Did i do something wrong?

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:56 am
So me and my boyfriend went to see the christmas tree and his new college friend works in a booth near the tree. I really dont like this friend. So when my boyfriend went to say hi i said i didmt want to go so i didnt go and waited for him while he greeted his friend. Then my boyfriend got mad that i openly dislike his friend and that i didnt sau hi.

Backstory is that me and my bf are in a long distance relationship and we see each other on the weekends and he spends all week with that friend and im kind of jealous that i dont get as much attention, also he just really pisses me of, i dont really have a good reason but i just domt like the guy, neither does me and my bf friends. So i just didnt want to see him.

jespah

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2017 09:23 am
@Jusemusepuse,
A 3 second 'hi' would have gone a long way here.

Don't be petty about this. I can see your point about the long distance stuff, but that is a separate issue. And there's every possibility that his problem with this rather small incident is nothing but other things are really what are bothering him. But he's fixating on this instead of the real issues between the two of you.

Overall, long distance relationships stink even under the best of circumstances, even when the parties communicate well. You two aren't communicating your expectations well at all when it comes to in-person visits. You expect a lot more togetherness than your boyfriend does.

Time to have a conversation about that and not the greeting incident, which is just a smokescreen over what the real problems are.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2017 09:28 am
@Jusemusepuse,
Did you do something wrong? yeah.

You were petty and rude.

You could have taken a moment to say hi and gone on with things.

You and your boyfriend have to sort out whether you're both in a good place with a long distance relationship. Not every couple is.

If you can't get past being jealous of your boyfriend's local friends, you need to think about being in a different relationship.

The reality is we don't all like all of our partner's friends - and we still have to at least try to be minimally courteous.
centrox

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2017 10:04 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
If you can't get past being jealous of your boyfriend's local friends, you need to think about being in a different relationship.

Yes. This.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2017 11:37 am
Is he a bad influence on your BF?

If not, you should be grateful for his company and friendship that he offers to BF.
0 Replies

Jusemusepuse

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2017 07:37 am
@jespah,
Well the real problem is that he says he is always busy so he doesnt even call or skype with me while in a ldr. But he always has time to go out with that friend...
jespah

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2017 08:58 am
@Jusemusepuse,
Then you already know where you stand.
0 Replies