Can Moderate Republicans Recover Their Party?

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 01:36 pm
hyper426 wrote:
radical democrats

we keep hearing about this from the right over the last ten years.

would you mind identifying some of these "radical democrats" for us?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 01:43 pm
Lola wrote:

Maybe we'll see the moderates in the Republican party join the moderates in the Democratic party.

this would be an excellent development lola.

another thing that i think would be an improvement, though the first couple of terms would be difficult, would be for the winning candidate to accept the opposing party's candidate as the vice president. kinda get both sides of the story.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 01:45 pm
Boy, Barbara Boxer just jumps right out as a radical democrat. Al Sharpton and that little troll guy too.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 01:59 pm
Hi there McG........can you tell us how Barbara Boxer and Al Sharpton can destroy democracy? I'm not understanding. But then after you've done that, maybe you could also try to address the subject of this thread with at least one small attempt at a discussion.

DTOM....it's true. The term "radical democrat" and the way it's brought up every time anyone wants to launch a rational discussion about the Radical New Right is a diversionary tactic intended to change the subject and redirect the focus. It's so transparent in it's regularity. You'd think those who employ it would be embarrassed by it obviousness and it's chronic repetition.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:01 pm
destroy democracy? No, just radical democrats.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:02 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Boy, Barbara Boxer just jumps right out as a radical democrat. Al Sharpton and that little troll guy too.

I'm not sure to whom you are referring, McG........it wouldn't be the Alfred E. Newman person occupying the Oval Office would it?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:04 pm
hyper426 wrote:
parallel question(in my mind)...

will radical democrats lead to the extinction of U.S. democracy? I mean, no democracy has every lasted much more than 200yrs., so America needs to, more than ever, be on the alert.

If you believe that the answer to my question is yes, how will this happen, and what will we become?

McG,

Here was the question.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:08 pm
Quote:
"Excessively patronizing postures are often an indicator of those whose self-images exceed their ability." -Georgeob1

Man if this isn't the big black pot pointing his finger away from himself........

george george george.......what are we going to do with you?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:30 pm
Lola wrote:
hyper426 wrote:
parallel question(in my mind)...

will radical democrats lead to the extinction of U.S. democracy? I mean, no democracy has every lasted much more than 200yrs., so America needs to, more than ever, be on the alert.

If you believe that the answer to my question is yes, how will this happen, and what will we become?

McG,

Here was the question.

DontTreadOnMe wrote:
hyper426 wrote:
radical democrats

This is the question I was answering.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:31 pm
Lola wrote:
Hi there McG........can you tell us how Barbara Boxer and Al Sharpton can destroy democracy?

mcg., what things, in particular, make boxer a radical dem ?

sharpton's not an elected official. how then could he destroy democracy without the support of the people ?

Lola wrote:
DTOM....it's true. The term "radical democrat" and the way it's brought up every time anyone wants to launch a rational discussion about the Radical New Right is a diversionary tactic intended to change the subject and redirect the focus. It's so transparent in it's regularity. You'd think those who employ it would be embarrassed by it obviousness and it's chronic repetition.

yep, lola that seems to be the case an awful lot of the time. this is evidenced by the very common reaction from his supporters to criticism of bush; "well, what about clinton ????"

uhh, yeah... what about him?

for a bunch of folks that "jus' hate trahl lawyurs", so many seem to be quite fond of the "redirect".

another thing i find interesting is while so much is said about a "radical left" by conservatives/republicans or whatever, so few of them are willing to recognize or admit that there is a "radical right".

go figure.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:34 pm
Lola wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I'm not sure to whom you are referring, McG........it wouldn't be the Alfred E. Newman person occupying the Oval Office would it?

Heh. Not that one. Kucinich is who I was referring to. I just couldn't think of his name at the time.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:37 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Lola wrote:
Hi there McG........can you tell us how Barbara Boxer and Al Sharpton can destroy democracy?

mcg., what things, in particular, make boxer a radical dem ?

sharpton's not an elected official. how then could he destroy democracy without the support of the people ?

Lola wrote:

yep, lola that seems to be the case an awful lot of the time. this is evidenced by the very common reaction from his supporters to criticism of bush; "well, what about clinton ????"

uhh, yeah... what about him?

for a bunch of folks that "jus' hate trahl lawyurs", so many seem to be quite fond of the "redirect".

another thing i find interesting is while so much is said about a "radical left" by conservatives/republicans or whatever, so few of them are willing to recognize or admit that there is a "radical right".

go figure.
Of course there is a radical right, there are radicals in every group.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:49 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Lola wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Heh. Not that one. Kucinich is who I was referring to. I just couldn't think of his name at the time.

kucinich is not a troll !!!

a dwarf perhaps, but not a troll... Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:52 pm
Baldimo wrote:
[/color]
Of course there is a radical right, there are radicals in every group.[/quote]

hey baldi, how ya doin' ?

glad that you recognize that. not all conservatives do, as i said. those folks belong to a group that believe that their "side" is stainless. not a realistic ideal for any group to maintain, do you think ?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 02:57 pm
Quote:

I know DTOM, even though the rad right has erected a huge church right in the Republican's own living room and services are conducted around the clock. La te da la te da
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:06 pm
It's called a bell curve for a reason. However, when comments like:

dtom wrote:

are said, it makes me wonder if the left considers itself to be stainless. As though there are no radicals on its side...
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:10 pm
of course there are radicals on the Left....but they're not organized like the New Right is.....which is the subject of this thread........anyone notice we're not discussing the subject here? Let's see, how did this happen?

Hey!!!!!!! my "your posts" page is frozen in time.....anyone else having this problem?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:12 pm
oh well, now it's recovered........a spontaneous remission, how rare.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:16 pm
Lola wrote:
Quote:

I know DTOM, even though the rad right has erected a huge church right in the Republican's own living room and services are conducted around the clock. La te da la te da

call me stupid (why not? my wife does that all the time! Laughing ), but i have to have faith that as most of the conservatives i know are of the non-rabid type, at some point they will act to put the gop back on track. have to say that the democratic party must also do something to rid themselves of the cartoon characters that lurk around their fringes.

at some point all americans will need to unite in an effore to demand that the legislative and executive branches stop screwing around with their political food fight and start getting some work done for the people.

with all that's going on, i'd have to grade the government a "D".
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:17 pm
Lola wrote:
of course there are radicals on the Left....but they're not organized like the New Right is.....which is the subject of this thread........anyone notice we're not discussing the subject here? Let's see, how did this happen?

Hey!!!!!!! my "your posts" page is frozen in time.....anyone else having this problem?

You mean to tell me groups like International ANSWER, and the PUSH coalation are not organized? You are as blind as you claim everyone else to be.
0 Replies