Why is my ex-trying to make me jeaous (help men)

sherry1

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 06:34 pm
I would like to know why my ex is trying to make me jealous. We are divorced and own businesses together and still work together. He is the type, as soon as he likes somebody he sleeps with them and goes full blast. He's gone through so many in the last two years (and prior to our divorce) I call them flavors of the week. I've met them some are really pretty some are not, some are younger, some are not. I don't care. I haven't forgotten the reasons why I wanted to divorce him and never will. If we are at a business function or business party (still function) and anybody gives me any kind of attention he gets mad and jealous. I have not dated anybody in the last two years, because I feel that my kids are not ready. When he dates people I don't say anything one way or the other, get involved etc. He is always trying to put them in my face and I don't care. I don't know why he does this or what he is trying to prove. Does anybody. He always liked the way I looked and still makes comments about how sexy I am although he is in a very serious relationship (or atleast very sexual relationship). I still don't care. How he feels about me does not effect the way about my self. I don't understand this behavior and I just wonder, how is he going to act when I do finally start dating?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,857 • Replies: 29
No top replies

panzade

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 06:44 pm
He might realize he made a mistake...or he's just being a dog...in any case, you need to get him straightened out by the time you start dating. If only for the kids sake
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 06:45 pm
Hey and welcome
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 03:47 am
Sh*gging everything in site is a guy thing, they do it to try to prove to themselves and others they are over a relationship.

He gets mad and jealous because he doesnt want anybody else to have you.
He obviously still cares about you.

You stick to your guns girl,you know why you divorced him.

I also reckon you should start dating, 2 years is a long time and its not fair that you miss out on adult companionship.Im sure your kids will adapt to it easily.
0 Replies

far

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 05:01 am
Sure, He would get so mad and jealous; you should be prepared from now.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 07:33 am
No doubt he still cares about you. I don't think I could bear to work with an ex-husband; you're a lot stronger than me.

When you start dating other men (which should be soon, in my opinion), I think he will throw a fit. I would guess he'd try to sabotage your relationship in any way he can.

Any chance of getting out of the business? I would have, long ago.

Best of luck and happiness and hugs to you.
0 Replies

shaddix

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 10:05 pm
it sounds like he has some developmental problems from when he was younger, maybe some trust issues with women(his mom?) bad role models, it could be a ton of things who knows, i hope things don't become stressful for you, take care
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 01:00 pm
Evidently a piece of paper labeled "Divorce" doesn't make Divorce real for your Ex.

I assume that you continue to work together for financial reasons. Is there any way you can use your value to the business to get him to back off from his unhealthy and unwarrented interest in your private life?

Right now you have most of the burdens of a marriage and none of the perks.

He will not change easily. You cannot make him change. You can change yourself and you can change the situation.

Good luck.
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 11:14 pm
Sometimes (rarely), guys turn into desperate emotional wrecks. It sounds like your ex has a serious issue with your divorce and I'm guessing it was against his will. In his fantasy world, he thinks that being with other women makes him more desirable to you, and the fact you havent dated leaves the door open to get back together (in his mind). I say to solve the problem, you have two choices:

1. Close the door.
2. Confront him and suggest therapy. Sometimes it takes another party to bring reality to the table.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 03:44 am
Are you willing to divulge to us why you divorced him?
0 Replies

sherry1

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 05:51 am
material girl wrote:
Are you willing to divulge to us why you divorced him?
Yes, I divorced him because he self centered, emotionally and verbally abusive. He apparently did not see me for the person that I was and thought I was a trophy to make him look good. He has that small man complex so if you don't agree with him about everything or question him he goes into a rage. He lied all the time. I'm have my own thoughts, etc. and this did not work well with him. I'm too good of a person for him (values) for him and we both know it.

I hope I did this right.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:23 am
Yuck,hate it when guys lie!!!!He sounds horrid.

Im wondering what made you marry him?
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:31 am
A lot of answers are going to be guesses since we know neither of you. Since you mentioned abusive mannerisms I would think this is only one more manifestation of trying to hurt you. This sounds as if it's aggressive and not a plea.

Welcome to a2k. There are some very helpful people here and vice versa. That's life. Hope you enjoy your stay.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:53 am
Ive been thinking and have come to the conclusion your ex hubby sounds like an absolute kn*b and his behaviour prooves it.Just laugh at him.

And GET YOURSELF A BOYFRIEND!!!
0 Replies

sherry1

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:20 pm
To material girl -

I was just stupid. He pretended to be a nice and caring guy and seemed to care about my happiness. He was a good con artist. After we married he showed his true colors.

I've been going to counseling all year so now when I see these "con artist - nice guys" or wolves dressed in sheeps clothing - I can spot them a mile away.
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:19 am
People who lie, are verbally abusive, and go into rages are a heavy psychic burden under any circumstances you have to deal with them. Being married to one was clearly intolerable. Now, I find myself wishing that you did not have to work with such a guy. Have you explored ALL possibilities for disengaging yourself from the ongoing business connection? Could your divorce lawyer--particularly, if he or she was involved in coming up with a settlement that left you in business partnership with your ex-husband--advise you?

