10
   

Are there still people who really believe that we have send men to the moon?

 
 
Hodgarrik
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 12:56 am
What I really don't understand is why you people need to be so nasty on a thread that really doesn't matter."

You mean well and thank you for that, but here I disagree.

The whole thing matters because people have been lied to all their lives, including this.
Now, when they read about this, they feel they have kind of defending it, because once they see it was one Big Lie, which it was, then the domino's start to fall. People start wondering that if they lied about this one, then how about this, and how about that? For lots of people too scary to even contemplate. I understand that. So they are not only defending this one Big Lie, but everything that is connected with this.
Hence I always write it is a process. People always forget that at first I also had trouble seeing this. I couldn't believe it. But I thought it wasn't fair to judge something I didn't know anything about.

Now, the last year more and more people are waking up to all of this.

And, people won't believe this here I think, but I feel for the people here that are still in the programming. I don't take the ridicule and insults personally, because it is the same everywhere. It depends on my mood wheter I like it or not, but I certainly don't take it personally, because , in actualitty, it is the program (software) speaking, not the person.
najmelliw
 
  3  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 05:54 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am talking about upper class, middle aged White people. They have their own mythology that is equally flawed. They hold conspiracy theories about GMOs, and rape statistics and indigenous cultures.

The hypocrisy of the politically correct White Middle class complaining about the conspiracy thinking of other people is frustrating.


You argue hard, but I see little self reflection. Do you have your own beliefs? Perhaps your ideas that 'upper class middle aged White people' having their own sets of ideas that you belief should be labelled as conspiracy theories, is in itself a conspiracy theory?

As for myself, I'll be honest. As a matter of fact, there is at least one conspiracy theory out there I tend to lean towards. What I don't do however, is argue and sneer at people who don't believe. Actually, I rarely talk about it: I am well aware that my opinion in this matter is neither mainstream nor popular. I'd rather read more about all the evidence in disfavor of the conspiracy theory in question to see if I can put it out of my mind, but so far, none of it has been adequate to completely disprove this particular conspiracy theory for me.
najmelliw
 
  2  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 05:59 am
@Hodgarrik,
Hodgarrik wrote:

What I really don't understand is why you people need to be so nasty on a thread that really doesn't matter."

You mean well and thank you for that, but here I disagree.

The whole thing matters because people have been lied to all their lives, including this.
Now, when they read about this, they feel they have kind of defending it, because once they see it was one Big Lie, which it was, then the domino's start to fall. People start wondering that if they lied about this one, then how about this, and how about that? For lots of people too scary to even contemplate. I understand that. So they are not only defending this one Big Lie, but everything that is connected with this.
Hence I always write it is a process. People always forget that at first I also had trouble seeing this. I couldn't believe it. But I thought it wasn't fair to judge something I didn't know anything about.

Now, the last year more and more people are waking up to all of this.

And, people won't believe this here I think, but I feel for the people here that are still in the programming. I don't take the ridicule and insults personally, because it is the same everywhere. It depends on my mood wheter I like it or not, but I certainly don't take it personally, because , in actualitty, it is the program (software) speaking, not the person.


This boils down to a more polite way of saying: 'This event X is a lie, and I know it's a lie, and thankfully, more and more people see now that I was right and also believe it's a lie, and I start this discussion in the hope that I can enlighten those poor sods that are still unable to undo their mind 'programming' in regards to these and other theories.'

You believe you are completely right, and everybody who disagrees, is wrong but is excused because they have as of yet been unable to free themselves of their programming. Or, in short: 'I'm right, because I'm better than you.'

It makes it sound like you are an even further evolved species: Homo Sapiens Sapiens Illuminati?

Hodgarrik
 
  -4  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 07:26 am
@najmelliw,
'I'm right, because I'm better than you.'

OMG, I am not better at all. And I maybe wrong, but so far I haven't seen that yet.

But that I give here another version of events and that makes me 'better' is so stupid it is unbelievable.

What I see you doing is defending your view at all costs.

Why not looking deeper into what I, and others, write before you put this hogwash on?


I am not better, or lesser, then anyone else, this because, at it's core, we are all ONE, so how can I be better or less then other people?

I am just 'me' and you are just 'you" both experiencing the world in different ways, so what?

I sincerely belief people are imprisoned by their belief systems put up there by education, what in reality is only indoctrination. I do hope they get out of it. It really will free them. Free their minds that is.


0 Replies
 
fresco
 
  3  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 07:51 am
@najmelliw,
You are on the right track. Conspiracy theorists can only operate on the basis that 'truth is negotiable' and to some extent that is valid especially in 'non-scientific' domains. However, irrespective of their folly of 'messing with science per se' it is not the facticity that actually matters but control of the negotiation, which is why they need to invent a mythical enemy whose 'control' they seek to undermine. It is a self assertion exercise for the disenfranchised. In short, the 'right vs wrong' dichotomy is merely a vehicle in that respect and not the destination.
It may be worth considering that the myth of 'controllers' is a concept not too removed far from that of 'a deity' or that of 'absolute truth'. I am suggesting that these psychological dispositions play a role in the conspiracy phenomenon.
Hodgarrik
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 07:58 am
@fresco,
boy o h boy have you ever reseached a 'conspiracy theory' and if so, which one??

