Getting Rid of "Friends"

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 07:46 am
kickycan wrote:
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I forgive you.

of course it makes me feel better. Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 12:27 pm
mmm my 'best' friend as a teenager was Maltese (I was at an English school in Malta, we were living there)

When I left we wrote and kept up the friendship

She married an English soldier and had 2 kids and they came to stay with me, my husband and daughter for a week - nightmare! we'd both changed and nothing at all in common. She showed off constantly about stuff that she did or had or places she'd been to - I tried to make allowances knowing it was still all fairly new to her but it got sooooo wearing that I stopped writing any more. Her husband was also a bully to one of the boys, constantly pushing him too high on swings and calling him a wimp if he cried (he was only about 4 years old) and I didn't like him at all.

A couple of years later I had a letter out of the blue saying they'd like to visit us as they were stationed not too far away - panic Shocked - I wrote to say we were moving house and I'd send the new address once it all went through - of course I never wrote and she got the message.

I felt guilty as we'd been such good friends in our teens
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 02:30 pm
This is weird!

Yesterday the girl I described in this thread before messaged me in MSN after a solid 5 months of not doing so.

Coincidence?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 07:50 pm
does she know your A2k persona?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 08:00 pm
I give it a 0.01% chance she does
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 08:01 pm
JoeFx...beware!! I am that Girl.... lmaohttp://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/crazy/newwer.gif

Vivien...I can understand that. You grow up...grow apart. I have had one or two like that and wonder who done the most changing and which one did it for the right reasons? Thank God they didn't want to come and stay with me...lol

I can just imagine that was a nightmare for you...and hard to hold your tongue. I think what you done was pretty smart on your part when she wanted to bring family and come back. Atleast it kept you from out and out being blantant about it...which in some cases is a good thing.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:43 am
I used to be a people pleaser, and had an infared "SCUM" magnet on my head. After a couple of years and some hard lessons learned. I found the easiest way to gid rid of people I did not want around was to put them to work.

Constantly ask THEM for something, and take it if they give it. Ex: I'd love to go__ w/you, but I need to get this done 1st (CHORE:____) will you help me, how about you come over @6:00am etc then we'll go do>>> (WATCH EM RUN).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:44 am
Oooh, good one.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:50 am
It's been 100% effective for me. I also learned to put the ball back in their court with quips like

They say "Do me A Favor?:___

Auto Interrup Response: (Gently spoken, of course) "Do I owe you a favor?

To Hell with enotional Vampires and the me,me,me crowd or just people who plain give me the hebegeebies. Work, Work & More Work = Bye Bye and its THEIR idea to end the "relationship".
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:55 am
Wow....

I gotta try THAT one!
Who knows, maybe I will have a spotless house before my unwanted friend leaves me alone?
Shocked
Talk about a friendship with perks. Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:56 am
<waves arms over head, then points to duce>

littlek! littlek! c'mere!!

(littlek has been dealing with a housemate with a hefty sense of entitlement...)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 11:13 am
My sad sack tale involves my ex-wife. Ten years after our divorce we became friends again but then she did something really immoral, she looked through my diary and spotted some stuff I'd written about a very good friend that I wasn't intimate with.
Well....from then on if I mentioned my friends name she would go ballistic. Finally, I snapped and told her I couldn't be friends anymore til she got past my personal life. I never heard from my ex-wife again...such a shame...she was good people.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 12:03 pm
Checking in - I've been avoiding an old friend for a while but will get back to him in time...just our lives are very different, now, and he doesn't ever look at something from anyone else's point of view.

Ah well - maybe I'll learn something here!

KP
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 12:05 pm
I will offer my witchy services to anyone...

you need me to turn any of these bad friends into toads?

just say the word.
Laughing
0 Replies