rain melt snow.
melt!
melt!!
melt!!!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 01:31 pm
paulaj wrote:
I was a member of Cedardale for about 15 years, I live 5 minutes away, best club around. I stopped going when I bought my 2nd house (no time) You must know my x-mother in law, she is a tennis player over there. She has been a member since they opened, she lived in Groveland on salem st.for years, the house is on the National Register, clay tennis court, very friendly, her name is Gail. Perhaps you know some of her children, 3 boy's 2 girls, nice family. Do you know who I'm talking about? I wonder if we have met.

I've been a member of Cedardale since the early 90's. I usually only show up on weekends in the afternoon, so if your friend is around during those times I'm sure I've seen her even thought I don't think I know any Gail's with 5 kids. I've seen a couple generations of kids grow up at that club; the Slatterys, Roses, Spraklins, Zuenas, etc. I also know a friendly old guy named Eddie J., and his daughter Sue J., any relation?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 01:44 pm
No relation to Eddie.

No snow, just rain.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 01:52 pm
WE got a ton of snow, which I wasn't expecting at all. Then blazing sun came out for a bit and melted a lot of it. Then more. Weird.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 03:19 pm
oooh

so snow for Mudsock too?

It snowed until about noon today. Bright and sunny now. We're expecting another band to come through.

Hooray! The dogs totally love this big fluffy snow.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 04:26 pm
According to the local meteorologists, the area I live in should be in the middle of a blizzard right now.
It rained today, and we just had a hint of a snowy dusting. I was looking forward to the snow, now I'm disappointed.
I'm moving to Canada.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:12 pm
Probably snowED in Mudsock, but after a few snow sun melt snow sun melt sequences, there's not much left.

Was wonderful swirling blizzardy conditions for a while there tho.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:15 pm
We had lightning with our storm. It's not often you see lightning with snow. Well, it was sort of snowy rain.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:16 pm
We had a sunshower-equivalent -- sun out, but snowing -- and I was trying to figure out what that would be called. Sunflurries? (It was really SNOWING though at the time.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:17 pm
mmmm, I'd seen that before, though not often.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:28 pm
Sun and snow? The devil was raping an angel and his claws ripped open the feather bed.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:37 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Sun and snow? The devil was raping an angel and his claws ripped open the feather bed.

I'd love to see the graphic representation of this on the weather round-up tonite!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:50 pm
Mr. Stillwater--

This is why God didn't give Australia snow.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 08:00 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:

I'd love to see the graphic representation of this on the weather round-up tonite!

"The Nightmare" 1781 by Fuseli. It is a fantasy of rape, representing oppresively the terror of a young girl.
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/f/fussli/fuseli_nightmare.jpg

A2K has interesting weather.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:34 pm
It is finally snowing in my area and it looks lovely.

The snow is wet and heavy, and is sticking to the power lines, thats not good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:58 pm
no wind?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 11:17 pm
None, it's a quiet snow fall.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 11:27 pm
It was windy in NYC today, was wondering if that was going to head up here to meet the snow storm. We have a light dusting here at the moment.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 11:33 pm
The wind just started to pick up a little. I can here it intermittently whurling, I love that sound......... ~whooosh~. There's a tree across the street thats at least 5 stories high, it has a huge canopy in the summer, right now it has snow on every branch and it looks picture perfect.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 12:48:32