starts Jan 20th
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 10,808 • Replies: 150
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 03:07 pm
Not sure if I'm going to watch this one... it seems a little to Game Showish.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:35 am
okay y'all. don't forget to watch tonight. will be coming back from another town, so i think I may miss it and need an update. Smile
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:05 pm
Ok, so basically the books smarts got a not so good leader, a marketing guy that wears funny outfit and sang in front of Burger King to try to attract people to buy their new burger not realizing that he made himself look like a homeless person... That basically sums it up. I think that the girl who actually said something about Todd being responsible for the loss is smart.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 07:15 pm
Wink

I will have to catch a re-run. I was excited when I heard what the task was. Thanks for the update.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 01:04 am
I'm liking Street Smarts - but all have egos - unlimited
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:20 pm
Tell me about it. They're all compatible to Trump. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:04 pm
I cannot believe the book smarts, project manager did nothing when speaking with the two “marketing” people. If I were him, the minute the weird polyester goof hung up on me, I would have made a bee-line to where they were and set him straight. Right there in my opinion he showed lack of leadership.

Also, that one loud mouth on the street smarts, annoys the heck outta me.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 12:41 pm
I have zero suspense in the Book vs. Street competition. Trump has already shown his bias for education combined with some practical experience.
0 Replies

starsky79

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 05:31 pm
I'm really enjoying the new Apprentice...I like the way they have more normal looking people and their ages also range. It was funny to see college grads have to flip burgers. Yes, the street smarts have egos, but doesn't everybody who gets on that show have some sort of ego anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest

bill
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:05 pm
They all admire Trump to the point that it makes me barf.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:06 am
I don’t see it all that usual for college grads to flip burgers. Many college students have to work at these sorts of jobs to have pay for school. Other than the few very wealthy students, most have part-time jobs while attending school and even while in high school.

I would like for once to see one of them put Trump off his high horse. One thing they all seem to have in common is the ability to kiss Trump’s *ss.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:53 am
this ties in with the Imagination v. intelligence topic - lol
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:12 pm
IMO, there should be a bias with college-educated and not applying to be President for one of his companies. It would really be a needle out of a haystack to find a Bill Gates or Branson out of the group. Apparently, I may be the only one who likes and admires Trump on this thread. Wink

In all the past cases, I don't blame him picking the college-educated person over the one who isn't because so far ...to my belief... they have "coincidently" been the better choices. Not of course because of their degree but in general... so firing the opponent (or finding an obvious reason like so in a game where he says he likes many of the potential employees) with such a reason makes it easier to have a "reason" to let the "weaker" person go. Weaker in his mind, the person they're in the board room's mind, and the 2 folks that sit on each side of Trump.

Anyways, I hope it's true that DT is being replaced with Martha Stewart for the next season of the Apprentice. Just would be fun to watch and different!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:05 pm
I remember in the previews for this season ...last season, they said it was the best and smartest group yet. Hard to believe with a start like this and the previews for next week.

So many terrible people you can already pick out. not even terrible because they're a "Sammy" or just "different" ...but flat out terrible leaders. This is like a bad episode of American Idol auditions.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 12:07 am
what a waste tonight!!
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 12:21 am
Tonight's task was unrealistic. There wasn't enough time or money to do the job correctly. I'm glad that jerk Brian got fired. What an idiot telling Trump at the outset that he should be fired. Rolling Eyes

And that girl that quit then convienently came back after the task was completed is a waste. She's just plain lazy. Trump keeps churning out tasks and episodes like the one that aired tonight and his rating will plument.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:10 am
I wonder if Trump was trying to see how they could handle the pressure of an impossible situation. Considering one team had a rating of almost 4 on a scale of 1 – 5, it sounds like they really didn’t do too bad. And what does some one expect from a motel type place? Certainly not 5 star accommodations and service. I thought they did pretty well considering the circumstances. But I have to agree – ripping up entire toilets when you have only 48 hours to prepare seems a bit extreme to me too unless the toilet was basically unfunctioning.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:19 pm
Magna pretty clever. They made up for the inconvenience by providing an outdoor public community type event.

NetWorth is a mess. That person in the team is annoying.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 10:17 am
It was a PR win, a very important part of business and government, too, apparantly as the Bush Administration has just spent a record amount of money on PR. The loser made bad decisions under pressure - defintely not executive material. I find myself watching a bit more this time (last part of the series was lackluster and predictable) and I find both the contestants worshipping money even more than Donald. It's exposing the level of the lust for money and stature (power) that exists in our society and that isn't always a good thing. It's too often dollar-driven hedonism which is why the part worked in Magna's favor (they were smart enough to appeal to it).
0 Replies