A2K and The Possible Blizzard of 2005

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:53 am
Ooops. Just heard Quincy Shore Drive closed.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:54 am
Oh. I said that. Sorry.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:54 am
Wow, I'm 10-15 minutes west of Boston. Not snowing here, and no loss of power. Got the Wu-Tang pumpin'.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:57 am
My car is buried up to the windows, four feet away, the grass is exposed. This is all due to the wind and snow, not plows.

Nothing like extreme weather.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:58 am
Still snowing, we have drifts up to around 5 feet in my back yard.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:03 am
You f'n retards made me get out of my bed to look out the window...THERE'S NO GRASS!!!

Wait. There's a window at the head of my bed.

Who's the retard now?

D'OH!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:04 am
dumbass

So, does everyone know that school has been canceled in Boston for both monday and tuesday!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:09 am
Joe Nation wrote:
What you do LittleK is go down to the hardware store (this is for the next time) and buy a roll of CAUTION tape, then at the sign of the first flake you tape off the sidewalk using the telephone poles, fence rails, bushs or whatever is handy. Make a nice neat box of it. Some yahoos may still walk through but most will cut around. Then you can shovel the still nice fluffy stuff and not have to chop ice for hours.

Joe(an old sawhorse stuck in the middle is a nice touch,)Nation

THAT is awsome!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:35 am
A smallish snow drift as of around 11 a.m.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgDzAmEVowSKeF18xdwlEp9vqT*jVkFJJuSM5BowdmWXbzqzHAQlv36hbwP0RvNe2!1FJGnzi0JVLhd6cB62t6veejo63kLtI!9x216!Uw0/snowstorm1.JPG

A bigger snow drift - underneath is a 1.5 foot wall and a second layer of garden - the fence is about five feet tall from actual ground level - there are ewes along the right side of the fence that are completely buried.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAfA2IV3gSKeF18xdwlEoiYyqK!pRSOOEpnmt*iTzBCsG6sc*W8mumEp1wRz5AgYtbhXLaBb2pLEaDBcDydziqFZq7lJVEFTdXQvhMBtN4/snowstorm2.JPG

Snowscape detail

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAfA2MVGQWKeF18xdwlEgDSzVqF51glgMgX2IpEWhW*ujiPBRA5kmJbWE9px!TOxTZtvsIYYRCxtHiib21egNcM5ELqOur6cCMPDN7giLc/snowstorm3.JPG
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:36 am
And one little doggie who isn't sure it's worth it.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQAAAKQWY16KeF18xdwlElHGoYMdFJhsF2z45IPgjB5E9dljxA9MzV8faO1wulP5u8UNzD*BuyS7ogUqyI0*BVgJ0PCyhuZFPQ!2oUKbHXs9fiRgaOfZpw/snowstorm4boo.JPG
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:37 am
Haha! Nice picture!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:38 am
Which one - the doggie one?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:39 am
If I wasn't running out of batteries, there'd be a lot more!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:42 am
Oh, I didn't see the other ones. Yeah, I like the doggie one.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:42 am
After that photo, I shoveled a little path for her, with cul de sca (or as my mom called it, cul de pee).
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:44 am
That IS very, very clever, Joe.

This may be a bit premature considering the fact that you guys aren't going anywhere for the next few days but I read that your mayor there in Boston wants to eliminate the age-old custom of shoveling out a parking space and claiming it your own with a kitchen chair, sawhorse, whatever, to mark your spot. I'm from Chicago and that non-written law worked quite well. There would be a few fights, maybe one or two hardasses would get shot parking in someone elses' hardearned spot but for the most part, it was humane and just and everyone understood the rules.

So, how will you Bostonians cope with no longer being able to claim your parking space?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:52 am
I see no movement on the Mass. Pike which is no more'n 50 yards away from my front windows, beyond the street and the access ramp. Yeh, Mayor Menino has already announced that schools in Boston will be closed both Monday and Tuesday. He says that even if it stopped snowing right this minute, sidewalks and such couldn't be cleared in time to assure student safety. There have been several minor power outages locally, one in Framingham, west of the city.

Getting back to the birds, MsOlga, the reason it's important to feed the birds in the Winter is because many do perish in bad weather. They don't starve to death; they freeze to death because lack of sufficient nourishment interferes with their ability to maintain a metabolism that drives up their body temperature. (Whew! I got that mouthful out all right.) Anyway, they need the calories to keep from freezing to death.
0 Replies

JPB

eoe, there's a lot of discussion in Chicago about doing away with it here too. Mayor Richie is sitting on the fence at the moment. One idea is to allow it for a limited amount of time after each storm, say 2 or 3 days and then the city will drive around picking up whatever you've put out there as your space holder if you haven't brought it in.
0 Replies

littlek

Well, considering our public transport is good enough, I'd guess many will just leave their cars where they are. I think it's still ok to use the chair thing for the first 48 hours.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:55 am
Considering I work from home, I have no hope.

Although I have an appointment in NH tomorrow...AIN'T happening.

I don't have any exciting photos to share, however check out my website, my part-time job, ouchytheclown.com
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 05:21:54