A2K and The Possible Blizzard of 2005

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:59 am
I drive and I have to park out on the street. I live in Boston. I am 100 percent in agreement with Menino in ending this stupid practice of "reserving" a space just because you shoveled it out. (Might be the only thing on which I agree with our Mayor.) The curbside is "public." I shoveled it so that I could drive away. Once I have driven away, that space belongs to whoever occupies it next. I think it is incredibly selfish to think you own a piece of public property just because you were forced to do some work to get at your wheels.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 12:01 pm
Well, being able to claim a spot for a few days is better than not at all.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 12:02 pm
At least it lets you get over your sore muscles before you have to shovel out a new one.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 12:05 pm
I've never been in that situation.

But WTF? How long does it take to shovel enough snow to get your f'n car out, 5 minutes?

People are retards. I'd take that chair and throw it off a window.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 12:06 pm
There's something very civilized about the whole thing, to me. Even moreso because it isn't law but an understanding between citizens. And the cornucopia of household furnishings were charming and amusing.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 12:12 pm
But c'mon. Shoveling out your car doesn't entitle you to keeping your space. Like there's a real difference when you do it in the snow or nice weather.

I do realize if you leave, your shot of getting another parking space is small because nobody's going anywhere, however...people are retards.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 12:15 pm
You wouldn't want to try reserving a parking spot around here. The cops like to sit around and wait for people who try it. (It's rare enough that it's worth it for them) It results in a nice juicy ticket. Good fund-raiser for the city.

If one of the neighbours doesn't bash in your car windows first.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 12:16 pm
slappy, I think it's as much about getting your car back 'in' later as getting it out to begin with. Joe (not Nation) shovels his car out in the morning, pulls away from the curb and then 700 other people try to jump in so they don't have to shovel a spot for themselves. Joe comes home from work and there's no place to park unless he shovels himself out a new one. Joe just wants to go inside and have a beer and dinner but by the time he's found a place to park it's time to go to bed.

I'm in the burbs. Everyone shovels in the burbs. It seems that in the city people think their shovelling out a spot makes it theirs for the duration. I'm sure there's two sides to it. I'd probably vote for leaving the car at the curb and taking public trans if it's available.

edit: ok, never mind. you just said that...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:06 pm
There's definitely two sides to it, and I can see both sides.

However, I don't see someone shoveling OUT of a spot, because no parking spot in the city is going to be open long enough to get covered in snow.

On a side note, this snow stuff is seriously depressing me in one department. My poor motorcycle is freezing it's ass off in my garage, and being begged to be driving, preferablly with a petite woman showing her thongs off on the back.

I started 'er up yesterday, she was coughing a bit before coming back to life. Brought a tear to my eye.

Dammit.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:14 pm
Neat picture kicky. Quite a view ya got there. I've always lived in the country then the suburbs my entire life. I think city life would be so cool.

littlek...your dog is so cute. I took ours for a walk a little while ago and she was ready to come back in after about five minutes...lol. She looked so cute in her sweater and boots.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:15 pm
Slappy - You should have opened the garage door!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:22 pm
Littlek, you're a quick one!!

As usual, however, you're correct.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:29 pm
get signed up for scrabble?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:41 pm
what picture? where? i don't see nutin. i signed up for scrabble yesterday, but someboddy challenged me and i got skeared and i runofft.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:45 pm
littlek wrote:
get signed up for scrabble?

Well I tried, and for some reason it won't connect.

Falcons/Eagles game on in 15 min...I'll try once again and after that I'm off like a retard to the ice cream truck.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:22 pm
LittleK, those are yews beyond the fence, not ewes, I hope....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:30 pm
you're right, of course. I always do that!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:31 pm
and i was lookin' for sheep for Boots to deal with
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:33 pm
hehehehe.....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:35 pm
Hey everyone! littlek just kicked the living crap outta me with words like adz and other subterfuge on the scrabble forum. Anybody wanna join? It's a blast.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 07:33:42