Help: Please Let Me Know How You Phrase Your Words.

iclearwater

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2017 09:58 pm
Actually you don't really know me.

You have a portrait of me, but that is not me. A map is not the territory. That's fine.

I aslo always want to honestly tell you, but somehow I didn't respond to, and it just logs and haunts on my midn. You told about me in previous thread that you are sure that I don't want to buy a book about hardwriting analysis.

Actually I told you in my heart, "No, I want to buy and read that", but I remind myself of sticking at my goal. Different knowledges are facinating, but I can't grasp them all, or I will lose them all. It has to be put on the back burner on my to-be-read-list.

The Struture of Magic (vol I & II) are very good books. Vol I illustrated many mind-reading cases of the clients in the book. After reading that, I try to avoid doing my mind-reading people without verification.

I hope there's no hard feelings about these posts of mine to you but just exchange our thoughts and understanding frankly.

vikorr

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2017 11:12 pm
@iclearwater,
Quote:
Actually you don't really know me.
I never claimed I did. I also stated in several different ways for you to make your own decisions about who you are.

Quote:
You have a portrait of me, but that is not me. A map is not the territory. That's fine.
No, I have bits and pieces that may, or may not be accurate.

Quote:
You told about me in previous thread that you are sure that I don't want to buy a book about hardwriting analysis.
This would be a misunderstanding on your part. You are welcome to buy whatever books you wish. I encourage people to read widely, observe, see patterns & consequences, and make up their own mind.

Quote:
I hope there's no hard feelings about these posts of mine to you but just exchange our thoughts and understanding frankly.
There's no hard feelings at all. I would have thought the exchange of 'thoughts and understanding' goes without saying. Perhaps there is a language barrier that is causing confusion, seeing as English is not your native language.

By the way, 'The Map is not the Territory' is a military phrase, but it has application to other areas of life too.
vikorr

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2017 11:36 pm
@vikorr,
I take that back:
Quote:

The phrase "a map is not the territory" is identified with the philosopher of science Alfred Korzybski and his 1931 lecture at an American Mathematical Society meeting.
0 Replies

iclearwater

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 12:14 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
I never claimed I did. I also stated in several different ways for you to make your own decisions about who you are.

You did never claim you did. However you said you are sure I dont' want to buy a book. You said I don't fully grasp the words about theories of sensory-based languages in the book of Bandler and Grinder. I thought your motive was kind, but I didn't feel comfortable when people asserted something about me without my verification, especially that was not accurate. I don't mean to blame on you, but just let you know my feeling. Smile

I welcome people ask me anything directly and I will honestly reply. If I wouldn't like to reply, and I will let you or anyone else know.

Quote:

The phrase "a map is not the territory" is identified with the philosopher of science Alfred Korzybski and his 1931 lecture at an American Mathematical Society meeting.

They mentioned the name with the quote in their book without trying to plagiarising. I don't remember full name of Korzybski, if it is not as simple as Smith, Peterson. I mostly just care about whether or not the content is helpful to me.

I appreciate your understanding. Let's turn a new leaf over this. Have a good day there.
vikorr

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 12:28 am
@iclearwater,
Quote:
However you said you are sure I dont' want to buy a book.
Out of curiosity, could you link, or quote where I said that ? I don't recall having written such, can't find having said that, and usually, I recommend people buy a book if they are interested.
iclearwater

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 01:34 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
I'm sure if you don't want to buy a book, there should be youtube videos etc on it.

Sorry, I didn't memorise your words correctly. You're sure there should be videos etc. on it, rather than you are sure I dont want to buy a book.
vikorr

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 05:49 am
@iclearwater,
Ah. Thank you for answering.
0 Replies

iclearwater

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 06:25 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
You aren't quite grasping the full meaning of what they were saying...yes, that's said tongue in cheek. If you really want to see for yourself (yes that's tongue in cheek as well), start truly listening to the pattern of what people are saying.

I think all of a sudden I finally figure out why you said these above to me.

You didn't exactly understand my purpose for the questionaire.

Yes, I understood what Bandler and Grinder wrote in their books, as I showed you they illustrated how the therapist failed to catch people's predicates and failed to exactly identified the type of the client's. And there are several exercises the gurus illustrated how to identify the types.

First, I am not the type of person that always exactly follows a book to a dot. I want to try to my OWN way to find out whether or not there's a shortcut for me as a beginner to try the power of the types without effort by questionaire.

If a teacher teaches me 1+2 = 3, once I learn the formula, I want to try if 2+1 = 3 ?, or 2+2 = 3?

Second, because it will take some /a lot of time for me to go out and pick up some persons to chat and spot those key words which they use and identify what types they are RIGHT NOW. I don't have time or enough patience to do the exercises step by step right now. I know I will have to go back to it later and practise until I skillfully grasp without effort as my second nature. But I just cannot wait to see what my "birthday gift" is, and can't wait to know what they will teach me in this book and maybe other books.

The questionaire in the post 1 in this thread is the exercise the gurus designed to train how the readers to spot the words. I just tried to make it a shortcut and saw if they were workable. If they don't work, that's fine. If they work it would be great to me.

I saw how some hypnotists made use of the questionaire to testing the suggestibility of the subjects. I thought to myself why I didn't take a similar shot.
(I understand the questionaire of hypnotists' is old school, and modern hypnotic technics can instantly hypnotise the subjects within a few seconds without any suggestibility test.)

I think this is a crux between our communications previously, and I hope to explain this to you. Of course, it needs your verification if you would like to know.
0 Replies