Evolutionry/religious nonsense

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 12:03 pm
@MadJW,
How the human brain evolved. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-has-human-brain-evolved/
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2018 09:13 am
@Setanta,
Could you provide a quote of me doing that?
0 Replies

MadJW

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2018 09:48 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

This is typical creationist nonsense. "The right features for the right environment" is idiocy. Natural selection assures that all species end up with the necessary features to survive the environment in which those species evolve. Go to church is you want to discuss such stupidity, but don't expect to peddle it here.

Heh!
So, how do unthinking elements "assure that all species end up with the necessary features to survive the environment"?
How do they analyze the environment and the needs of the 'species'?

Such atheists are even dumber than churchoids- who at LEAST are smart enough to know we have a Maker!
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Deviloution/CELLsimple2.png
Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2018 10:07 am
@MadJW,
It is assured by the process. What I see here is the simple-minded world view of primitives: "I think and I make things, therefore all the things around me which I did not make, must have been made by a thinking being--a powerful thinking being!"

In fact, the process of natural selection assures that any species which does not evolve the traits necessary to successfully reproduce dies. Those species which evolve the traits necessary to successfully reproduce in their environment prosper.

Posting idiotic cartoons based on straw man fallacies and extravagant overstatements doesn't bolster your case, it just makes you look like a fool. What are you, 12 years old?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2018 10:54 am
@Setanta,
You got to admit, he can be funny.
brianjakub

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2018 11:54 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Go to church is you want to discuss such stupidity, but don't expect to peddle it here.

This is a blog about "Evolutionary/Religious nonsense". I don't think niether you nor I have the authority to tell people how to blog if they are following the rules. Why do you feel you have this authority while you tell others they don't?
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2018 08:02 am
@brianjakub,
Delusions of grandeur?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2018 01:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, a scary joker.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2018 03:36 pm
@brianjakub,
Then don't go. I don't give a rat's ass. Whether you live or die is a matter of indifference to me.
brianjakub

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 09:42 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Then don’t go. I don’t give a rat’s ass. Whether you live and dies is a matter of indifference to me.

Exactly what I thought. You are acting like bigot that wants to pick and choose who you deem is worthy to be involved in a commenting on your ideas in a blog where we exchange ideas from many points of view. Especially, if those people point out that your point of view might not be logical or just needs clarification. But this blog appears to set up for the express purpose of, “discussing similar and opposing viewpoints so we can better understand people with different points of view” for that reason, “you don’t have the authority in this blog to tell people they can’t express a point of view different than yours or question your point of view” otherwise that would be violating the purpose of this blog sight.

Therefore, since you appear to be an articulate and intelligent person, I suggest (and it is only a suggestion because I have no authority over you) you just blog honestly, openly and articulate to the best of your ability because, I for one, am learning a lot from you.

And by the way. I do care about you and enjoy sharing ideas with you. I sense and know there is a lot of good in you and I hope you live well and prosper.
Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 09:47 am
@brianjakub,
You can care about me until you're blue in the face, it won't change my attitude. You came to this site, stomping around and giving people orders, despite having no authority, and you whine about name-calling, even though you do it yourself. You open this last post with name-calling. Why would I care about you or your fate?

By the way, this is a discussion board. People here don't "blog."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 09:48 am
Also, you have never enlisted anything resembling logic in your rants here. All you offer are rationalizations in support of your magic sky daddy superstition.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2018 07:43 am
RRrrrrrrr Ruff!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2018 08:21 am
Ah yes, vote down my posts, and then make a snide post. That's a wonderful contribution to the thread.
0 Replies

MadJW

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 04:57 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

the process of natural selection assures that any species which does not evolve the traits necessary to successfully reproduce dies.

-

How does this 'process' take place without intelligence?
Do the molecules notice the environment, and declare "We're Screwed!"?
Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 05:01 pm
@MadJW,
How very dull-witted, and I'd be willing to bet that you thought you were being clever.

No intelligence is necessary. Those species which cannot adapt to their environments well enough to successfully reproduce, die off. Those species which are sufficiently well-adapted to successfully reproduce within the environment prosper. That you don't understand natural selection is not evidence that it does not work, and work without intelligence and without intent.
MadJW

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 05:04 pm
@MadJW,
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Deviloution/0wanna.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 05:06 pm
Another idiotic cartoon--is that how your "mind" works?
0 Replies

MadJW

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 05:52 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No intelligence is necessary. Those species which cannot adapt to their environments well enough to successfully reproduce, die off.

-

So >>> HOW <<< to they ADAPT themselves successfully?
Even YOU know the precise and complex changes that would have to be put in motion.... HOPE!
Do the molecules say: "Hey! We better get our act TOGETHER- or we're finished!"

Arrogant Idiots!

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 06:06 pm
@MadJW,
Before reporting your post for name-calling, I'll make one last (and probably useless) effort to explain natural selection. Two excellent examples are the woolly mammoth and the woolly rhinoceros. Both had a mutational propensity toward long and coarser hairs than other mammoth and rhinoceros. It did not hamper their reproductive opportunity, so there were always such individuals around. During the last ice age, that heavier hair favored them in exploiting the new environment arising from the periglacial conditions. Over tens of thousands of generations, individuals with much thicker hair had a reproductive advantage, and the woolly mammoth and the woolly rhinoceros became even "woollier." However, when the ice age came to an end, those heavy coats were not only no longer an advantage, they were a liability. So both species died off. End of story.

I see you as just a snide, ignorant individual who mocks others because you cannot understand, and precisely because you are ignorant. Everyone is, of course ignorant, because no one knows everything. The trick is not to shoot your mouth off about topics you don`t understand. Of course, you`ve also got that moronic god-did-it bullsh*t going on, too.