2 times i smoked marijuana i have freaked out whats wrong?

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 04:52 pm
i smoke marijuana occasonially an 2 times i have freaked out when i smoked it ..i saw everthing weird like everything would look normal and i would get calm again and then the next minute everything would look weird again and i couldnt talk right and my whole body felt werid like my head was feelin weird and it felt like there where nails in my throat are something it was scary...i don't know what it is im thinkin maybe the weed was too strong or maybe im allergic????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,772 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 04:58 pm
mmmgood3425- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

There are lots of possibilities. It might be very strong stuff. It also might contain some toxic element other than the pot. You might not be used to the feeling, when you smoke pot.

My advice to you is that if smoking the pot causes you such distress, why do it?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:00 pm
It's nothing, it's just reefer madness. You will get used to it. Enjoy the ride.
0 Replies

mmmgood3425

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:01 pm
yeah the first time it happen i quit for almost a year then i just started smokin again and then it happened again so im thinkin about quitin again cause i dont know what people think about me after it happens i was with a guy i liked the second time and ihe doesnt like me anymore cause he said i was acting weird i still need to talk to him about it cause i had a reason
0 Replies

mmmgood3425

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:02 pm
well i kinda want to quit but then i dont i just dont wnt to freak out like that again cause i like it when im just high
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:04 pm
dys- Someone that I know well :wink: had this experience. She was smoking a particularly strong version of the stuff, and was having a great time listening to the blood flow through her veins. She then went down to the basement of her house, which was cooler than the rest of the house. When the blast of cooler air hit her, all at once she was stone cold sober. She then walked back upstairs, and again, could listen to the blood flow through her veins.

She was having such a good time with the whole experience, that she walked up and down a number of times, until the stuff finally wore off! Laughing
0 Replies

mmmgood3425

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:07 pm
well i dunno i think its pretty cool when i feel it ...its just that i sit there the whole time worryin cause im with people so i cant enjoy it but if i was by myself it would be pretty fun ...i just dont like being around people like that
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:08 pm
I am all too oft times flippant. (personality disorder I guess)
0 Replies

mmmgood3425

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:13 pm
well if i was stoned like that at my house and i left my room i would sure as hell get caught i got caught the first time it happened i was at my house and it hadnt hit me yet so i was goin to my neighbors house to see if he could go pick up my friend and when i got there i stoped and i didnt know what the **** i was doing there so i started to walk back and the wind started blowin and i ted feelin really werid so i started to run back and i went sideways a little which leed me kinda in some woods so i made it back to my house then i saw the guy i had somked it with and i thought he wanted to hurt me so i ran in my house and ran to the back room and then he came in and said i have i knife im gonna kill you and started to pull something out of his poket so i ran and then i started to not be able to see anything like it was really werid i cant really explain it then i end up tellin my parents cause i was really scraed cause i broke a fone in hafe and started screamin and then they called the police on the guy and they sent an ambulance and then i went to the hostpital
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:15 pm
don't think I would smoke anymore.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:29 pm
I would be a little worried mmmgood.

It seems that psychosis (going mad) can be induced in some of us by marijuana.

There is ongoing debate about whether it CAUSES the psychosis, or triggers it only in susceptible people.

In my experience, for some the psychosis settles - for others it seems to be the start of an ongoing illness.

I do not want to scare you - and this is still a somewhat controversial area - but it is not, with your history - a risk I would be taking, if I were you.
0 Replies

mmmgood3425

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:31 pm
ongoing illness????what ????
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:40 pm
It means that you might continue to have bouts of psychosis - and need to be on medication to try to contol that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:41 pm
I man that some people are psychotic for a while and recover fully - some continue to be ill
0 Replies

mmmgood3425

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:42 pm
how do you know if you need medication?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:45 pm
Er - YOU don't.

That is a medical/psychiatric decision.

Hopefully there is no question of that now!

Have you settled from the last time you smoked? Got any weird symptoms? Not hearing voices, seeing stuff, feeling that odd things are happening?
0 Replies

mmmgood3425

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:48 pm
no i dont see stuff are hear things im fine i just have a temper problem but i been havin that all my life but it is gettin worse but im gettin older too and my mom is a cause of it she is so annoyin but that off subject but no i dont ever see things any more it just lasted that night then im fne the next day ...so should i be scared are am i fine?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:48 pm
Although I haven't smoked in many years I remember that I used to get rather paranoid when I was high. It became so unpleasant that I stopped.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:51 pm
mmmgood3425 wrote:
no i dont see stuff are hear things im fine i just have a temper problem but i been havin that all my life but it is gettin worse but im gettin older too and my mom is a cause of it she is so annoyin but that off subject but no i dont ever see things any more it just lasted that night then im fne the next day ...so should i be scared are am i fine?

Look - Pan is right about the paranoia.

I would think you are fine now - but why not see a trusted doctor, and discuss it?

Like I said - with such reactions as yours, I would not be smoking again. But it is up to you.

Can you get proper, objective drug info in the US of A??? If you can, I would have a look.

You guys appear to be very hysterical about drugs - here the drug folk give very objective info out.
0 Replies

mmmgood3425

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:53 pm
its been almost a year since the first time it happend and my parenst thought that was the first and last time i smoked so i dont want to tell them i want to go to the docter its kinda to late now unless i go and them not know about it
0 Replies