mexican-American president would betray the country because of his (or her) Mexicanness. Layman's belief system is pretty ugly.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:49 pm
@maxdancona,
I have my hands filled with the lefties on this site.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:51 pm
@maxdancona,
I have spent quite a bit of time in Mexico. Here is the US I am part of a community that supports what you are calling "illegal" immigrants. I know a fairly large number of illegal immigrants. I have never felt any hatred from Mexicans, Mexican-Americans or from immigrants.

Layman can find individual cases of Jews, or Black people, or any ethnic group saying hateful things. They don't mean anything... they are cherry picked individual examples used to slur an entire ethnic group.

I am genetically as much of a Gringo as you can imagine. I have European ancestors who were living in Massachusetts in the 1600s and, other than a Jewish branch through Italy all of my ancestors were from Northern Europe.

I have never experienced hatred from Mexicans... not here and not in Mexico. There was some anger over Trump. But, that is to be expected.
layman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:52 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Layman did say that a Mexican-American president would betray the country because of his (or her) Mexicanness. Layman's belief system is pretty ugly.

A Mexican I quoted stated that hispanics would soon hold every constitutional office in California. They've just about accomplished that already, and look at the laws they pass. Another said they could easily accomplish importing 50 million illegal mexican citizens into the country, and then be in a position to take over. He was probably overly optimistic about his numbers, but however many millions of illegal mexicans they can smuggle into Californa will be facilitated and "welcomed" by the Mexican majority there now.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 02:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It is more effective policing your own side, or challenging the bullshit from both.

I am sure glad that Layman is on your side rather than mine (although, I do have Izzy.. but you don't see me standing by his bullshit without challenging him on it).
layman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 03:00 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I have never experienced hatred from Mexicans..
You mean in your excursions to high-class Mexican tourist resort areas? Of course not, the authorities make sure you feel welcome there because they want your money.

Try strollin into a barrio in East LA, and see what happens to your gringo ass, eh?

Forget East LA. I drove into the barrio in a smaller California town once, looking for a mexican hit and run driver who had side-swiped me. I had no sooner pulled over to a stop than 4-5 Mexican vehicles pinned me in from all sides, North, South, East, and West. The hatred and racial epithets were flowing like the Mississippi and the threats of violence were clear. It was only when I hauled out my sawed-off that they retreated. Fortunately for me they weren't gang members, just your average mexican homeboy.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 03:00 pm
@maxdancona,
It's not "effective" at all. It may be satisfying, but that's it.

Besides, I like layman.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 03:10 pm
@layman,
Quote:
You mean in your excursions to high-class Mexican tourist resort areas? Of course not, the authorities make sure you feel welcome there because they want your money.

For the record, I have never been to a Mexican tourist resort area. Most of my time in Mexico is spent in areas where there are no tourists. I speak near fluent Spanish, and have good friends who speak no English.
layman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 03:20 pm
@maxdancona,
A lot of what I've posted here was not directed so much toward illegal immigration, per se, as it was hightor's cheese-eating statement that he didn't care in the least how patriotic the Mexicans in this country are.

But it all relates to illegal immigration, too, so......

Any foreigner admitted should be evaluated, in advance of his entry, with respect to the likelihood that he will assimilate, among other things.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 03:59 pm
@maxdancona,
For the record: Ain't you the cat's pajamas?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 04:09 pm
@layman,
Hey, Max. You never answered this question, eh? Why not? Even though you aint on my side, I'm following your recommendation and callin your ass out, eh?

layman wrote:

Quote:
In 1800, the colonial province of Texas was sparsely populated, with only about 7,000 non-Indian settlers. In 1829, as a result of the large influx of American immigrants, the non-Hispanic outnumbered native Spanish speakers in the Texas territory. The settlers and many Mexican businessmen in the region rejected the demands, which led to Mexico closing Texas to additional immigration, which continued from the United States into Texas illegally.

Tell me, Max. How many of those American citizens who crossed the Mexican border into Texas immediately transferred all their loyalty to the Mexican government, ya think? 100%? 50%? 10%? What?

Do you think that depended on whether they had entered legally (according to Mexican law) or illegally?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 04:32 pm
@layman,
You don't know history very well. The "Americans" in Texas in the 1800s weren't at all loyal to the United States. They rebelled from the United States in 1861.

The issue, of course, was slavery. They rebelled from Mexico when Mexico outlawed slavery and then they rebelled from the United States in the Civil war. Some people in Texas are still talking about leaving the Union.
layman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 04:55 pm
@maxdancona,
So, then, your answer is....0%, that it?

Got a cite for this:?

Quote:
The "Americans" in Texas in the 1800s weren't at all loyal to the United States.

Or is that just another thing that you just made up on the spot because it sounded good?

Kinda funny that just a few years later Texas chose to join the U.S., ya know?