Help! I can't get over it..

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 12:32 pm
Over the summer I met this guy, and I fell for him. About a month ago, at his house, he tells me he really likes me, cares about me, and wants to be with me. He even made me pinky promise I'd be his next girlfriend. However, he also said that it would be the last time I'd see him because he was about to be forced into a night shift job. He was almost in tears... He told me he was so stressed out about getting that job, and that it would have an impact on us. I told him I'd be willing to make it work with him, but he just kept saying he needs to get more details about his job before he makes any promises to me. I asked him if he was trying to end things with me and if I should move on, and he told me I was thinking too much into things. Two days later, he found out he didn't get the night shift job, and he told me he just wanted to be friends. I'm so confused and hurt...

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 12:40 pm
@Jcats3232,
You were right that he was figuring out a way out of his little pinky promise (which is silly. What are you, in third grade?).

Next time something even remotely like this happens, consider this: believe actions over words.
0 Replies