msolga

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 05:06 am
So, dag, apart from the cup, the hoody & the toothbrush, life in your new home is OK? And how's your new job going?
(just saying g'day to you, actually. Very Happy)
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 05:28 am
@msolga,
Good, I guess. Work is good, especially people-wise. I'm befriending my colleagues, there is a French girl that I had dinner and drinks with, which is nice. Still quite lonely outside of work, but I'm a loner by nature, too.
Going to Brussels to the EU Commission for education, training, youth and culture. The commissioner is a Slovak, so I milked it. Also to a big conference in Slovakia. I love meetings and conferences, dunno why as most people hate them, but i do. So this aspect is great for me. Can't wait to be home for a week though. SOON.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 09:34 am
Toothbrush. Ai yi yi.

We have several from our dentist, still in their original packaging. I could ship 'em.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 09:41 am
@jespah,
He's a nice guy otherwise. Friendly. If anyone, it's me who's a bit stand-offish, but I do need quiet alone time at home. And he's fine with it, it seems. Good roommate, really, just unattached to material things.

I am reading ALL 110 pages of this thread... laughing, laughing, and laughing. For the first time ever I am able to see it from outside. Just got past the diggeridoo and unpacking episode, actually tearing up from laughing LOUD, luckily I'm home alone. Oh my bloody wow, there were some crazy situations in that household... makes me want to watch Office.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 11:34 am
@dagmaraka,
and Kris, where are you? Haven't seen you online for decades!
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 11:47 am
@dagmaraka,
Batshit, Dimwit, Lord Farquad, Shitontoast, Slime Douche... we wasted so much creativity on the Boypants from Hell.... good times, heh.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 01:44 pm
@dagmaraka,
Oh my dear Lord. Where is Heeven? She has some jewels of remarks in this thread. I hardly EVER laugh loud when reading, but her comments are gold, just gold.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 06:38 pm
@dagmaraka,
Sunday. I come home at 1:17 am from work (technically Monday already), exhausted, because I have been stressing and attempting to work on a book chapter all weekend. I still have some work and I have to get up early. Not happy.

My little annoying emo housemate is there in the living room with a bunch of equally drunk friends playing guitars, talking loudly.... "It's my birthday!" he exclaims. "I called you so that you can join us earlier..." I am caught off guard, I mumble that I have to get up in 5 or so hours and that I'm exhausted and I take off to my room. They're still downstairs, as loud as ever, even though they all slurred they will keep it quiet.

No effin ****. He did call. At 7pm - I have a missed call on my phone. hello? at 7pm you call me that you will have a party THAT night? In my house? On a Sunday?! Grrrrrrrrr. Am I too uptight or is that totally out of line?
patiodog

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 07:01 pm
@dagmaraka,
Depends on what sort of house it usually is, methinks. If it's generally the sort of place where parties and noise and chaos spontaneously happen (and always have), you're being too uptight (and are a bad match for the house). If it's the sort of place where these sorts of things are generally agreed upon beforehand and advance notice is given, he's out of line.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 07:06 pm
@patiodog,
we have not had any spontanneous parties before, no. this being a dutch house, the noise carries as if they were sitting right here in my bedroom. and the guy lives with two people who get up on monday to go to work.

i would have expected earlier notice and if i was given it, i would have told him i would by far prefer it not being on sunday, but friday or saturday...
Not to mention the kitchen is a pigsty, so my breakfast will be joyous.
anyway, no use talking to him now, they are all wasted. but will have to have a talk with him later.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 07:13 pm
@dagmaraka,
bring a big steek...
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 07:14 pm
@Rockhead,
no need. he's a little shrimp. i can take him down with my right arm tied behind.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 07:20 pm
@dagmaraka,
sorry, fergot to whom I was speaking to...

(don't muss his face... Embarrassed )
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:26 am
@Rockhead,
this morning i walk downstairs and there are three people asleep on the floor of my living room. i've never seen them before in my life. i did not sign up for this party and i am very happy to not be living in a dormitory. i object to having my house made into one, i am way too old. grrrrrrrrrrr.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 05:36 am
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:
...Am I too uptight or is that totally out of line?

No and yes. A little notice would be helpful, even in a lax household, as you need to be given the opportunity to bolt or bring something.
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:15 pm
@jespah,
I am not lax, alas. I know this, he knows this. I am a very private person and need that respected.

Wrote him a polite email (for now) saying that i hope he had a good time, however in the future i will need earlier notice (a missed call at 7pm on the same evening as the intended party does not count as a notice...or even as information for that matter).
dagmaraka

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 06:19 pm
@dagmaraka,
Not that anyone's reading anyway, heh, but i just have to report that i have to hand it to the emo boy that he is trying. he did talk to me after my email, rather maturely, for his age anyway. i am feeling benevolent.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 06:24 pm
@dagmaraka,
Good to read. I didn't work up something to say at your first postings, but saw it as natural conflict between different people, different needs.
dagmaraka

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:10 pm
@ossobuco,
Indeed very different, but good thing is that we are communicating and interested in getting along
sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:12 pm
@dagmaraka,
Communication good!