Is he interested? How do I flirt?

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 09:17 am
I work in a supermarked in a very small village. It's the kinda place where everyone knows each other. One day a very cute guy came by, and he did several times, I felt an instant attraction to him and wanted to know who this guy was. After asking a bit around I found out where he live, and it turns out it's not very far from me. So I started walking my dog next to where he lived, to get a chance to run into him, which I didn't. But one day when he came by the store, and he suddenly asked; " Do you have a dog? I've seen you walking past my house, when it's raining you walk, when it's not raining you walk. You walk a lot." And I was shocked so I was like Yeah my dog needs her exercise. I asked him where he lived since he saw me and he told me that it wasn't far from here.

I'm crushing on him so bad, and I get soo awkward when he comes by. I really want to talk to him, but I'm out of words to say. I need to flirt more.

Do you think he is interested? What can I say to him next time I meet him? Any lines I can use?

Please help a awkward girl who can't flirt at all... :p

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 10:16 am
@vizuella,
if he mentions the dog again (or not - you can bring it up), suggest he join you when he next sees you walking past his house
vizuella

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 10:34 am
@ehBeth,
I would say that, but I'm afraid of scaring him off. :O
CoastalRat

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 11:04 am
@vizuella,
If he gets scared off, then it just isn't meant to be. Any guy in his right mind who would even have a little interest in you would not hesitate to take you up on the offer. Heck, if it were me and you asked me to join you next time, I would be sitting by the window every day watching for you and your dog to stroll by.

So get some courage and ask. Good luck.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 11:09 am
@vizuella,
vizuella wrote:

I would say that, but I'm afraid of scaring him off. :O

Hmm... How about using that rain thing? I mean, if you walk there with your dog come rain or sunshine, it gives you leeway enough to ask if he knows of a nice pub or café or something like that nearby (of course someplace that allows dogs), where you can dry out after a rainy walk?

If he does know one, you can always offer him a drink or something to thank him for his help. If he accepts, you can go from there...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 11:10 am
@vizuella,
If you do ask/invite, something might happen.

If you don't ask, I can guarantee nothing will happen.

Ask.

Be nice and casual about it.

__

Hey, next time you see me go by with the dog, come on out for a bit of a walk with us

__

that's it
that's all

don't pursue it

__

he already did his bit by letting you know he'd seen you in the area. you missed the natural opportunity to invite him to join you (he was pretty much asking for an invite) so you have to drop it in the next time you see him

flirting doesn't mean giggling or staring. it's about responding naturally and casually

now keep in mind, flirting isn't normally meant to lead to anything so you need to think if you really want to flirt or if you want to get to know him
ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 11:11 am
@najmelliw,
off-topic but

najmelliw wrote:
a nice pub or café or something like that nearby (of course someplace that allows dogs), where you can dry out after a rainy walk?

man oh man I wish we had places like that here

najmelliw

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 11:19 am
@ehBeth,
So you don't? Oh, another illusion shattered! :sniffle:
0 Replies

vizuella

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 11:41 am
@ehBeth,
Hmmm, Guess I have to. But the tricky thing is that I'm a casheer, so when he is coming by the store, it depends on whether I have customers in line or not, cuz if I do, that can be awkward. So I need some start up conversation advice before I directly ask him to join me for a walk. You see?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 11:52 am
@vizuella,
nope

no start-up conversation needed

the next time you see him suggest he join you on your dog walk when he sees you

there's nothing more to it
vizuella

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 12:04 pm
@ehBeth,
And you would do the same in this situation? I'm not a straight forward person, gotta say that. This is scary! I will consider it.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 12:08 pm
@vizuella,
Absolutely.

You think you're interested.

He has already let you know he's at the very least, aware of you out of your work context.

It's your turn - be quick and direct about it.

There is absolutely no upside to dithering.

____

Here's a short story about a ditherer I know in real life.

K liked a guy. He asked her out. She said maybe. He asked her out again. We told her to go if she liked him. She said yes. The date was great. He asked her out again. She said maybe another time. She dithered and dithered. Then she called him. He'd managed to meet, date and marry someone while she was dithering about a second date.

___

seriously. it's one short sentence. no harm no foul if he doesn't follow-up. but if you don't respond, it's unlikely he'll reach out again. He took a big risk there - and you stepped on it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 12:10 pm
@vizuella,
vizuella wrote:
Do you have a dog? I've seen you walking past my house, when it's raining you walk, when it's not raining you walk. You walk a lot."

I get soo awkward when he comes by.

yeah - and he's awkward too

__

it's your turn
vizuella

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 12:19 pm
@ehBeth,
haha yeah but he is cute tho. OK, I will try :-)
ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 12:33 pm
@vizuella,
Good - and good luck.

The very worst thing that will come out of it is that you will have practiced speaking to someone.

Best case, he joins you on a dog walk and you chat a bit as you go. From experience I can tell you that having a dog is a super ice-breaker conversation-wise.

I loaned my old male dog to a pal once. He took him for a walk and met his future fiancee Smile who approached him to chat about the dog.
vizuella

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 02:36 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you for the advice! Very Happy

Yeah, that is true. Hopefully this will be a success too.
0 Replies

vizuella

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 01:52 pm
@ehBeth,
A quick question. Is it stalker-ish to "accidentally" walk past his house in the time he usually walk to the supermarked. So that I can talk to him if I meet him?

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 12:05 pm
@vizuella,
Yes - that is stalkerish and creepy.

If a man said he was doing this about a woman he had a crush on I'd be very concerned. I'm not much less concerned about a woman who thinks/does the same.

I hope you didn't do it.
vizuella

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 03:10 pm
@ehBeth,
I didn’t do it.. thank god 😂
0 Replies