Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:39 am
Shocked
Hey!
What happening with G-d?
Are The Holy Joes out to lunch?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 05:22 am
They are not, is this the right word?, brave enough to fire him.

It's just like at the office. You know the guy, he has his moments of brilliance and he's been with the firm a long, long time, but every once in awhile there's a major screw-up and nobody has to ask who might have been involved. Everyone knows, but they won't fire the guy. They give him another chance.

Or you know the woman who is married to the sweet guy drunk. You know the type, everybody loves him, children squeal with joy when he comes into the room, they all say to her how lucky she is, but she knows what he's like when he's had a few too many. The rages, the blind damage to property, the depression that follows, still she won't leave him because he has his moments.

I think we need someone steady in the job.

If he's going to be on our side, we need to know that he's going to be on our side.

Joe (Really cool sunsets, though) Nation
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 08:03 am
j.

Okay...I acknowledge it...

...you are a genius.

f.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 05:24 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
They are not, is this the right word?, brave enough to fire him.

It's just like at the office. You know the guy, he has his moments of brilliance and he's been with the firm a long, long time, but every once in awhile there's a major screw-up and nobody has to ask who might have been involved. Everyone knows, but they won't fire the guy. They give him another chance.

Or you know the woman who is married to the sweet guy drunk. You know the type, everybody loves him, children squeal with joy when he comes into the room, they all say to her how lucky she is, but she knows what he's like when he's had a few too many. The rages, the blind damage to property, the depression that follows, still she won't leave him because he has his moments.

I think we need someone steady in the job.

If he's going to be on our side, we need to know that he's going to be on our side.

Joe (Really cool sunsets, though) Nation

I can hardly wait to see who you'd choose as his replacement.

Any good resumes cross your desk yet?
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 06:54 pm
Hey Joe, I thought Nietzsche beat you to it?

Oh wait, I see he was an Independent Contractor when you fired him. Never mind.

Eva, I thought Joe said we were all going to be our own little gods from now on?

Personally I think I've done more for me than God ever did, but of course that's just my opinion. Oh, nobody's going to quote me that "Footprints In The Sand" thing now, are they?
0 Replies