Evolutionry/religious nonsense

brianjakub

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
BJ believes tht hes being creative when indeed, hes repeating the crap that Berlinski and Dembski have written almot 20 years ago as these guys were attempting to turn Creation SCience Institute ito the DISCOVERY INSTITUTE
History repeats itself. Every generation has to learn from experience rather than history. I am just doing my part in helping everyone experience the ideas.
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 07:07 pm
@brianjakub,
youre really unable to keep your stories strait BJ. Im thinking that youre just dicking around by making up word salads and dropping half assed opinions about things youve not spent any time thinking about. ADHD is a treatable condition.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 08:02 pm
@farmerman,
That's the reason why some of us have already put bj on ignore. We don't have the same level of patience as you do.
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 10:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Im going to collapse the entire thread.
roger

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 10:38 pm
@farmerman,
I never thought of that, but good idea.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 01:08 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:
atheism is a world view with an agenda.

It seems that you have a compulsion to demonstrate your ignorance and your bigotry.
Setanta

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 01:15 am
brianjakub wrote:
. . . people who understand the statistical probabilities of evolution being initiated and progressing without intelligence is unlikely.

You know, we're still waiting for your to provide evidence to support this unsubstantiated claim.

Oh . . . that's right--you're not about substantiating your claims, you're all about attempting to make others prove your bullsh*t is wrong.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 09:52 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

brianjakub wrote:

It seems that you have a compulsion to demonstrate your ignorance and your bigotry.

That quote shows he is more concerned about atheists than science.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 03:25 pm
@Setanta,
bj is what we used to call a 'troll.' He doesn't provide any facts, but lots of opinion that's very strange and out of the realm of common sense. He continues to post the same nonsense to get the reaction from Set and some others. It's what many call "a waste of time."
brianjakub

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 07:43 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You know, we're still waiting for your to provide evidence to support this unsubstantiated claim.

https://evolutionnews.org/2014/07/so_michael_behe/
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 07:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
brianjakub wrote:

No, atheism is "Belief in no god, or no belief in god."
http://www.religioustolerance.org/atheist.htm
About Atheism: Discussion of some topics that may put Atheism in perspective: Part 1: A few quotations. Atheism is ambiguous and thus is difficult to write about and define.

Quote:
Agenda | Define Agenda at Dictionary.com
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/agenda
Agenda definition, a list, plan, outline, or the like, of things to be done, matters to be acted or voted upon, etc

No agenda: We just don't care what others believe or don't believe.
brianjakub

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 08:38 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
youre really unable to keep your stories strait BJ. Im thinking that youre just dicking around by making up word salads and dropping half assed opinions about things youve not spent any time thinking about. ADHD is a treatable condition
It looks like word salad to you because you want it to be. You string together stuff like
Quote:
1. genetic variability is accomplished by sexual congress, mutation, point mutation,polyploidy,integration of symbionts,karyotic fission, replication by several means, and genetic drift (etc). Ive added "information additions at the chromosomal level because many of you seem to think that new info is only added in the genomic level.
Think about how the chimpanzees chromosome 1 and 2 have been fused and have been acquired by the genus Homo (sp)
and
Quote:
Faith disappears when knowledge takes reign. If youd spend some time with molecular chem and biochem maybe youd at lest question your belief system.

Molecular chem and biochem depend on a established order we understand as quantum mechanics, relativity. string theory , m theory , entanglement, etc. . . that gives the the four physical forces and the constants.

Your responses looked like word salad to me until I did the research and understood everything you typed. I found no errors in the facts you provided. You are intelligent.

Understanding natural evolution, DNA, biochem, etc. . . and saying that is all you need to explain where we came from is like saying I know this bubble sort program can arrange numbers sequentially without any intelligent intervention while ignoring the bubble sort is a program with an author running on a computer that had its parts arranged by someone who was smart.

I understand how the quarks, electrons, photons and virtual particles are arranged to give us biochemistry, qm, relativity, etc. . .

How did I figure that out?

Do you want to know?

I would like to discuss with you the model and the various possibilities of how the model came about to give us the natural systems we observe operating as nature today.

Do you want to be able to discuss the model and its origins from a more educated point of view?

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 02:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I used to be an atheist, and my God who created the world and everything in it was time and chance, the unintelligent God...
rosborne979

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 06:27 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Helloandgoodbye wrote:

I used to be an atheist, and my God who created the world and everything in it was time and chance, the unintelligent God...

Time and chance are not a God. So it’s more accurate just to not call them that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 06:36 am
@brianjakub,
more educated point of view?

Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
Mr. Green
Rolling Eyes Mr. Green
Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 06:54 am
@brianjakub,
Behe . . . ah-hahahahahahahahahaha . . .

Evolution News [sic] is an online rag of the Discovery Institute and is, therefore, the very avatar of a biased, unreliable source.

You still have not provided evidence for your claim. Linking to a discredited, so-called scientist at a grossly biased site is not evidence of anything more than your confirmation bias, or your contempt for those whom you are addressing here.
brianjakub

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 01:48 pm
@Setanta,
It is not any more biased and your point of view. Let's discuss how each side set up their math instead of calling names . It is impossible for math to be biased if all variables are included. Statistical math it's not that complicated we should be able to discuss it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 02:27 pm
@brianjakub,
What has math got to do with ID? ID is based on nothing more than a 2,000 year old book full of errors and contradictions.
https://infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/contradictions.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 07:14 am
@brianjakub,
So you're whining about "name-calling" again--I have not called you any names and I've not seen anyone else here call you any names. I believe that what you meant to say was: "It is not any more biased than your point of view." It most certainly is more biased biased my "point of view." What you call my point of view is, in fact, an acceptance of reputable science. Behe, that on-line anti-evolution rag and the Discovery Institute all have an agenda to push so-called intelligent design because of a religious bias. You just want to whine about non-existent name-calling and about atheists, and once again demonstrate your ignorance. There are many scientists who are men and women of faith, and the Catholic church in particular accepts evolution as the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet--except perhaps for a Catholic lunatic fringe.

Which once again brings us back to the statement you made, and which you have not substantiated, and for which you are trying desparately to divert the discussion.

BJ wrote:
. . . people who understand the statistical probabilities of evolution being initiated and progressing without intelligence is unlikely.

Whats really hilarious here is that your claim includes a reference to statistical probability, so that if the claim were true, demonstrating the case would in fact be very easy. So stop attempting to sidetrack this part of the discussion and put up or withdraw that ridiculous claim.
Setanta

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 07:17 am
By the way, history does not repeat itself. The only historical commonality is human nature, which includes, among a host of other failings, self-delusion, confirmation bias, lying and bigotry. Those failings are particularly noticeable in religious fanatics.