Do you flirt with people of the same sex?

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 05:39 am
Do you flirt with people the same sex?
Do you have a close group of friends that you know well and can act saucily around them and be flirty with the same gender?
Do you flirt with starngers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,083 • Replies: 33
No top replies

moxiac

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 05:41 am
nah nver... but i do tell a white lie sometimes when they are very important!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:50 am
Being married, I don't flirt with either sex; it would annoy me if my husband did. Even unmarried, I didn't flirt with women because I didn't want to have sex with them.

But.... I love talking "saucily" with other women! Seems women are a lot more willing to talk about sex than men, at least in my experience.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:17 pm
I seem to inadvertently flirt with just about everyone and everything. Luckily, the lad's the same way. In fact, he's said that if I ever notice him not flirting I should see if he's still breathing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:34 pm
Maybe we need a definition to define flirting.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:52 pm
Hey, littlek, how YOU doin'?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:56 pm
Heeeeyyyyy, lookin good sozobe!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:09 pm
sozobe, littlek--

Oh good. My sainted mother would churn in her urn if she knew I'd asked in advance who was invited. I couldn't do that. Now, seeing you two here, I'm sure of a wonderful evening!

Flirting with a sexual overtone, no.

Slathering sweet blandishments all around the room--sure.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:18 pm
I think I've only same-sex-flirted with sexual overtones once or three times. Once with one of a lesbian pair, but she started it. And the others with female friends who are also hetero in situations where the flirting had a point to it. Like someone was subtly trying to figure out if we two were lesbians or something.

So, Noddy, your second type of flirting - is it flirting?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:18 pm
Re: Do you flirt with people of the same sex?
material girl wrote:

Do you have a close group of friends that you know well and can act saucily around them and be flirty with the same gender?
?

I grab my buddies weiner sometimes, is that flirting? We aren't gay.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:32 pm
Sweet blandishments can be a way of announcing that you are in love with life and every single person in the room is a manifestation of Life At Its Most Glorious.

Sweet blandishments can also be insincere as all get out.

It depends not on how wide or how deep the flattery goes, but on who is spreading the treacle.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:39 pm
You see, I always associated flirting with sex, rather than love. So, I tended to reserve it for the few and far between with whom I'd be getting romantic. I have come to realize, two or three years ago, that I was doing it wrong. Flirting, that is.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:42 pm
Good way to flirt:

Quote:
Hey baby, ever got your ass licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:16 pm
littlek--

"I think you're a fantastic person" is a long way from "I want to go to bed with you".

Perhaps the confusion come from a Western notion that to praise is to annex? I see your good qualities, therefore I have earned a right to your good qualities?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:25 pm
True, but I don't consider the first quote a flirt unless it's got the whole second quote in with the package. The first quote with out intent of the second quote is flattery, praise, nice to say......
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:28 pm
Naaaa......not into flirting with women. And would rather them flirt in another direction than mine.

Flirting with men...ohhh yeah, what fun! Sexual overtones, yep, yep...lol Or should say, the ones that I know well enough to flirt with like that.

Husband......if he WAS a flirter, than I would careless about it. But since he's not a flirter...I'd take notice in an instant and wanna know what in the hell was wrong with him? Its not in his character to do so....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:31 pm
makemeshiver,can you pop one of your breasts out for me?

(Damn, I'm no good at this flirting stuff )
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:34 pm
Awww Shucks Gus....you just make me swoon with such talk as that!...you Big Daddy are my hero...lol
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:43 pm
mms--

You could always introduce Gus to your sister.

And spend eternity in hell.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:45 pm
This sounds intriguing. Tell me more.
0 Replies