Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:02 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
you guys have met girls who wouldn't give you any? Shocked

:wink: :wink:
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:03 am
snood wrote:
What's really obvious and sad is how much time and effort is put into the constant harang and ridicule of things having to do with God.

Like a buncha disgruntled adolescents, teasing the girl who wouldn't give 'em any.

This post has given me pause. Embarrassed

I don't believe anyone's belief system should be mocked in this forum. Would it be possible to move this entire thread to the Humor forum?

Idea
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:23 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Joe (Remember, now that He's gone, we have to take care of each other) Nation.

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather have God back. I've read today's newspapers and taken a good look around, and I'm not too impressed with anybody I see. And I'm DEFINITELY not placing much hope in us taking care of each other. Did you see how little the U.S. is sending to Indonesia?

(Love you too, Joe. Shall I begin praying to you now? As in, "Holy Joe, please help me get this car door unfrozen...")
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:26 pm
graffiti wrote:
snood wrote:
What's really obvious and sad is how much time and effort is put into the constant harang and ridicule of things having to do with God.

Like a buncha disgruntled adolescents, teasing the girl who wouldn't give 'em any.

This post has given me pause. Embarrassed

I don't believe anyone's belief system should be mocked in this forum. Would it be possible to move this entire thread to the Humor forum?

Idea

It's not really mocking, graffiti. There are some very serious questions being asked here, just in humorous ways. It's good to laugh at ourselves, you know.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:33 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
I love you, Eva, in the real Christian love kind of love. I only fired the great pompous overbearing bathrobe wearing mean-as-a-snake God, the one who kills children with earthquakes and then grins as the Hindu guru proclaims that those who died must have had some karma attached to them or the bishop who explained this morning on NPR that "all of us are tainted by sin and thus deserving of punishment." Even the eighteen month old on the cover of US News, I guess.

Ooooooh....THAT God. Okay then, go ahead and fire him.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:40 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
The God who is fired is the one who is supposed to be the resivoir of grace for all mankind, the Buddha, the most Holy Allah, the Lord of the Universe, Ganesh, the Christ, the one who by His very Being is supposed to lead all humanity to love and who hasn't even seemed to try lately.

Oh, that God. He's still out there trying, but we haven't been paying attention. Or doing our part. For instance, He's given us more than enough food to feed every person in the world, but some of us are hoarding more than our share. Not God's fault...ours.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:10 pm
Eva:
Quote:
It's not really mocking, graffiti. There are some very serious questions being asked here, just in humorous ways. It's good to laugh at ourselves, you know.

It's definitely important to be able to laugh at oneself.

All due respect, but I think that's not the aim of a lot of the musings here.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:15 pm
True. But I'm good at ignoring those. Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:22 pm
Ahhh, c'mon folks.

The god we're talking about here is a fictional god...something out of the comic pages.

How can you insult Dick Tracy or Dondi?

Loosen up a bit.

I think Joe did a bang up job with this thread...and I think many of the remarks made have been hilarious.

And for those who are superstitious...who think some god somewhere is going to take exception...

...lighten up.

Your god more than likely has a much better sense ofl humor than you.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:42 pm
To whom nothing is sacred, everything is fair game.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:47 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Ahhh, c'mon folks.

The god we're talking about here is a fictional god...something out of the comic pages.

How can you insult Dick Tracy or Dondi?

Loosen up a bit.

I think Joe did a bang up job with this thread...and I think many of the remarks made have been hilarious.

And for those who are superstitious...who think some god somewhere is going to take exception...

...lighten up.

Your god more than likely has a much better sense ofl humor than you.

Frankly, Frank, I don't give a Frank.
One thing I must agree with you. G-d has a sense of humor.... Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:24 pm
Quote:
I don't give a Frank.

Hee-hee. Good one.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:46 pm
damn snood did you just comment on my misanthropy on another thread?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:12 pm
I'm out the door to rehearsal...but then I'm meeting God for jager bombs and buffalo wings....we're going to talk about many things....and I'm telling him about that blowhard remark Snood....God and I both really like Frank....
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:32 pm
More than that - God even loves Frank - fancy that.

But you don't haveta go and tell on me, Bi-polar!! What a snitch!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 06:06 pm
Perhaps now we will get the chance to see if God can live on his Social Security. He's old enough to retire.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 06:09 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Perhaps now we will get the chance to see if God can live on his Social Security. He's old enough to retire.

back in the seventies God invested in some of my South American ventures and he is now quite comfortable.....
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 06:14 pm
snood wrote:
Eva:
Quote:

It's definitely important to be able to laugh at oneself.

All due respect, but I think that's not the aim of a lot of the musings here.

That is why I suggested this thread be moved to the Humor thread where laughing at oneself is the name of the game.

I agree with snood's comment, "that's not the aim of a lot of the musings here."

Just so you don't get the wrong idea: I am NOT a believer, however, I AM a believer in respecting other people's beliefs.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 06:19 pm
graffiti wrote:

Just so you don't get the wrong idea: I am NOT a believer, however, I AM a believer in respecting other people's beliefs.

Just so you don't get the wrong idea, Graffiti...I think all this talk about "respecting other people's beliefs" is very, very overdone.

Fact is, these beliefs are, for the most part, merely wild guesses about the unknown. And most are as little more than embellisments of the silly myths of ancient peoples.

What is to respect about guesses???

And once you are on the road to "respecting" other people's "beliefs"...you end up having to deal with the logical conclusion of such foolishness.

I don't want to respect, for instance, the "beliefs" of Osama Bin Laden. I would not have respected the "beliefs" of Adolph Hitler. Nor the "beliefs" of Stalin, Idi Amin, or a host of others.

The humor in this thread has not really been over the top.

I, for one, consider it appropriate...and would vote to leave this thread right here.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 06:29 pm
Frank you dribbling old geezer, your off subject again and getting serious about not being serious. Im gonna give you a MC Gentrix time-out , two more and you get snooded.
0 Replies