Your opinion

duce

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 03:06 pm
Re: Your opinion
material girl wrote:
,a great way of getting a fresh view on situations ]

I like the format "Quotes", " Email", "Moderation" Smile 's etc.
I now live in a small town in the south and need FRESH (Keyword) views sometmes. Keeps my wits about me.

Afterwards:

I'm with Wolf X-em. 12-Steppers Say "Take What you like and leave the rest". There are many a chat room if you dont like one, try another.
0 Replies

Krysia

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:26 pm
At 17/18, I really got into forums because I started to play Final fantasy games and wanted to chat with other people who were into the series. Although I don't play them much anymore, I still stayed part of one FF-forum. I also joined a random forum a few years ago. I became kinda stuck between them two. The FF forum is great, except for the fact that most of the members are between 13-17 years old, and a lot of the older members (older being over 20) left. The other forum has members that are around my age, with just about no under-18 members, but they get vicious because there are no rules. I was just banned from there for virtually no reason. A lot of the crap that went on there was just too much. It'd carry over to IMs and chats as well. It wasn't all bad, but that what was bad was enough to want to leave, but I never actually did, because I couldn't find a forum where members could have intelligent discussions, little flaming, where there were rules, and whose average age wasn't 10 years younger than I am. Wink While this place is much larger than what I'm used to, everything else seems to fit the bill.
0 Replies

wasveryhappytillthis

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 07:16 am
I started looking of forums ages ago just now and then, started with loquax - a competition one ... really good... but during uni i didn't have time ...and after moving in with my man we have had a few issues and this place has been brilliant! my feelings have changed about the issue i had and it has really helped me to see where i have been over the top in handling a problem and eventually has helped me come up with my own solution based on the views of others and blending them with my own and my mans... its great to hear a thought on a problem thats fresh ... often we are narrow in or own thoughts without even realising... just because our own lifes and backgrounds have helped form our opinions up till then. Thats why this is good to get a proper rounded view.
I don't come on here everyday but I its definately more frequent when something grabs my eye... and i sometimes come on here just to have a little read... i love all the sections..esp the humour!
0 Replies

Golden Bough

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 03:55 pm
I've been involved in forums of one kind or another for many years.

Sometimes I have had my feelings hurt, but never enough to make me stay away.

I'm retired now, and I am somewhat confined to home during the day. I don't know what I would do without the Internet to entertain me. However, I am rather shy, even on message boards, and just as in real life, I sometimes say stupid things that make others think I am strange.

I can't say that a forum has changed my life, unless you count Matchmaker.com, where my SO and I met back in 1998!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 05:16 pm
I've found this forum has helped me more than I'd imagined, even though I've only been on it for about a month. People have accepted me here without criticism, and have even laughed at some of my stupid jokes.

I find myself much more friendly in "real life" because of this, and have plans to meet other women locally through organizations & such.

I've always been very shy, and have found this sense of friendship has helped me be more brave.

For people like me, the internet (really, A2K) can be an important first step to becoming more social.
0 Replies