Opening the door for child abuse- Gay Marriage

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:24 am
CoastalRat wrote:
au1929 wrote:
I would settle for after marriage no matter the age. But what does this old codger know.

I would join that bandwagon. Sure would seem to solve a lot of problems, but what do I know.

I'm 68. Nancy (19 years younger than I) and I have lived together for almost 25 years...in a dedicated, respectful, monogamous, strong-as-steel relationship. Neither of us feels our commitment need be ratified by any church or state...and no one in either of our families has ever voiced even the slightest of objections.

We kick it around an average of twice a week...not bad for a 68 year old after almost 25 years!!!

Are you two saying we ought not to be doing that for some reason?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:28 am
I always thought she wasnt married but someone told me the other day she was.Im sure somebody reading will know for sure.
Ive never heard them described as Mary and her fiance Joseph.

Either way I think its a bit naff forA) a 13 year old to get pregnant, and B)by someone she has never met!!
In that day and age if you can get married at 13 I doubt they had any laws/morals about having sex at 13.

I dont agree with dropping any age of sexual consent but it seems to be ok for God to impregnate a 13 year old!!!
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:29 am
Re: Opening the door for child abuse- Gay Marriage
MysticWarrior4Truth wrote:

Anyone with any kind of basic knowledge of the US system of law, understands that one law, will create 10 others and alter 20 existing laws...Gay marraige is simply a tool to take a section of populas, and use them in the manor democrats have used other minorities...I personally do not believe that being gay is a crime, bad, evil or in any way, makes a gay person less of a person...however, I do believe the gay populas is being led, by the motives of those who could care less about any benefits or their well being, or their equal standing in America...rather, they seek their own agendas of copying the faliures of European countries, whist in the name of 'freedom' and equality have a legal sex age of 11 years old...and as the gay marriage issue is set before the gay population as an injustice...already lawyers are waiting in the wings to challenge the legal sex age under the same guise....thus, it is for selfish reasons; that normally intelligent people are led by their emotions rather than by foresight...

Are you for homosexuality?
Are you for a legal sex age of 11?
Are you in agreement with peadophilia?

It's not clear from your initial post what you are emphasising.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:37 am
Frank

You have my blessing :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:39 am
au1929 wrote:
Frank

You have my blessing :wink:

Whew! I was really worried for a while. :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:41 am
Oh Frank, I certainly don't mean for you to stop. Go for it man!! My view is based on my religious belief that God intended sex to be between a man and wife. So please understand this is my opinion. That said, any relationship that has lasted 25 years is great and I congratulate you both. My point was simply that a lot of problems would be solved if people waited until marriage. And I will amend that to marriage or a dedicated, respectful, monogamous, strong as steel relationship.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:42 am
Hehe.

If cave people lived happily before marriage/religion was invented whats the problem with not being married now?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:44 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Oh Frank, I certainly don't mean for you to stop. Go for it man!! My view is based on my religious belief that God intended sex to be between a man and wife. So please understand this is my opinion. That said, any relationship that has lasted 25 years is great and I congratulate you both. My point was simply that a lot of problems would be solved if people waited until marriage. And I will amend that to marriage or a dedicated, respectful, monogamous, strong as steel relationship.

Good recovery! :wink:

Yeah...I think setting the age for marriage at 25 or so would be a great idea too.

But I don't think we are ever going to see that.

Entering into a sexual relationship at too young an age is a recipe for disaster...but that, unfortunately, is a lesson each of us must learn for ourselves. It simply is not one that can easily be transmitted.

Never has been!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:45 am
Coastalrat,what do you mean alot of problems would be solved if people waited until they got married?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:46 am
I meant the legal age to have sex should be 25, not marriage.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:46 am
material girl
In those days the man always carried a club--- or two Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:48 am
I thought they were to kill food.

What do you mean?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:50 am
I don't think anything was said about two people not being able to live together happily before marriage/religion. Lot's of people do so. And if morally they don't see a problem with it, that's fine by me. You won't see me marching in the streets to have them thrown in jail or anything. But that does not mean I agree with people living together outside of marriage, nor does it preclude me from being happy that their situation works for them, especially if it has worked for 25 years as in Frank's case.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:51 am
Now you've done it Au. Another can of worms has opened. Smile
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:56 am
Im just saying if the lack of marital togetherness wasnt even around at one point why is it such a big deal to some people now.
Who made up the rules?

Im confused coastalrat-Do you approve of couples living together but not having sex and/or living together and having sex.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:57 am
MysticWarrior4Truth wrote:
What I'm saying is to look at the history of any creation of law in the United States, follow the effects it has had on creating new law, and altering existing law...look closely at the gay marriage issue, behind it, you will find those who are eager to challenge laws that are germane to legal sex age, the number of one's spouces etc...The "Man Boy love" org. has lawyers in waiting, if the gay marriage law were ever to be made law...I don't think that is the motive of gay people...thus, one does not need 'marriage' inorder to be legaling bound and know all of the same benefits...the issue is a farse, and the gay population is being used...like the democrats have always used minorities...

I think that you have pieced together fragments of "facts" that you have selectively and conveniently regarded as thruths and made a judgement about those facts.

Clearly you are pitted against gays, and against the left, which is OK, there are plenty around here who are.
But your logic and rationale are seriously flawed, just as you message is unclear.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 11:29 am
material girl wrote:
Coastalrat,what do you mean alot of problems would be solved if people waited until they got married?

Well, let's see. Let us start with unwanted pregnancies by teenagers. The associated poverty among this group becomes society's problem more often than not. STD's would be greatly reduced if people waited until marriage (assuming of course that both parties were faithful afterward).

There are two right off the bat.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 11:30 am
What about my pressing need to get laid?

That won't be solved by waiting for marriage. And it's critical to my mental state.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 11:33 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What about my pressing need to get laid?

That won't be solved by waiting for marriage. And it's critical to my mental state.

Cycloptichorn

Is that what they mean by "cutting to the chase?"

I think it is. :wink:
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 11:33 am
I interpreted Warriors mystical message, that he's concerned
when gay couples adopt children, they'd later initiate a
change of law for reducing the age of consensual sex to 11 years, thus opening a window of opportunities for pedophiles.

Warrior, pedophiles are not necessarily gay men - unfortunately they come in all colors and shapes, and are hetero as well.

Reducing the age of consensual sex to 11 years will never
happen in this country, nor is it in Europe the case. Maybe
you're learning about European history in school and get
things mixed up.

I'm not male and I'm not gay, but I have adopted and
let me tell you, the homestudy all potential adoptive parents have to go through, is a grueling process of turning your
private life inside out, aside from written recommendations
of employers, friends and other authorities. If there would
be even a remote chance, that one or both parents have inclinations
of pedophilic nature, they would certainly pick up on it. These are trained
professionals who know what to look for and to make certain,
that adoptive children are cared for in good, loving homes. And to
provide a loving home is not a matter of sexual preference.

Ironically, one never hears that adopted children are abused
by their adoptive parents, it's the biological parents that are a sad statistic when it comes to child molestation and abuse.
0 Replies