But I don't hold my breath
0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:37 am
@fresco,
youve described this guy pretty well.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:43 am
@najmelliw,
najmelliw wrote:
Do you have your own beliefs? Perhaps your ideas that 'upper class middle aged White people' having their own sets of ideas that you belief should be labelled as conspiracy theories, is in itself a conspiracy theory?


I kind of love that


(I'm sure glad I'm not white or upper-class or middle-aged - keeps me out of that conspiracy theory Wink )
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:44 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:
I am suggesting that these psychological dispositions play a role in the conspiracy phenomenon.


have you been reading the recent research in this area? it's quite interesting
Hodgarrik
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 12:00 pm
@ehBeth,
funny thing is that they never do research into if the conspiracy is true or not.

Of course they don't dare too. They might have to change their minds. Wink
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 12:02 pm
@Hodgarrik,
Hodgarrik wrote:

funny thing is that they never do research into if the conspiracy is true or not.



there's plenty of research into various conspiracy theories

the research into the psychology of conspiracy theories is an entirely different matter

__

if science interests you, read the peer-reviewed literature
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 12:06 pm
@Hodgarrik,
Hodgarrik wrote:
Of course they don't dare too. They might have to change their minds.


that is precisely the difference between science and conspiracy theories


science is about gathering the information ( aka facts) and then coming to conclusions

conspiracy theories are not fact-based. they are conclusions prior to (or sometimes completely without) research.


__


read/listen to the scientists at the links I posted on previous pages if you're interested in the hows and whys of conspiracy theories

I'm interested in the science of conspiracy theory more than conspiracy theories.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  4  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 01:12 pm
@najmelliw,
I'd say Homo Spoutious Bollockus.
0 Replies
 
Hodgarrik
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 01:25 pm
It seems people haven't even a clue where the term and all that comes with it comes from.

I guess ignorance is bliss, eh?! These peopl;e here are played like a violin and they even can't see it!
0 Replies
 
Hodgarrik
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 01:26 pm
@ehBeth,
You have no clue where 'science' comes from. yet you seem to depend heavily on it.

Maybe because of your ahum education?
0 Replies
 
Hodgarrik
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 01:29 pm
But we digress.

How about the enormous lack of evidence that nasa has send men to the moon?


wasn't there a time that the videotapes were missing? Really?



0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 02:35 pm
In addition to what has already been mentioned here, the conspiracy theory promoters absolve themselves of any responsibility for their societies and governments by alleging conspiratorial cabals. Effectively, it's saying: "I don't like this, but what can I do? The evil powers behind the scenes are responsible."

I find this thread hilarious because Quahog/Hodge here hasn't yet completed that portion of this legend--who benefits from faking a moon landing?
Hodgarrik
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 03:15 pm
@Setanta,
strange posting again


and who benefots? errrr Nasa!!! They craped a lot of money, eh?!
fresco
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 03:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks for pointing me to the research. I'll take a look.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 05:17 pm
@Hodgarrik,
I don't know what you think "crape" means, but you are pathetically naïve about the American space program. The entire purpose of the program was to counter the Russian rocket program, which, with Sputnik, demonstrated that they had mastered the technology to build ICBMs (intercontinental ballistic missiles). Kennedy sold this brave new world program by promising to put a man on the moon by the end of the decade--which we did, despite loons who peddle witless conspiracy theories.

The space program gave us computers far in advance of that created to crunch the numbers for the Manhattan project. Pocket calculators were common by the end of the 1960s. The monitoring systems to track the vital signs of astronauts lead to medical monitoring systems in use all over the planet today. New materials science blossomed as space suits were designed and refined and rocket nosecones and insulating systems for capsules re-entering the atmosphere lead to civilian applications, too--non-stick frying pans and Corningware (TM). The space program was an enormous boon to the American economy, as well as the economies of our North American neighbors, and many nations in Europe.

But more than that, the millions of jobs created were either direct government jobs, or jobs on government contracts, which meant they complied with Federal EOE regulations (equal opportunity employment). That had a profound effect on the economic prospects of women and minorities. Conspiracy loons are pathetic precisely because their stories are born of ignorance, and display their shallow lack of understanding with every idiotic pronouncement they blurt out.

Your idiot claim here is definitely a minority opinion. You have provided zero evidence for your claim. No one is obliged to prove anything to you.
 

Related Topics

Evolution 101 - Discussion by gungasnake
Typing Equations on a PC - Discussion by Brandon9000
The Future of Artificial Intelligence - Discussion by Brandon9000
The well known Mind vs Brain. - Discussion by crayon851
Scientists Offer Proof of 'Dark Matter' - Discussion by oralloy
Blue Saturn - Discussion by oralloy
Bald Eagle-DDT Myth Still Flying High - Discussion by gungasnake
DDT: A Weapon of Mass Survival - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/27/2021 at 03:31:51