Men with a personality that you describe in your ex-husband, do not typically have genuine love for women--they collect women, often those who are conspicuously attractive, to build their male egos. It's more like ownership than affection. My guess is that your ex-husband still feels that, to some degree, he owns you. As you have divorced him, a pulling away from the owner, he may be trying to punish you by showing you all the women he sleeps with. And, you being a normal person, are unimpressed and disgusted with his behavior.

When I was a teacher and female students would occasionally come by after class to ask advice from me, a guy, about their boyfriends (typically the boyfriends' demands!), I would listen very carefully, and then I'd tell them each just about the same thing: "Alas, it is almost impossible to overstate the simplicity and shallowness of a teenaged boy's agenda when it comes to women. If he really loves you, he will not be asking you to do anything you are even vaguely uncertain about, much less something you are concerned about enough to ask me. Ask him to look at the issue through your eyes. If he won't or can't, then, please, be careful." I mention this because your ex-husband reminds me of an unusually selfish teenager;and he has, apparently, never grown up.

It is very difficult for men who are immature, lying, abusive, and shallow to change. Witness the rewards (by your ex-husband's standards, anyway) for his present behavior: all these women who are willing to sleep with him. To me, he doesn't sound like a person who is likely willing to put a lot of effort into psychotherapy just so he can become a real and better person. He sounds to me like a guy who will eventually crash when women no longer find him attractive. I am really glad that you are getting counseling. Does your counselor have any thoughts about how to extricate yourself from your business tie to your ex?

Hang in there! Keep researching for angles. There may well be a better set-up.
0 Replies

sherry1

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 07:59 pm
Miklos7 - You are very insightful and intelligent. I think you hit it right on the mark. When he doesn't have a girl friend he is really miserable. I don't know if anything is wrong with me or not but I'm enjoying being single right now.

I am actively trying to sell 3 of the stores that we co-own. There is an interested party that came out of no-where that looks really promising. (I truly believe God is working with me on this). My ex will buy me out of the 4th store and then we will be done. I've already found an attorney to deal with him when it comes to my buy-out with him.

Not trying to sound overly proud but I'm told I'm very attractive and look much younger than my years. His new girl friend is very attractive, and its kind of funny because he's 5'7" and she's a head taller than him, great body and 11 years younger. He is not attractive anymore. He is short, bald and has a flatt butt (not that this is really important). She comes from an abusive background and I don't think she can see who he really is anymore than I could 12 years ago. I think, from what I've learned in my counseling, that they are in a co-dependent relationship. He comes on really strong and smooth. I can see through all of the bull **** now, but could not then (when I was just a couple of years younger than she is now) I'm not jealous of her, I fear for her and her children, because they have gotten very serious in a very short amount of time. She and her kids spend the night at this house often. I mean as soon as they started dating. I wish she was more protective of her children. He will beat them all down with his verbal and emtional abuse. We both office out of our homes, he cannot come into my home. I can go to his home whenever I need to, go through the backdoor, knock and go in. It doesn't matter if she is there or not. She has actually greated me at the door in the kitchen! This is good for me because of my time schedule, but if I were her I would not put up with my boyfriend's ex (business partner or not) coming into the house. She says nothing and says it doesn't bother her and it is fine. How could this be fine? I don't see that that he is showing respect for her. She does seem nice. She also might be impressed because he is financially well off, has lots of toys, etc. I didn't care how much money we had or how many toys we had, he made me miserable, because he has so much, yet is always unhappy, controlling, moody, etc. (we built out business together - we did not have much) I just hope that something happens so his false mask is removed if or before they decide to marry. Knowing what is going to happen to them makes me feel guilty. I have to leave it in the hands of God. Maybe he is her lesson to learn also. I don't know. Thanks for your input - it was really confirming of how I feel.
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 08:19 am
Sherry1, Just because you want to be single right now definitely doesn't indicate ANYTHING wrong with you. If I had been through what you have, I might enjoy being single for quite a while! You had a truly bad experience with marriage. Time to kick back for a while and be glad you're extricating yourself from what's left of the mess.

That your ex's new girlfriend is 11 years younger than him again suggests that he is probably a collector, rather than a real lover of women. Collectors typically decide on an age they like and a look they like; then, they keep marrying the same over and over.

Much as you, understandably, are concerned about your ex's companion, it would be very risky business for you to get involved in any way. Your ex is flaunting her at you--"This is MY new woman"--and, if you react, or try to mess this relationship up, he could be dangerously angry with you. No need AT ALL for you to feel guilty here. She is an adult; you can hope she'll come to her senses.

So glad there's a lawyer involved in the business transactions; your ex does not sound like the kind of personality you would want to negotiate with, especially considering your past personal relationship.

May life go well for you!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:34 pm
Had to chime in here sherry. You're a remarkable woman. Never sell yourself short.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:41 pm
My ex did this to me (rubbing other womwn in my face) when we split up and to this day, I can't understand why. My ex is an evil man, so figuring out why he does what he does is not on my agenda.

It must be very difficult to work with him. I couldn't imagine working with my ex.

Best wishes to you :-D
0 Replies