Can Moderate Republicans Recover Their Party?

Ethel2

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:17 pm
I'd give em an F.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:22 pm
McGentrix wrote:
It's called a bell curve for a reason. However, when comments like:

dtom wrote:
we keep hearing about this from the right over the last ten years.

would you mind identifying some of these "radical democrats" for us?

are said, it makes me wonder if the left considers itself to be stainless. As though there are no radicals on its side...

we must have passed each other in the ether, mcg. i also made this comment in talking with baldi;

Baldimo wrote:

Baldimo wrote wrote:
Of course there is a radical right, there are radicals in every group.

hey baldi, how ya doin' ?

glad that you recognize that. not all conservatives do, as i said. those folks belong to a group that believe that their "side" is stainless. not a realistic ideal for any group to maintain, do you think ?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:27 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Lola wrote:
of course there are radicals on the Left....but they're not organized like the New Right is.....which is the subject of this thread........anyone notice we're not discussing the subject here? Let's see, how did this happen?

Hey!!!!!!! my "your posts" page is frozen in time.....anyone else having this problem?

You mean to tell me groups like International ANSWER, and the PUSH coalation are not organized? You are as blind as you claim everyone else to be.

yeah, they are organized. don't care for 'em much either.

but they are radical leftists, not radical democrats.

for my money, answer was among those who drained credibility from the anti-war movement.

i encountered a similar quandry during the vietnam conflict. while i was against the police action in vietnam, i was most certainly not one of the people that ran around with mao's book waving a vietcong flag.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:34 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Lola wrote:
of course there are radicals on the Left....but they're not organized like the New Right is.....which is the subject of this thread........anyone notice we're not discussing the subject here? Let's see, how did this happen?

Hey!!!!!!! my "your posts" page is frozen in time.....anyone else having this problem?

You mean to tell me groups like International ANSWER, and the PUSH coalation are not organized? You are as blind as you claim everyone else to be.

Check out your living room, Baldy.......oh, but maybe you're one of those building the church. We're still not on the subject are we?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:53 pm
Lola wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Lola wrote:

Check out your living room, Baldy.......oh, but maybe you're one of those building the church. We're still not on the subject are we?

this what i'm talking about !

a comment answered by, well what about (fill in a name here ) ????" is not answer. it's an avoidance by redirecting to a different topic.

so after a few rounds of playing this game, the original discussion or question is left shivering in a ditch, bleeding, with it's clothes ripped off.

ain't analogies funnnnn ??? :wink:
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:01 pm
very.......poor, dear original discussion........call the ambulance.......this discussion is near death...
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:08 pm
Lola wrote:
very.......poor, dear original discussion........call the ambulance.......this discussion is near death...

i know so many moderate republicans. they have much to say on this topic. strange that none on a2k seem to be kicking into this thread.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:17 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
i know so many moderate republicans. they have much to say on this topic. strange that none on a2k seem to be kicking into this thread.

Rolling Eyes

Not so strange - moderates of any stripe discuss, radicals of any stripe rant. Don't see much discussion goin' on here.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:19 pm
I'm a moderate Republican. I believe we are already in control of the party. Tax reform; Social Security reform; mild restraints on spending; measured investments in expanded social services for Medicare recipients; and initiatives to add accountability and parental choice to public education --- all these are an excellent moderate Republican agenda.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:20 pm
I'm with ya on that, George, and so were 53% of The Electorate.

The Republican Party ain't the party that needs to get itself into recovery.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:33 pm
timberlandko wrote:

That seems fairly obvious, but you couldn't tell that to democrats. They say those whom the gods would destroy they first make mad and I'm HOPING that's what's going on with the democrat party. It sure as hell looks that way...
0 Replies

hyper426

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:56 am
Lola wrote:

SORRRRRRYYYYYY, my fault Embarrassed

ok...ummm....moderate republicans......let's see, i am not well versed in this, so i will ask some questions to do with this topic, how's that lola?

examples of moderate republicans?

do the moderates or radicals control the republican party?

If the radicals conservatives, do they boot of the moderates before they have a chance?

more will come later
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:59 am
timberlandko wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Not so strange - moderates of any stripe discuss, radicals of any stripe rant. Don't see much discussion goin' on here.

mornin' timber. cold enough for ya over there ? :wink:

i respect your pov, so i went back through the thread, and i don't see where there is ranting going on. what are you referring to ?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:05 pm
timberlandko wrote:

that was 51% of the electorate, timber. nice try though. :wink:

timberlandko wrote:

sure it does. the gop may have come out on top this time, but without the post 9/11 fear factor, i believe that the outcome would have been much different. before that event, bush's numbers were headed towards the floor.

surely you admit that there were a few "anybody but kerry" votes as well.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:06 pm
Those of you who long for the destruction of the democratic party are exprssing the longing for a one party system....which is the death of democracy...I'm certainly not surprised.....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:08 pm
I can assure most of you that I, as a moderate conservative, vote against democrats likely for far different reasons than you vote for them.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:10 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I can assure most of you that I, as a moderate conservative, vote against democrats likely for far different reasons than you vote for them.

care to list a few ? just for the heck of it, let's not include "terror", "iraq" or "family values".
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:44 pm
Why exclude anything?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 02:24 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Why exclude anything?

because those three are the ones that get tossed out on a nearly exclusive basis.

surely there is more to life in america than "terror", "iraq" and "family values" ?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 02:35 pm
Ok.

Welfare and wealth redistribution.
Gun control.
Unions over business.
The belief that government can take better care of me than I can of myself.
Nationalized health "care"
Superwealthy politicians claming to represent the downtrodden (Mass seems to produce a lot of these)
Putting criminals before victims
The belief that anyone who makes more than $30K/year is "wealthy"

I can go on.
0 Replies