The embarrassment factor

over the edge

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 03:04 pm
Adding an update to this old topic. I met her today, running about campus showing new students around. I didn't have time to think about it. But she gave me the warmest smile and looked straight at me for many seconds, even when I diverted my eyes and returned, it was there. Even after I had left, I had to go, the others were urging, as I was turning around to see she was looking at me as I left.
She had her thesis presented today and I couldn't be there so I think I'll write her a short message about that. If she's still interested, she's got a hook then. If she was trying to see if I was still interested today, I did a poor job of making that clear, surprised by the whole situation. Either way it warmed me, I thought things would be awkward between us, that I had complicated our friendship. I am glad it isn't so.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 08:50 pm
I just read this thread, so I may be waaaay off.

But here's my perspective (i am a woman, btw):

This girl just sounds like a regular ol' flirty type. She keeps lots of guys in her gaze (you mentioned a bf or a possible bf: and then she moves in with a guy while you were clueless?!). I doubt you are the only guy walking around campus feeling warm from her friendly smiles and demeanor.

I wouldn't fawn over her. She'll keep this up for as long as you'll let her. If it is just a matter of harmless flirting for you, fine. But I wouldn't wait around or worry my skull about a girl who keeps "a few in the pasture' at all times.
Why lot turn your interest to someone who can make up their mind?

It's your call.
Just seems like a waste of your time.
0 Replies