(peri)menopause

JPB

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:03 pm
Nope, I had my hormones checked when I first came off and I'm still 'active'.

I was always pretty successful with rythm too. I could feel myself ovulate so I would wait a few days until I was sure I had popped an egg and then wait a few more, just to be sure. I would use alternative bc during that time. Ovulation for me included a racing heart, shortness of breath and the NEED to lay down. An hour later I would be fine. I took me a long time to figure out what was sending me to bed every month, but I eventually tracked it to my cycle.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:10 pm
GW - That's interesting. The hot flashes seem to have abated, but my cycle is still screwy. I started taking flaxseed oil - maybe that helped? Also, I figure that being on the pill (if you haven't had kids) helps reduce chances of having ovarian and uterin cancers. So, why not go on them again..... ?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:12 pm
J_B - I don't get a racing heart rate! I do get other forms of ovulation-related pings and pangs. I maybe just go ahead and tie off the tubes soon. But, I want to allow my pre-40 year old self the option to bear kids if I change my mind.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:12 pm
If I can help with that, k, give me a call.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:15 pm
Hmmm.. I don't know about that rhythm stuff. There is evidence that a woman can "drop an egg" out of her cycle when she has an orgasm. My best friend in high school was from a Catholic family with five children. I once overheard her mother say to my mother "the last three are proof that the rhythm method does not work".
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:16 pm
Gus, help with what, exactly?

GW - I know it doesn't work. Maybe I'm sterile and all is for naught!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:17 pm
What the hell am I doing on this thread?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:19 pm
I don't know, Gusiepoo, maybe getting in touch wih your feminine side?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:19 pm
You have probably just been lucky Lk, most women are fertile.

Gus, don't you have any cows to milk?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:21 pm
I certainly would never recommend the rythm method to anyone.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:22 pm
I wondered about fertility too, Littlek. I became pregnant right away both times I tried, so I was just lucky too.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:22 pm
littlek, responding to Ratzenhofer wondering why he was on this thread, wrote:
I don't know, Gusiepoo, maybe getting in touch wih your feminine side?

<Gus adjusts bra strap while pondering littlek's theory>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:35 pm
Psst, you have a panty line to adjust too.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:47 pm
Last night I went to a lecture at the holistic medical center on pms, menopause, and natural/chiropractic remedies. It was fascinating. I need to pull my notes together to post specifics but the idea of a chiropractic intervention for pms and menopause was pretty cosmic. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 09:10 pm
<no>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 09:53 pm
Neither have I and I see a chiropractor. Well, actually, maybe I have. I have an aunt who is a chiropractor, but she's also into dietary practices and supplemental pills and such. She says her regimin can help with menopause and pms.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:03 pm
He combines diet, supplements, and regular chiropractic to make sure the adrenal glands are functioning properly to produce progesterone in the proper amounts. I'll try to get it together and post more tomorrow but it was pretty intriguing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:06 pm
check the ingredients, those pills will contain ground cow adrenal glands and perhaps ovaries too. blech.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:37 am
hmmm, I'll have to ask him. He's very anti-bovine so I'd be surprised but it's an interesting question. One of the things he talked about was making sure the nerves to the adrenal glands aren't compromised because the lower back is out of alignment. He also talked about low-dose, short-term DHEA supplements is some cases, but stressed that relaxation techniques and stress reduction are oftentimes all that are necessary to boost natural DHEA production.

I found this web-set on adrenal fatigue, it has some good info and links.

http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalfatigue/index.asp
0 Replies

twinapril

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 10:27 am
changes in menopause
Since I have been going through menopause my husband says I taste different when we have oral sex has anyone had that problem and is there a solution.
0 Replies