Big brother is taking away our rights to privacy - slowly

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:15 pm
...but surely. Everybody is presumed guilty until found to be innocent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/10/national/10cape.html?ex=1263099600&en=3b79d2dde4e83522&ei=5089&partner=rssyahoo
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 996 • Replies: 15
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:39 pm
If they asked me for DNA I would spit on the ground and say "there ya go". The real criminal would never give up his DNA thus making this whole thing worthless.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
Quote:
Christa Worthington, 46, who had lived in New York and Paris and London before retreating to the quiet sea-stung town, was found stabbed to death in her bungalow here on Jan. 6, 2002, her 2-year-old daughter, Ava, clinging to her body.

Semen was found on the body...

If it would help catch the sick freak who did that, I would gladly donate.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
Find your house, from space.

http://terraserver-usa.com/default.aspx
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:59 pm
In times past, babies had their footprints inked to their birth certificates. No one ever made a fuss about that.I see nothing wrong with taking DNA samples from newborns, and place them in a national database.

I would bet that there would be far less innocent people convicted if that information were available, and vice-versa.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:04 pm
Phoenix you are so right. Records of stuff has been kept for centuries. the problem is finding the information when you need it. Even a mainframe computer has problems with huge data.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:06 pm
Pretty neat, cjh, but it seems to have an uncontrollable roll/lock.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:14 pm
As long as it it voluntary, I really don't have problem with it. You can say no. You can be interviewed instead. Provide an account of where you were... Unless you were with the police commissioners wife.

Okay, now I'm seeing a problem with this.

BTW, how dumb was the guy that was guilty that gave DNA???
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:20 pm
Uncontrollable roll/lock? Huh?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:47 pm
Yeah, my way of saying it shutters like crazy, and can't change the position or anything else with it! The only way to correct it is to leave the site and click on your link again. Wink
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:56 pm
I'm all for catching the killer but what disturbs me is when they say "they will closely watch those who refuse." They're basically saying you're a suspect without any evidence or even probable cause and that's not a good thing folks.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:03 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Yeah, my way of saying it shutters like crazy, and can't change the position or anything else with it! The only way to correct it is to leave the site and click on your link again. Wink

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Click on the link, then type in your address and city/state, and it will display one or more viewing options. Click on the newest one you can find, and you'll see your house.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:19 am
Re: Big brother is taking away our rights to privacy - slowl
cicerone imposter wrote:
Re: Big brother is taking away our rights to privacy - slowl

Someone recently said, "You have no privacy. You haven't for years. Get over it."

I can't remember who said it, but it was a fairly prominent political figure I think.

Here's an example: http://www.adcritic.com/interactive/view.php?id=5927
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 05:18 pm
Big Brother ain't taking our rights, we're handing them over.
0 Replies

anarchy on bush

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 04:50 pm
big brother is nt taking our rights... we are givig our rights to him like candy. we need to stop it. did you know that the government can listen into our phone calls and our listen to our voicemail.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 05:01 pm
Did you know that they can reclassify firearms as assualt weapons and make you into an instant criminal?
0 Replies