Pushing the Gay Agenda

Baldimo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:45 pm
I can understand equal rights, but where does that come into play when talking about forced tollerance and special privledges for a specific group?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:51 pm
Baldimo wrote:
I can understand equal rights, but where does that come into play when talking about forced tollerance and special privledges for a specific group?

Don't have a clue, why not start a thread about whatever it is you are talking about.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:12 pm
It is talking about the "gay agenda". Have you not read any of the posts I have made in this thread? Or is this just a back patting thread?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:10 pm
Baldimo, did you read my initial post on this thread. I suggested my agenda and asked the question -- is this a "gay agenda".

I read your posts, but I don't think you are right that anyone is asking for "special priveledges" for anyone.

So I would ask you two things.

1) Please respond to the initial post of this thread. Is my agenda a "gay agenda"? Do you support it?

2) Please explain what you mean about "special priveledges" and forced tolerance.

Are you saying that protecting students from harrassment is a "special priveledge" because most students don't need this protection? Or is there something else a bit more substantial you are talking about.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:36 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Baldimo, did you read my initial post on this thread. I suggested my agenda and asked the question -- is this a "gay agenda".

I read your posts, but I don't think you are right that anyone is asking for "special priveledges" for anyone.

So I would ask you two things.

1) Please respond to the initial post of this thread. Is my agenda a "gay agenda"? Do you support it?

2) Please explain what you mean about "special priveledges" and forced tolerance.

Are you saying that protecting students from harrassment is a "special priveledge" because most students don't need this protection? Or is there something else a bit more substantial you are talking about.

Part of your agenda is the same as the agenda of PFLAG and other such groups. You want homosexuality to be taught in the schools regardless of what the parents think. You are having the schools teach things that are no business of the schools to teach.

If you would have read my first post you would have seen this. Much of what you advocate is the same as the agenda groups. Let the kids worry about how to spell and do math before they have to think and or worry about sexuality.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:42 pm
That's right, don't tell em a thing, wait until AFTER they have contracted an STD or get/get a girl pregnant.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:55 pm
Baldimo wrote:

Part of your agenda is the same as the agenda of PFLAG and other such groups. You want homosexuality to be taught in the schools regardless of what the parents think. You are having the schools teach things that are no business of the schools to teach.

Can you explain the whole notion of homosexuality being taught in school?
You make it sound as though educators separate the boys and the girls and recieve oral and anal sex instruction.
What they are teaching, if I understand correctly as a teacher myself, is that we are teaching tolerance of the choices individuals either make or biologically, can not change.
Fat, deaf, mentally/physically handicapped, unathletic, stylish, smelly, geeky....etc.
Tolerance.

Baldimo wrote:
If you would have read my first post you would have seen this. Much of what you advocate is the same as the agenda groups. Let the kids worry about how to spell and do math before they have to think and or worry about sexuality.

Problem is...parents depend on us to educate their kids in such matters because their fom of sex-education is abstinence...
...and I don't mean that they teach abstinence. They simply abstain from broaching the topic with them.

As a sidebar...schools began teaching tolerance of mixed marriages and relationships while parents still remained bigoted and inflexible in their beliefs.
Teachers are paving the way to breed ignorance, intolerance and hatred out of your children.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:02 pm
Baldimo,

You used the term "teaching homosexuality in the schools". I am not quite sure what you mean by this. Homosexuality is part of our society. I don't see how a responsible public education could not teach about a segment of our society.

The phrase, "teaching homosexuality" could mean "teaching kids how to be homosexual" or "telling kids they should be homosexual". I am not advocating this.

But I feel strongly about two things that are very important for a public education in a democracy.

1) A complete education will teach about all aspects of a society. Any student learns about history, and social studies and literature. Homosexuality is an important theme in each of these areas.

It is simply a bad education to avoid an important topic simply because it offends people. We teach about slavery and the trials of Native Americans and communism.

Public education simply can't affort to be blind to an important part of our society, especially when it is now an important public discourse.

2) Public education has a special responsibility to provide a safe place for all members of its community. If a student in school is harrassed or threatened, she will not learn.

This does not mean that a student should be protected from other ideas or beliefs. This is part of education.

It does mean that students are protected from institutional discrimination, or from personal harrassment.

----------
Baldimo (and Cj if you are still interested),

Do you have a policy for schools that would make you all feel more comfortable and meet these needs of a good education in a democracy?

I would like to here specifics, not generalized rants or attacks on other agendas.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:03 pm
Candidone,

You and I think very alike. (I was writing my last post while you posted).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:58 am
It's easily to see the irrational fear manifesting itself on the threads related to this subject. People usually don't like to admit to others anything about their fears, but only to their private therapist. It's not that easy to hide, however.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:20 pm
Baldimo wrote:

Exactly.

It's unfair that this particular lifestyle choice is given financial advantages over the rest of us. The forced tolerance that those who attempt to point out how disgusting or unusual this choice are laughed out of earshot by the brainwashed masses who then say that your comments are a sign of your own personal failings or stems from your sexuality.

Let's stop supporting those special rights for heterosexuals.

That IS what you're talking about... right?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:43 pm
theantibuddha wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Exactly.

It's unfair that this particular lifestyle choice is given financial advantages over the rest of us. The forced tolerance that those who attempt to point out how disgusting or unusual this choice are laughed out of earshot by the brainwashed masses who then say that your comments are a sign of your own personal failings or stems from your sexuality.

Let's stop supporting those special rights for heterosexuals.

That IS what you're talking about... right?
Wrong
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:57 pm
Hee hee nice one theantibuddha.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:19 pm
What special privilages do hetrosexuals receive that gays do not? Don't mention marriage because that is all you don't have. Name something else that gays don't receive.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:23 pm
Baldimo wrote:
What special privilages do hetrosexuals receive that gays do not? Don't mention marriage because that is all you don't have. Name something else that gays don't receive.

Well, I will mention marriage. With marriage comes the right to inherit, medical coverage based on a spouse's employer sponsored coverage, tax benefits, social security survivor's benefits, etc...

So to say, you don't have marriage and that's all you don't have, is to say, you don't have these 4 or 50 things, but that's all. How many do you need to show that one group has priveleges another does not.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:25 pm
Quote:

An unbelievable shortsighted response, to say the least.

Special heterosexual privilages: Full benefits, inheritance, acceptance, normalcy, divorce, adoption, domestic child abuse, and a nationwide recognition of all of the above.

To name a few.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:27 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:

An unbelievable shortsighted response, to say the least.

Special heterosexual privilages: Full benefits, inheritance, acceptance, normalcy, divorce, adoption, domestic child abuse, and a nationwide recognition of all of the above.

To name a few.

FreeDuck wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Well, I will mention marriage. With marriage comes the right to inherit, medical coverage based on a spouse's employer sponsored coverage, tax benefits, social security survivor's benefits, etc...

So to say, you don't have marriage and that's all you don't have, is to say, you don't have these 4 or 50 things, but that's all. How many do you need to show that one group has priveleges another does not.

To answer both of these. Single hetrosexuals don't have any of those "priviliges" either. If a gay man was to many a gay woman then that would remedy the situation now wouldn't it. Gays can still marry.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:29 pm
Um, "single" heterosexuals have the option to obtain these priviliges if they get married.

Like I said, unbelievably shortsighted.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:30 pm
And what if there was a law that said only gays could marry? Would you marry another man to get those 'priveleges'?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:33 pm
Does Baldimo not think that there are homosexuals out there who would marry a woman for the sole purpose of obtaining these priviliges, and that it would be a consensual agreement between the gay man and the gay/straight woman?
0 Replies