You've read this before, but....

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:45 am
...some of these are funny enough to read again.

Reasons not to mess with a child

1. A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small. The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale. Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible. The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah". The teacher asked, " What if Jonah went to hell?" The little girl replied, "Then you ask him".

2. A Kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. What's this? The girl replied, "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like." Without hesitating, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

3. A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?" Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."

4.The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture. "Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor.' A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher, She's dead. "

5. A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to make the matter clearer, she said, "Now, class, if I stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it, and I would turn red in the face.." "Yes," the class said. "Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position the blood doesn't run into my feet?" A little fellow shouted, "Cause your feet ain't empty."

6. The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching." Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples.

For those of you interested in an email stripper:

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from http://www.printcharger.com/emailStripper.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 848 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:26 am
Nice collection - where did you get them from?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:28 am
emailed to me by a friend...who emails me so much of this shyt I don't read most of it.

But I did read this one...and I'm glad I did.

Some funny stuff.

I hope it is real...and not made up.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:32 am
Those are great.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:41 am
Zane wrote:
Those are great.

Welcome to A2K, Zane.

Hope all is well in Motor City.
0 Replies

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:41 am
Try this one, Frank:

A Sunday School Teacher reads the story of Adam and Eve, from the book of Genesis, and finishes the story at the part were God banishes the couple from the Garden of Eden.

She then asks the class to draw a picture of the story and then proceeds to walk around the class to ask each child about the details in their pictures.

She stops at one little boy's picture which shows an open-top sports car crashing through a set of gates at high speed. Behind the steering wheel is a white-haired, elderly man with a long flowing beard, and in the back seat is a man and woman!

The teacher asks the boy, "what is this? I don't remember a sports car or a white-haired man being mentioned in today's story!"

The boy replied, "sure you did! this is the part where God drives Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden!"

Kids - they always show up the absurdities of the English language.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:45 am
Ha, ha, ha.

I'll send that one back to my friend!
0 Replies

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:53 am
Here's another one that I put together back in my magazine editorial days:

Terri asked here Sunday School class to draw pictures of their favourite Bible stories. She was puzzled by Kyle's picture, which showed four people on an airplane, so she asked him which story it was meant to represent.

"The flight to Egypt," said Kyle. "I see...and that must be Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus," said Terri, "But who's the fourth person?"

Kyle paused then replied, "Oh, that's Pontius - the Pilot!"
0 Replies

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:56 am
After the Church service a little boy told the Pastor..."when I grow up, I'm going to give you some money." "Well, thank you," the Pastor replied, "but why?" "Because my daddy says you're the poorest preacher we've ever had!"

Kids tell it like it is.
0 Replies