Are there still people who really believe that we have send men to the moon?

izzythepush

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 06:45 am
@jespah,
It gets worse.

Quote:
Eleven of the 1009 people surveyed thought Buzz Lightyear was the first person on the Moon.

The Toy Story film character was named alongside Louis Armstrong. Eight of those taking part thought the late jazz musician made the first moon walk.

Not quite three quarters correctly answered that Neil Armstrong took the first step onto the Moon.

Eleven per cent of people polled thought the Apollo programme was a recent as the 1980s, with just 68 per cent knowing that the first moon landing took place in 1969.

A total of 44 per cent considered the missions to be a waste of money.

The survey was conducted for E&T magazine, published by the Institution of Engineering and Technology.

Editor in chief Dickon Ross said: "The Apollo moon landing is mankind's most outstanding engineering event so it's deeply worrying that such a large number of people should think the first moon walk never happened and that the public's belief in the legitimacy of science and technology seems to be declining over time."

Conspiracy theorists have pointed to a number of flaws in the pictures and footage from the Apollo missions as proof that the moon landings were staged.

For instance, the US flag planted by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin was said to be waving in a breeze, which should not have been possible on the airless moon.

Nasa's response was that the flag waved a little when deployed due to residual momentum from contact with the astronauts, not because of windy weather.

Alleged light and shadow anomalies were the result of the highly reflective surface of the Moon and the wide-angle cameras used by the astronauts, said the space agency.

Another question mark over the lack of dust kicked up by the lunar module was explained by the fact that the craft's rocket exhaust fired out sideways rather than straight down.

Leading space scientist Professor John Zarnecki, from the Open University, said: "I think it would have been a far greater achievement to have mocked the whole thing up AND to have kept it quiet for four decades.

"If one in four Britons today don't believe the moon landings ever happened, then I'm afraid that says a lot about one in four Britons. And what it says isn't very complimentary."

He pointed out that moon rocks brought back to Earth by the Apollo astronauts were very similar to those returned by a series of unmanned Soviet probes.

Veteran astronomer Sir Patrick Moore said about those who believe the moon landings were a hoax: "If ignorance is bliss they must be very happy."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/5851435/Apollo-11-hoax-one-in-four-people-do-not-believe-in-moon-landing.html
Hodgarrik

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 06:56 am
@izzythepush,
i told you, and after that cherrypicking of course.

it is all so predictable.
izzythepush

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 07:05 am
@Hodgarrik,
You've not told us anything, other than the fact you believe a load odf delusional nonsense with no supporting evidence.

People who can't even construct basic sentences have no place calling other people stupid. And I don't believe for one second that English isn't your forst language.

You fit the conspiracy nutter profile to a T. Your English is execrable, you provide no evidence whatsoever and are very rude to those who don't share your delusions.

It doesn't matter whether or not it's moon landings, flat earth, 9/11 or vaccinations. They believe this crap because they like to think they're special, that they and a few others can see how everyone else has been duped.

The truth is, these people tend to be of low intelligence, and desperately trying to pretend they're not very sad inadequate attention seeking losers.

You're not gifted with insight, you're a gullible idiot.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 07:09 am
@Hodgarrik,
Hodgarrik wrote:

and I started with the fake moon rocks. telling eh?

Right on! So, why don't you go to the moon then? For starters, you'd be the first (wo)man on the moon(think of the fame!), and then, you can bring some new and 100% genuine moon rocks with you as proof. And if they are cheese, I call dibs!
0 Replies

fresco

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 07:21 am
@Hodgarrik,
Have you been playing this game on other forums ? Unfortunately, you clearly fall into that category of sad posters who crave contact and dangle facile 'controversial bait' because that's the only way they can think of to engage others.
rosborne979

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 07:21 am
@Hodgarrik,
Oh boy, a Moon Hoax Trolling thread! We haven’t seen one of these in a long time. Can I watch?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 07:23 am
I don't believe we have sent men to North America.
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 09:39 am
The moon landing so-called hoax pretty much kicked off the modern day conspiracy movement, so it's important from a social perspective. That movement has advanced now to the point that a fair amount of people think they are building railroad tunnels connecting all the Walmarts in the country to involuntarily transport Americans to FEMA camps.

ehBeth

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 11:31 am
@Hodgarrik,
Hodgarrik wrote:

I am good at throwing it too!

uhhhh

not so much eh

https://i.imgur.com/ia574zW.jpg
0 Replies

centrox

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 11:51 am
ehBeth, what is wrong with that guy's neck (the one with the bat)?
ehBeth

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 11:59 am
@centrox,
the lovely beard

in some Amish/Mennonite communities, the size/shape/location of the beard tells you the fellow's marital status
centrox

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 12:35 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
the lovely beard

Some younger Millennial guys, the nerdy type, have something called a "neckbeard". One dictionary says: "Neckbeard: a man who is socially inept and physically unappealing, especially one who has an obsessive interest in computing." I don't like them.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PDpp31ME_mQ/U8pGuPY4N3I/AAAAAAAAQ1I/5XQp0WfppzU/s1600/neckbeard-glasses.jpg

0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 01:37 pm
They weren't no moon landing, I know. I seen it, I seen it in a youtube video.

Suckers.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 02:07 pm
@Setanta,
Actually, some (mice? see >here<) must have been there!
And those "moon rocks" ... you get them:
https://i.imgur.com/7xCXhIQ.jpg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 02:15 pm
@Hodgarrik,
I can't believe anyone says or writes 'girly"...its a juvenile word, a juvenile expression and and you seem like a guy who likes to drink kool aid. Very few members have a fondness for that particular beverage.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 02:33 pm
I know men have been to the moon, because I am one of them. I was holding a camera, recording the others. When anybody wondered about my presence there, I mumbled incoherently and proceeded about my business. Nobody really doubted me. I brought home a moon crater, in my duffel bag. It's in my storage shed, out back.
0 Replies

Hodgarrik

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 02:49 pm
@fresco,
crave contact? Really? Nice on! You don't even have a clue!
0 Replies

Hodgarrik

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 02:51 pm
wow all that stupid replies trying to ridicule? Hmmmm

Must be something I wrote, eh?!

won't work people, only kidding yourselves.

Now, about that lack of evidence....
Setanta

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 03:07 pm
@Hodgarrik,
Yeah . . . that lack of evidence. When are you going to provide that new text analysis you were bleating about?
0 Replies

Adrian

Thu 23 Nov, 2017 03:42 pm
@Hodgarrik,
Hodgarrik,
Congratulations on having a sceptical and inquiring mind. It can be a great asset in life. The most convincing third party evidence, for me, are the LRRR's that were left behind. People from all over the world have been bouncing lasers off them for decades. You can do it yourself if you have access to the astronomy department of a decent college or university. I would provide a link but I have been away for awhile and I am still finding my feet. There are also many good quality photographs, taken by independent third parties, which show the objects left behind by the visiting astronauts. Again I would like to give you links but don't know how. When I work it out I may come back. Depending, of course, on whether you show an interest in learning something.