Opening the door for child abuse- Gay Marriage

VooDoo

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 12:08 am
Taliesin181 wrote:
Anybody else notice that Mysticwarrior seems to have made the accusation and bolted?
Personally, I think that the whole "if gay people get married, then what's next: beastiality union?" is a crock. It's just a justification for the republican right to fall back on when their "God says it's bad" excuse falls short, as it should. There is a world of difference between two consenting adults and an adult and a child, and there's even more of a gap between that adult and an animal, and, unless I'm more out of touch than I thought, there's no sane judge who would allow the last two to happen.

People like Bill Pryor and Rick Santorum use it as a nice rhetorical trick by suggesting that legalising same sex marriages may be the slippery slope to legalising bigamy, polygamy, polyandry, incest (assumption that all are consensual). This kind of reductio ad absurdum can be applied to just about anything and seems to be very useful for politicians. But essentially, I agree, it's a crock.
0 Replies