blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:58 pm
...and a lunatic magnet perhaps....
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 06:03 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
...and a lunatic magnet perhaps....

Well that narrows it down to just about everyone on this board. Its like driving by a carwreck, we all have to stop and comment.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:50 am
Quote:
How can it be that after this unimaginable tragedy and Osama's constant threats of another, we have gone over three years without a single terrorist attack on American soil?"

It's called patience.
Bush has made everyone feel warm and fuzzy over the fact that he personally, and his administration collevtively, have kept America safe, when in fact, it is highly possible al Qaeda was going to lie dormant for quite some time before issuing the sequel to 9/11.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:52 am
candidone1 wrote:
Quote:
How can it be that after this unimaginable tragedy and Osama's constant threats of another, we have gone over three years without a single terrorist attack on American soil?"

It's called patience.
Bush has made everyone feel warm and fuzzy over the fact that he personally, and his administration collevtively, have kept America safe, when in fact, it is highly possible al Qaeda was going to lie dormant for quite some time before issuing the sequel to 9/11.

Or, maybe the Martians that abducted all the al Qaeda operatives in the US aren't finished with the probes.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:56 am
i see that mcG and snake think alike.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 11:04 am
McGentrix wrote:

Or, maybe the Martians that abducted all the al Qaeda operatives in the US aren't finished with the probes.

I generally don't agree with what you post McG, but the intellectualism with which you normally reply is slowly deteriorating.
Can you provide a link regarding said aliens?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 11:22 am
the doctrine of mutual destruction seems to work well.

I am somewhat surprised GW has not publicly stated that tactic.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 11:46 am
candidone1 wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I generally don't agree with what you post McG, but the intellectualism with which you normally reply is slowly deteriorating.

As soon as you post a link regarding "al Qaeda was going to lie dormant for quite some time before issuing the sequel to 9/11."

My point is that your hypothesis has no more facts behind it than the supercilious suggestion I made. Yet you made your suggestion as though you were serious...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 11:54 am
woiyo wrote:
the doctrine of mutual destruction seems to work well.

I am somewhat surprised GW has not publicly stated that tactic.

Me too.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:54 pm
McGentrix wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

As soon as you post a link regarding "al Qaeda was going to lie dormant for quite some time before issuing the sequel to 9/11."

My point is that your hypothesis has no more facts behind it than the supercilious suggestion I made. Yet you made your suggestion as though you were serious...

I was serious, but I also qualified my opinion by saying that it was highly probable that bin Laden's thugs were going to lie dormant for a while...basing this on the past behaviors of the al Qaeda network and their history for not hitting the same target consecutively in a short time span.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:15 pm
Oh, I don't know. If you destroy the Vatican, does Catholicism cease to exist?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:55 pm
snood wrote:

http://www.jhw.co.uk/images/document_images/12/fingers-crossed.jpg
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:55 pm
snood wrote:

0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:56 pm
snood wrote:

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 05:00 pm
going for that trinity thing there candidone?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 05:58 pm
LOL

Very good, bear!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:07 am
candidone1 wrote:
snood wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I'll bet that would make you day CANDIDONE1.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:30 am
Big hollow-sounding "Duh"
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:00 pm
McG:
Quote:

AQ has a history of waiting several years between major attacks. Look at the 1st WTC, US Cole, 9/11, Madrid attacks. All spaced out. It's been three years since the last one, that's not outside the pre-existing timeline.

Also, let's think logically: attacks are meant to succeed. AQ is up against a giant opponent with tons of resources. They have to be careful. Better to take things slow than to rush and ruin plans.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 01:14 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McG:
Quote:

AQ has a history of waiting several years between major attacks. Look at the 1st WTC, US Cole, 9/11, Madrid attacks. All spaced out. It's been three years since the last one, that's not outside the pre-existing timeline.

Also, let's think logically: attacks are meant to succeed. AQ is up against a giant opponent with tons of resources. They have to be careful. Better to take things slow than to rush and ruin plans.

Cycloptichorn

McG doesn't want to think logically. S/he'd rather criticize those of us who have.
Al Qaeda's attack history speaks volumes of their patience, and their meticulous and sophisticated attack on the US speaks volumes of their patience.
It would have been more absurd to predict an attack on US soil immediately following the WTC attacks, a la Bush and friends.
0 Replies