Behavior towards my ex girlfriend who cheated and lied, did I act good?

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 08:41 am
So I'm 19 m and I was in a relationship with a cute girl, she's 17. After a month she dumps me over text. She was even planning for us to go to the gym together.

2 weeks later I found out out that she has cheated on me and got in a relationship with that guy (17).

I gave her a call so she would know that I know what she has done (in calm voice). Told her that she didn't have to lie and that we could just talk and it would be fine.

3 months later she is still in relationship with that guy.

I started working out in the gym on regular basis. She goes to the same gym. I know that, we were supposed to go there together. One day, while going to the changing rooms I notice her working out. She immediately notices me, looks at me 2-3 times and moves her look away. I did look at her too, but there was no communication.

A week later, after the lifting session, I'm going with my personal trainer to do some crunches and stretching. It's her, 5 m away (like 15 feet). I immediately striked a funny conversation with my trainer. Didn't give her even a look. Passed by her a few times, didn't even say hello to her. Feeling so proud of myself, not giving a **** about someone who betrayed my trust.

I didn't post sad or depressing stuff on instagram, just me being happy and enjoying life.

Did I act good? How should I behave further on?

Should I put some quote in my instagram story that would tingle her mind?

Also: I lost 8 Kg (17,6 pounds) since we broke up and I do look better. She must have noticed that (all my college colleagues noticed the positive change in my appearance though).

I was really good with her mom, and if I see her mom somewhere in the town, I guess I should be nice to her, and that I shouldn't mention my ex.

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 10:41 am
You lost weight - now it's time to lose her, for good.

Keep up the good work on yourself. Try not to revolve your activities around her or where she is or if she looks at you. Go to the gym at a different time.

All that distraction takes away from you spending some energy in finding another gal. Open your eyes! Most likely, someone is trying to get your attention.

Good luck.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 11:38 am
You did fine. But I agree with Punkey; you're spending a lot of time being concerned about this girl's reactions, etc. So yeah, go at different times. You don't have to actively try to avoid her, but she is a distraction to your true purpose in going to the gym (good for you, by the way! Smile) and you don't need that.

And yes, if you see her mom, you can be friendly although I would suggest waiting for her to approach you first. Her mother can't help it if her daughter's untrustworthy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 11:47 am
@DoodleBob,
Your ex is just that - your ex. She broke up with you, is in a new relationship. What she does is none of your business. What you do is of no interest to you.

Move on with your life. Don't do things to be in her face/get her attention - it's pathetic.

Find your own gym. Hang out with new people.

Move on.

If her mother says hello, say hello back and keep moving.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 11:48 am
@DoodleBob,
DoodleBob wrote:

Should I put some quote in my instagram story that would tingle her mind?

no

she has moved on

you NEED to move on
0 Replies