Brain Disease

jerlands

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2018 12:19 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
So, what's your personal human being experience with all this?

I intermittent fast, that is I don't eat for between 12-18 hours a day and and infrequently for 24 hours. Doing this is said to produce D--β-hydroxybutyrate but I don't measure ketones either and don't really care to. I've kinda established my dietary patterns and requirements and just go from there. Testing is very important though because it's the only way to really know at the cellular level if you're actually fulfilling your bodies requirements. Why I like to push the topic is to reform our current standard of care. I KNOW the health crisis we're in KNOW the effect it's having on our society.. which I live in and which affects MY health and MY state of mind. I want to make affordable healthcare available to everyone simply for my own future.
chai2

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2018 12:24 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Damaging in what way? I hope you're not talking about ketoacidosis, which some uninformed nutritionists and other health care people point to.
Many people confuse ketosis with ketoacidosis, which is an extreme and rare form of ketosis almost always experienced by diabetics, which can put them into kidney failure.

What about this?

You claim to have information that ketosis is damaging long term.

What is your definition of long term?
What are the dangers, and what damage occurs?
Where did you get this information?

chai2

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2018 12:26 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:

I've kinda established my dietary patterns and requirements and just go from there.

Testing is very important though because it's the only way to really know at the cellular level if you're actually fulfilling your bodies requirements.

So you "kinda" established for yourself what is best. How did you kinda establish this?

What kind of testing do you get? How often? By Whom?
jerlands

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2018 12:42 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
You claim to have information that ketosis is damaging long term.

What is your definition of long term?
What are the dangers, and what damage occurs?
Where did you get this information?

As I said earlier... the study of ketosis is young. The body needs a wide array of exposure, not only nutritionally but that involves a whole host of environmental influences. The importance of carbohydrates on adrenal glands for instance. I don't have all the data and studies but I get exposed to a wide array of information and understand the body needs a wide array of exposure not only nutritionally but almost in every other way.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2018 12:57 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
So you "kinda" established for yourself what is best. How did you kinda establish this?

What kind of testing do you get? How often? By Whom?

Both Cyrex and Spectracell have cellular nutrient level testing.

How did I establish my diet? The fact is my diet varies. The patterns of my eating varies but is based upon now a simple premise that involves a few factors. Good healthy fats, moderate to low carbs and occasional animal proteins. Everything sourced from the best available. I've learned about this over time and as time passes I learn more and change as I see fit.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2018 01:00 pm
@chai2,
Before you respond, keep in mind where I'm coming from.

From what I've read of your posts, you appear to want to come across as at least some kind of quasi authority. I can only address your responses to me, but you've called my request for clear communication from you "stupidity", called my comments in another threat "droll" without even reading (at that time) what I said entirely, thrown out a not so veiled threat as to the danger and damage a person would do to themselves under certain circumstances (without suppling one iota of evidence), and more if I had to think about it.

Yet, when asked to finally reveal who you are as a person, the best you can come up with is that you "kinda" figured all this out for own individual benefit, and then just "go from there"

Correct. You don't have all the data, or you'd be citing it. Being exposed to a "wide variety" might mean most of it comes from heresay.

I'm not convinced a body needs a wide variety of nutrition. Humans evolved in one isolated area of the Earth, and weren't exposed to a wide variety. We migrated all over the planet, and each area of the world provides it's own limited food options, based on the environment.

The actual "study" of ketosis may be young, but people eating in such a way that most of their time is naturally spent in ketosis is hundreds of thousands of years.
There is no physiological reason for the human body to get any carbohydrates in fact. It's not essential. Fat and protein are. With very little effort, humans get more than enough carbohydrates to support their adrenal glands, and any other bodily function it might benefit.

The science/chemistry behind nutrition is facinating. The study as been going on as long as people have lived, in the form of "hey, this keeps me from getting hungry for a long time, and I feel good."

I'd be more apt to respect your posts if they weren't mostly declarations of your own, as evidenced by you don't back up the specifics, even when asked.

I'm going to be thumbing down this topic now, so I won't see it any more. I really haven't the desire to discuss this with someone who, IMO is all hat and no cattle.
jerlands

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2018 01:02 pm
@chai2,
I don't want to get involved in a rant.
centrox

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 04:54 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:
I don't want to get involved in a rant.

Maybe if you stopped banging on about your woo-medicine hobby horse, you wouldn't need to?
jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 05:06 pm
@centrox,
0 Replies