Apprentice 3 - Street Smarts vs. Book smarts

Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:27 am
Damn I missed it because of the President's press conference. Thought it would be pushed up an hour because of it. So I turn to the station and see Alex in the car acting like a cry baby. Luckily on I think it is CNBC it is on twice tonight - once at 8 and once at 11.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:53 pm
Linkat wrote:
I really dislike Craig now. I can't believe I even thought he was a good candidate at one point. "Excuse me little lady." Kendra, under the circumstances handled herself pretty well. I would have reach over and smacked the guy. Even if Kendra was completely in the wrong, there was no reason whatsoever to speak to a woman in that condensing tone and words. I would never speak to some one that reported to me in that tone and never use words like that. How would you ever develop respect for people who report to you, if you deal with them in such a way? Certainly not some one who is supposed to be a peer of yours. The only time I ever spoke to anyone like that was my 6 year old daughter. Certainly not an adult.

I cannot wait to see him fired! The nice thing is even though he was project manager he no longer gets the benefit of not being fired at this stage. Craig should be the next one to go - no doubt at all in my mind.

I wonder how he would have reacted if Kendra came back and called him - boy.

I completely agree with you. Kendra has been outstanding and is the one who should be hired. She has saved her team numerous times from going to the Board Room. The other egotistical loser, Craig, has done nothing but trash Kendra. All he does is call her a "child" I doubt if he knows the meaning of that word. If he put to use that big mouth of his into work ethics, then he might have some kind of potential in the real world.

By the way, who was fired last week?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 04:10 pm
Duke of Lancaster wrote:

Alex. He took it pretty well, actually.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:06 am
I forgot that the final 3 go for interviews. Wonder who will come across better in an interview? So even though Kendra may be better in the challenges she may not do as well in an interview - seeing she appears much younger than the other 2.

I did love how she managed to "shoot" down Craig in the reward. Must have felt really good.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 04:40 am
smog wrote:
Duke of Lancaster wrote:

Alex. He took it pretty well, actually.

Alex was a weird one.....he always defended Chris even though in one challenge, Chris was almost going to punch his face.
Alex could've gotten Chris fired long time away, but he always supported him.
Do you think maybe Alex is gay?? Confused
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 06:01 am
No, I think it was instinctual old boy networking. Alex looked the part, but that was about it.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 08:20 am
I think Tana is going to be the next Apprentice. She's smart, saavy, genuinely nice and easy on the eye. I think she's gonna kick the competition's butt the next couple of weeks.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 10:14 am
I would have said that before, too, but I am starting to agree with the others about Kendra. Tana did really well before, but I was bothered by the way she shirked her responsibilities because when she was exempt and then tried to hog the limelight. She might do well in the business world because she's sly, but I'm starting to favor Kendra.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 11:45 am
I agree with freeduck. I liked Tana before too. And also what was up with her obsession with the bedazzle? She really messed up on that project.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 08:30 pm
The interviews:

The interviewers basically liked all three candidates, but unanimously agreed that Craig lacked substance. He talks a good game, but when pressed for specifics and details, he comes up empty-handed.

(Similar to his accusation that Kendra had appalling time management skills. When pressed for specifics or details, he came up empty-handed.)

Final Two: Kendra vs. Tana (Booksmarts vs. Streetsmarts).

Neither Kendra nor Tana were impressed with the "employees" that they were assigned. I found it amusing that George told them that they were assigned these people to use or NOT use as they saw fit. LOL

Right now, it could go either way.

Kendra managed to SHINE again when she rescued the event sponsors from Danny's incompetent hands and gave them a whirlwind tour of the facility to give them a vision of how things will fall into place the next day. But . . . in the last scene, Kendra was faced with a crisis. A major event participant was going to pull out of the event because the space they were assigned was horrendous . . . what will Kendra do?

How is Tana doing in comparison?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 11:08 pm
Thinking Donald is SOL with this two ladies.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 11:26 pm
Don't blame that on Danny! Kendra set the time, Kendra set the plans, and Kendra knew what to discuss. Then she didn't show up on time. Danny did his best to cover when faced with very impatient executives.

Edit: That was in response to Debra. I had the previous page open for 20 or 30 minutes before responding.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 11:33 pm
I dunno Danny seemed to be having a hard time talking and making sentences - fact is we really don't know if it was edited a certain way - maybe they were early?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:09 am
I don't think they were early, since I remember people saying otherwise, but I honestly have never been a big fan of my memory. So yeah, who knows? Anyway, I still like Kendra more than Tana, since I could not stand having to attend any kind of business meetings with Tana. But Danny was the coolest guy to ever be on that show, so I need to back him up.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:06 am
I like where he told them about the team jingle...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:29 am
Ooh, I just groaned when he did that - it was so childish. The executive looked like they'd seen a space alien.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:43 am
Actually I don't think Kendra did set the time or Danny changed it or something. Because Kendra had said in one of the side bars that she was unaware that the execs were there at that time. Also, they always throw in some sort of traumatic event for each person in the final projects and then it typically works out or it was not as bad as the filming/editing may it out to be.

I think with Danny - she needs to give him a simple task with specific instructions. Even then he will probably not finish it and write a jingle instead.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:27 am
I haven't been keeping up with this set of contestants, but did catch it last night.

I felt so bad for Kendra when the Playstation Rep reacted as she did. The bad thing for Kendra was her reaction to that reaction. She should have spoken up, addressed the issues, and portrayed confidence to the Rep. that it would be remedied. Instead, she "shrunk," clasping her notebook, shoulders folding in, and looking down.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:58 am
Seemed to me that the Sony rep caught sight of the venue before the setup was complete (kiosks still pushed up a against the walls).

I just hope Kendra's planned for the power requirements....
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:14 pm
I think it's close, but in the end, Trump will confirm his consistently pronounced preferences for sheepskins over street smarts and Kendra will prevail. Specifically, Troy in Season 1 and the bridal planner who narrowly lost to Jenn in Season 2 for the finalist, were both booted, notwithstanding showing flashes of brilliance, because they lacked college degrees.

Regardless, I am rooting for Kendra over Tana, primarily because of her bagging it on the Pontiac brochure because she knew she was immune and then blatantly tried to hog the credit during the presentation. Tana might have a flair for promotion and marketing (at times, the last task with Alex one glaring exception), but she lacks sophistication and intellect to be a powerhouse for Trump.

On the other hand, Kendra's main weakness is her youth and inexperience. But I think she's head and shoulders above Tana and should be the next Apprentice (if she doesn't get totally undermined by Danny & Co.)
0 Replies