A2K and The Possible Blizzard of 2005

littlek

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:45 pm
Meery - it's not all that cold, just under freezing, no? What do I know, I only go outside to shovel more.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:54 pm
I tried shoveling, but I almost got sick. This really blows. I'm just staying in tonight. Gonna try to finish shovelling later.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:57 pm
It's pretty nice out here, actually. It's cold, but the streets and sidewalks are pretty clear. Glad I don't have to shovel. Hehe.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:01 pm
littlek wrote:
Kristie - 4 times for 12 inches? Why on earth did you do that?

First time, to rid the walkway of the 8 inches we got during the night.
Second time, to clear the 4 more inches we got during the day.
Third, to clear my driveway and sidewalk from when the snow plow came and threw, literally, 12 inches of snow back onto my newly shoveled walkways and into my driveway.
Fourth time, to clear the 5 inches the snow plow put in my driveway when it came by again, aparently with the blade lower to make sure they covered my driveway again.

**sigh**
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:01 pm
Aw, Slappy, if I hadn't spent 6 of the last 24 hours shoveling I'd offer to help.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:02 pm
Well living in the burbs with a driveway covered in feet of snow....I have to shovel.

For once, I wish some kids would come knocking on my door offering to shovel. I feel like an old person.

I should just make myself puke.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:05 pm
Well, I mde it back safely. And you were right, k. In the direct sunlight it felt positively balmy. I felt I was overdressed. But that's ok. So was everyone else I ran into. Fun walking in the middle of street as many sidewalks are still inadequately shoveled.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:05 pm
Kristie - next time wait until it's over, then start shoveling.

Slappy, puking won't help - can't you take a taxi to meet your date?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:06 pm
Hmmm, I guess I got the best of it, living in winter wonderland as a child and moving away as a teen. I only had to shovel snow a little bit once in a while as my dad did it - therefore I remember it as fun. There weren't city rules then about keeping sidewalks clear, or if there were, none of us on that street knew it.

I do remember that when my mother and I arrived in Chicago by train from New York, it was in the middle of a blizzard - the whole city was enveloped, embedded, in a white blanket, and it was very quiet.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:09 pm
littlek wrote:
Kristie - next time wait until it's over, then start shoveling.

Slappy, puking won't help - can't you take a taxi to meet your date?

Well, it stopped snowing for a bit and I had to leave, so I had to dig my car out. **sigh**

And if I had waited to shovel until after the plow had come....good god...there would have been at least 2 feet of snow to shovel at one time. And I am not up to 3 hours outside at one time shoveling. Rather break it up.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:12 pm
Littlek...nah, I just cancelled on her. I wasn't overly-excited about it anyway, just going to get a drink or something.

I thought puking would help, but I will bow to your wisdom.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:48 pm
drink some red bull
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:06 pm
Look for a deluge in the maternity ward at Beth Isreal come October.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 06:00 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Look for a deluge in the maternity ward at Beth Isreal come October.

I can just picture an older woman explaining that to her daughter-

"Your a blizzard baby! Your Dad and I weren't getting along very well, and then the snow HIT! I don't know what got into him, but I know what got into ME!"

Precious moment.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 07:51 pm
Here's a picture of my car, I didn't think to snap a picture until I was almost finished digging it out. There was so much snow on the hood, the front end of visibly very low.
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/9A/10/theravensrealm/27/1ec6.jpg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 07:51 pm
Ok, so that's a small picture...still figuring out the digitial camera thing.

This links the page with a blown up shot of it.
http://groups.msn.com/theravensrealm/membersphotos.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=7878

Look everyone! Snow!! Ever see that??

I officially hate everyone in warm climates.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:04 pm
Great pic, knucklez.

The detail work when you're getting close to the car is always the worst.http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAkA68V6hY4aJZYFppvVymrYuxWZ8EvrlYps9sg78eLSam5lDkFSUDeyrcHqToMuNrcWR3PfMW1cUEW9rVAm!h7BOUi5iEKPbG5MU3xlg4NxYdP4csTNw/DSCN0068.JPG
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:11 pm
where's the rest of the snow - how much did youguys get?

The deatail work is best done using a plastic shovel (scrrrraaatch).
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:13 pm
My roomate spent about 3 hours shoveling yesterday already, and I shovelled most of the snow around my car before taking a picture.

Few minutes after that picture I just got in, and backed it up.

You literally couldn't see a body panel on my car...and because I was dumb enough to park it right against the garage, the snow drift was huge on the front end.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:19 pm
That sounds more like it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 07:34:43