1
   

Pushing the Gay Agenda

 
 
Lightwizard
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:58 pm
Happens all the time, Dookie and it's entirely beside the point.
0 Replies
 
Dookiestix
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 04:07 pm
Quote:
it's entirely beside the point.


I don't think it is according to the homophobes on this thread.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 04:57 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Does Baldimo not think that there are homosexuals out there who would marry a woman for the sole purpose of obtaining these priviliges, and that it would be a consensual agreement between the gay man and the gay/straight woman?


Do you not think that would happen if gay marriage were to be legal? What would be next?
0 Replies
 
Lightwizard
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 06:33 pm
Huh?
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 06:54 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Huh?


If gay marriage were legal do you not think straight people would take advantage of it to get the tax cuts and medical coverage?

Besides, the medical coverage is already happening, in most if not all companies.
0 Replies
 
Lightwizard
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 06:57 pm
By marrying a same sex partner? Laughing
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 07:25 pm
Most people in this country will do anything they can to cheat the system. If you don't think so then you are hiding in the dirt.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:09 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
Huh?


If gay marriage were legal do you not think straight people would take advantage of it to get the tax cuts and medical coverage?

Besides, the medical coverage is already happening, in most if not all companies.


I know some people that would do that in a heart beat.

Lifetime bachelors that already share a house. Each have their own lives and are far from being gay.
0 Replies
 
ebrown p
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:01 pm
Gay marriage is just like interracial marriage.

It was illegal. Many people thought it was immoral and gave Biblical reasons for it. In our country it was opposed by the majority of people.

As opinions started to change, some states started allowing it. Ironicall, the governor of Massachusetts invoked a law passed in 1913 for the express purpose of hampering interstate interracial marriages to hamper gay marriages.

The same arguments goes for both homosexual and interracial marriages.

People can use interracial marriages to cheat the system.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:23 pm
How is that? Please explain.
0 Replies
 
ebrown p
 
  1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:56 pm
Quote:
If race-mixing were legal, don't you think non-miscegonists would take advantage of it to get the tax cuts and medical coverage?
...
A lifetime bachelor and bachelorette share a house. Each have their own lives and are far from miscegonists.


Actually it seems to me, that whether you are race-mixing, or homosexual, it is likely that if you were to take to legal step of marriage, you would be quite serious first. I was single for years and had several opportunities where I could have married without love for these tax-benifits. I chose not to.

The point is that race, or gender, has no bearing on whether you would fake a marriage or not. If these benefits are so important, I could just as easily fake a marriage with a women or a Greek. Stopping gay marriages doesn't affect my ability to fake a marriage one bit.

People who have problems with marriages they don't approve of have always invented logical sounding reasons for what is basically an irrational reaction.

This happened with interracial marriages, and it is happening now.

Interestingly, the exact same argument that we see in A2K-- how a marriage that is not accepted by society would affect families (and children) -- was made against interracial marriages. Perhaps given the time it was a stronger argument.

Thank God that the US always seems to come around on these issues ... eventually.
0 Replies
 
Lightwizard
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:51 am
Exactly, ebrown, and you've just made the point that this thread has rapidly descended into silliness.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 02:37 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:
If race-mixing were legal, don't you think non-miscegonists would take advantage of it to get the tax cuts and medical coverage?
...
A lifetime bachelor and bachelorette share a house. Each have their own lives and are far from miscegonists.


Actually it seems to me, that whether you are race-mixing, or homosexual, it is likely that if you were to take to legal step of marriage, you would be quite serious first. I was single for years and had several opportunities where I could have married without love for these tax-benifits. I chose not to.

The point is that race, or gender, has no bearing on whether you would fake a marriage or not. If these benefits are so important, I could just as easily fake a marriage with a women or a Greek. Stopping gay marriages doesn't affect my ability to fake a marriage one bit.

People who have problems with marriages they don't approve of have always invented logical sounding reasons for what is basically an irrational reaction.

This happened with interracial marriages, and it is happening now.

Interestingly, the exact same argument that we see in A2K-- how a marriage that is not accepted by society would affect families (and children) -- was made against interracial marriages. Perhaps given the time it was a stronger argument.

Thank God that the US always seems to come around on these issues ... eventually.


You still haven't explained how marriage between races and gay people have had the same arguments. So you haven't proven anything.

I don't see homosexuality as normal or natural. I do see people regardless of race marrying because it is still what nature intended to promote the human race. 1 man 1 woman is what nature intended and it has worked for thousands of years. What benefits does nature provide for homosexuality?
0 Replies
 
Dookiestix
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 03:02 pm
Homosexuality has existed in just about every living species of mammals.

Go figure...

And why does marriage have to justify procreation? Many unmarried couples have children. Many married homosexual couples either have biological babies with surrogate mothers (just like heterosexual couples who cannot conceive), or they adopt.

Peple who don't see homosexuality as normal exhibit a narrow minded perspective of the issue and a forgone conclusion fueled by religious dogma.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 03:05 pm
There is no such thing as 'unnatural.'

To use the word in this context belies a misunderstanding of what nature is.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 03:36 pm
Marriage is not natural, it is man-made therefore it is up to man to decide how it is defined.
0 Replies
 
cjhsa
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:12 pm
http://www.humnet.ucla.edu/humnet/lgbts/events.html


Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender studies at a major university. "Hey Dad, I got my gay degree!"
0 Replies
 
Dookiestix
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:17 pm
Quote:
Marriage is not natural, it is man-made therefore it is up to man to decide how it is defined.


Yeah, who needs women to help define marriage, eh? Laughing

And didn't you just define marriage already as "not natural?"

Boy, you funny guy, McGentrix. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies
 
joefromchicago
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:29 pm
Baldimo wrote:
What benefits does nature provide for homosexuality?

The innate ability to accessorize.
0 Replies
 
ebrown p
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:37 pm
Baldimo wrote:

You still haven't explained how marriage between races and gay people have had the same arguments. So you haven't proven anything.


My point is that every argument you (and anyone else I have heard) are making not only can be made against interracial marriage, they have been made against interracial marriage.

These arguments include:
1) They are against the Bible.
2) They are unnatural.
3) They go against our history and our culture.
4) They are bad for children.
(Did I forget any?...)

I am not saying that any of these arguments are valid against either homosexual or interracial marriages.

It is a historical fact that interracial marriages were opposed for all of these reasons. Remember that interracial marriages were illegal in most states a mere fifty years ago.

Quote:

I don't see homosexuality as normal or natural. I do see people regardless of race marrying because it is still what nature intended to promote the human race.


This is the whole of your arguement-- your opinion. You "don't see" homosexuality as normal or natural. Many people "don't see" interracial marriage as normal or natural. That is why it was illegal until recently.

Would you let other people opinions about what races you could marry affect your right to marry the person you love? Why do you then turn around and let your opinions prevent others from marrying those who they love.

Quote:

1 man 1 woman is what nature intended and it has worked for thousands of years. What benefits does nature provide for homosexuality?


Homosexuality has existed in many societies for thousands of years. It is just that it has been opposed and persecuted in many societies.

Likewise interracial relationships have been opposed and persecuted in many societies for "thousands of years". This includes our culture.

I think your argument has a huge problem in that you insisting the other people follow your opinion about what is right, moral and natural. But... you refuse to accept the opinions of others, which are just as historical prevelent and strongly felt as yours.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/20/2021 at 02:18:57