Iran's safe! Nothing to look at here.....

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:10 am
If anyone was worried about Iran, it's got to be as safe as anything....

How would that be?

Coz Dick Cheney has publicly said that in order to 'curb' Iran the USA will have to resort to.......

DIPLOMACY!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,989 • Replies: 50
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:13 am
Diplomacy!!! The very tool that liberals and their like have used to enslave the free world. Either the man is a closet liberal* or he's talking through his rectum.....

Hard choice that...

*Yeah, some-one who's role model is Heinrich Himmler.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:17 am
Whew! Can I go back to bed now?

(3 am and no idea why I couldn't sleep. Musta been this Iran thing.)
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:18 am
And if diplomacy* doesn't work, by gum....

Quote:
If Iran resists demands to rein in its nuclear program, Mr Cheney promised Washington would take the matter to the UN Security Council and seek international sanctions.

The UNITED NATIONS!!! SANCTIONS!!! I am suprised that the man did not disappear in a puff of green smoke or his colon loop up through his lungs to strangle him for using those very words.

*note: Diplomacy may vary from nation to nation. No liability can be inferred if your concept of 'dilpomacy', 'liberation' and 'freedom' does not conform to those of the Bush Regime TM (Incorp. in Texas).
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:24 am
At least he didn't say "sensitive."

He didn't, did he? I mean, that would just keep me up for days!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:24 am
squinney wrote:
Whew! Can I go back to bed now?
(3 am and no idea why I couldn't sleep. Musta been this Iran thing.)

NO!! Wake up your neighbours! Richard Cheney has spoken! Prepare ribs and corn-bread to placate the Gods and ensure your longevity in the Afterworld!!

Quote:
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are store
He hath loosed the fateful.....

Vintage?! It is a little dry around here...
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:00 am
Don't believe everything you read in the MSM :wink:
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:02 am
So, we won't be using diplomacy??? Shocked
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:19 am
Cheney neglected to complete his thought. After we go to the UN . We and our coalition, of one, attacks.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:23 am
Well, the Euros and the UN now know all about "diplomacy" and dealing with the mullahs, don't they?
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:16 pm
I dunno what "Intelligence" Cheney used to support his assertions.
(Gee, I sure hope it isn't any of that there "faulty intelligence"... )
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 11:46 pm
First this:

Iran Has Broken Western Alliance Against Its Nuclear Activities: Analyst

Then, this:

Straw Snubs US Hawks on Iran

0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 05:46 pm
I have the risible vision of Condi Rice having to explain 'diplomacy' to the President.....

'So the Diplomacy warhead fits on a conventional weapon? How many terrahrists will it kill?'

'No. First we open lines of communication'

"Oh yeah. They're like talking Eye-ranian on the phone and we wack 'em!!'

'NO! We discuss our mutual differences in a positive and trusting manner and resolve these problems by evaluating the issues they bring to the table and see how the stake-holders can find a solution is both fair and long term'.

'And then we wack 'em!?'

'And THEN we wack 'em'.

'Hell Condi. this diplomacy dog shure can hunt!'

'You did well Mr President, you can have a treat now'
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 06:23 pm
You're on a real role lately Still. Suggesting the man looks up to one of the worst fiend's in history is quite a tribute to the families of the victims. Boy, if them folks at Auschwitz could just hear your humorous words, I'm sure they think that's quite a hoot. Maybe you could work Zyklon B in to your next joke. That'll have em laughing in the isles. What are you thinking when you post such trash?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 06:30 pm
There ain't no eyeranians in Auschwitz I know of. I think you are on the wrong thread, occam.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 06:41 pm
Wish I were Edgar, I'd apologize and be off... but I'm not.

Mr Stillwater wrote:
Diplomacy!!! The very tool that liberals and their like have used to enslave the free world. Either the man is a closet liberal* or he's talking through his rectum.....

Hard choice that...

*Yeah, some-one who's role model is Heinrich Himmler.

I'm sure you know more than you'd like about Heinrich Himmler.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:06 pm
Richard Cheney:

Quote:
He was re-elected five times and elected by his colleagues to serve as Chairman of the Republican Policy Committee from 1981 to 1987.

With him in this role, the GOP didn't do a goddamned thing to stop Ronald Reagan to travelling to West Germany..

Quote:
3/21/85
At his 29th press conference, President Reagan explains that he has no intention of visiting a concentration camp site during his upcoming visit to West Germany. To do so, he explains, would impose an unpleasant guilt trip on a nation where there are "very few alive that remember even the war, and certainly none of them who were adults and participating in any way."

4/18/85
While Michael Deaver is in West Germany searching for an "appropriate" concentration camp for the President to visit, President Reagan defends his visit to Bitburg by claiming the German soldiers "were victims, just as surely as the victims in the concentration camps."

4/29/85
President Reagan defends the Bitburg visit as "morally right," adding, "I know all the bad things that happened in that war. I was in uniform for four years myself." President Reagan spent his time during World War Two in Hollywood, making training films.

On the whole I don't see the much in the way of condemnation of the Nazis in American politics, in the case of the Bush Family - we see the opposite. May be a good topic for a thread.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:30 pm
Having trouble figuring out how to sort out the incoherent hatred, Still? You think the fact Cheney was Chairman of the Republican Policy Committee during an ill-advised trip by a now dead President from two decades ago is justification for your saying that his role model was arguably one of the worst fiends in the history of humankind? Shocked

I was shocked when I thought the idiotic statement was careless. Set your misguided hatred aside for a second and learn who Himmler was before you make an even bigger a$$ of yourself. Idea If you already know who Himmler was, it's too late. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:02 pm
I know who Heinrich Himmler WAS and why Ronald Reagan HAD to go and 'honor' the SS wardead is beyond me. Perhaps he thought no-one would notice. And in this whole Deck of Fools that the Republicans have had running them since the 1970's (same bunch of faces every time - most of the senior figures did time with either Reagan or Bush senior) didn't one of them think it was a tad tasteless?

Again for the record, the Bush family business was forged with the Nazis. Preston Bush (or is it Busch?) only stopped helping them out when the Congress passed a law to make people like him stop. Even then, the Bush family hung out with all sorts of unpleasant types with very dodgy pasts.
source
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:47 pm
Dude, there's no need to source irrelevant material. LOTS MORE than just Bush supported the NazisÂ… some even openly shared the anti-Semitic views. None of that excuses your idiotic suggestion that Dick Cheney idolizes the number two man in the most atrocious crime I know of. Where is your source for that?

Ps. Still; I generally think of you as a funny good spirited guy. Accept this: It's wiser to retract a stupid statement than to attempt to defend it. Especially something as indefensible as that. If you know who Himmler was, than you have to know how disrespectful your comparison is. Saddam and Kim Jong Il have both killed millions and some people think comparing them to Nazis is still a marginalization of that horror. Putting Dick Cheney in that group is simply idiotic. Now retract it or leave it alone... but don't go tracing down Henry Ford's views and other such irrelevant claptrap okay?

Ps. Most reports suggest Reagan made that visit because he was a dolt, not a Nazi. Your witch hunting is pretty silly too.
0 Replies