Evolutionry/religious nonsense

brianjakub

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 03:59 pm
@farmerman,
My mind is set because i know why those constants are what they are. Not, because I am a momma’s boy who needs a sky daddy like cicerone and sentanta suggest. All those constants factor into biochemistry, because all are necessary for biology to respirate, maintain body temperatures, tell which way is up, etc. . . so ionic bonding can occur.

You love to separate all the little interdependent systems that are operating to make the whole ecosystem work hoping people wont notice how reasonable it becomes to conclude that something besides luck and time is tying it all together. To make matters worse you leave huge systems of the physical world unexplained (gravity, strong and weak force, the constants, abiogenesis, creation of hydrogen and helium by an unexplainable gravitational force, etc. . .)

Well I know that to explain those systems new systems like the Higgs field and Higgs mechanism, a quantum creation event, and a Big Bang transition event, etc. . . must be logically incorporated into what we know about the natural world. And, i know how to do it.

So, if you want to bury your head in the sand because you are afraid some sort of intelligence might be needed to tie all these systems together or, you don’t have time to think about it, that is fine. But don’t force everybody else in the educational and scientific do bury their head with yours with some trumped up legal ruling some ignorant judge came up with in Dover. Because I know quite a few things that you don’t that need to be discussed at all levels among all inquiring minds.

Instead of fighting it why don’t you figure out what i know or at least encourage others to.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 04:24 pm
@brianjakub,
I trust science: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity
Quote:

Gravity, or gravitation, is a natural phenomenon by which all things with mass are brought toward (or gravitate toward) one another, including objects ranging from atoms and photons, to planets and stars. Since energy and mass are equivalent, all forms of energy (including light) cause gravitation and are under the influence of it. On Earth, gravity gives weight to physical objects, and the Moon's gravity causes the ocean tides. The gravitational attraction of the original gaseous matter present in the Universe caused it to begin coalescing, forming stars – and for the stars to group together into galaxies – so gravity is responsible for many of the large scale structures in the Universe. Gravity has an infinite range, although its effects become increasingly weaker on farther objects.

Gravity is most accurately described by the general theory of relativity (proposed by Albert Einstein in 1915) which describes gravity not as a force, but as a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 04:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That mathematically explains the force, not why the force exists. Where’s did the original gaseous matter come from?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 05:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
dont bother ci. Hes into what Sozobe's buband used to call "mathturbation", the concepts like string theory arent even really theories, they are among a host of possible solutions to speculations.
Itw a shame hes fucked this thread up with his woo woo.
It ll comes down to him wihing to destroy an elegant theory with claptrap and poor reading skills
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 05:22 pm
@farmerman,
Thanks. Sometimes, I just get caught up in the discussion, and feel a need to respond.
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 05:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
me too. I guess I just reached the edge of my patience. He should be a used car salesman or a pracher, many of the Creationist sales men try to grab some science sounding talk and use it to avert discussing the issue under the lens.

Were gonna sail down the Chesapeake next week from Fri to Mon. A friens got a really neat catamaran thats as big as a small city and weve been invited to join in. I hope they dont make me drink.
Hows your health holding up?
any travel plans this summer?

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 06:00 pm
@brianjakub,
I don't suggest anything. You are always blabbering some psuedo-scientific BS in the attempt to claim that there is a design and an intelligence behind said plan. You're the one desperate to establish that untenable premise.

As FM says, you've trashed this thread with your BS, and talking to you is not worth the candle.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 06:01 pm
@farmerman,
My health is holding up pretty good, thank you! As for travel, I think we're going to Hawaii in September. I'd also like to squeeze in the East Coast to visit Boston, NYC and Wn DC. I really miss those cities. Okay, Philly too! Wink
glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 06:04 pm
@brianjakub,
Relax, you don't know what I believe or how I think. What I was trying to convey to you is that this 'quest' you are on is tedious and uninteresting for some people. (mainly me) My eyes start to glaze over, I want to flee the room and I'm just happy you are not sitting next to me on a flight to Europe.

I don't consider myself part of the scientific community, certainly not a student of the hard sciences like many of the other posters. My expertise is in different fields. However, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see the glaring differences between what you propose and the others opinions. You seem to have a theory you are trying to prove by cherry picking or misinterpreting 'facts'. You might be happier in some other forum where everyone believes just as you. It's important to remember that questions don't have to be 'threats' to your beliefs, the questions could actually strengthen your argument, but you blow it each time with knee-jerk responses when you get uncomfortable.

You and others like you are the reason I seldom post anything on the religious/atheists threads. I honestly don't care if people worship trees, or rocks or rainbows or Greek Gods or nothing, it doesn't change my life. Since I honestly don't care, I have to bid you farewell. I prefer to spend my time doing the things I enjoy, not chewing glass.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 06:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

My health is holding up pretty good, thank you! As for travel, I think we're going to Hawaii in September. I'd also like to squeeze in the East Coast to visit Boston, NYC and Wn DC. I really miss those cities. Okay, Philly too! Wink

Let me know when you're coming to the East Coast, I'll make Maryland Crab cakes.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 06:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't know how the following information fits into "Evolutionary/religious nonsense," but I found the topic of "safest cities in America" to be fascinating for us. #1, Naperville, IL, was our home when I worked for Florsheim Shoe Company back in the 1960's. #9, Sunnyvale is our home currently, and we've lived here since the mid-1970's. We know how to pick em, I guess.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 07:41 pm
@glitterbag,
I don't consider questions threats. If you would re-read the responses to my post you will notice that nobody responds with questions. They responded with name calling and telling me I'm wrong but rarely explaining why. I would love to answer their questions if they actually asked some. Problem is they don't know enough about the subject to even know what the question is. I would have loved to have heard something like I think you're wrong here could you give me an example? Or this is what I understand you to say is that what you really meant? Obviously atheist don't like to ask questions like that.

Secondly if you will look at all the hard questions I asked him about the origination of hydrogen and helium, gravity, and abiogenisis I get no answers beyond unfounded speculation that cant be replicated.

Evolutionary and religious nonsense is the subject matter of this forum. I have spent many hours on airplanes and never talked about it with anyone. Not usually the subject in casual conversation but, It is the subject here. Unfortunately views outside of the atheistic world view are not welcomed on this site and so it looks like they are not open to discussion.

I think that is unusual for people who consider themselves skeptics. Why aren't they skeptical of the Atheistic world view also?

Why is it that the assumption that all information has an author is not as reasonable as information come pop out of nowhere?
Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 08:36 pm
@brianjakub,
Oh, poor bay-bee . . . everyone is so mean to you.

Yes, the topic is evolution and religion. It is not the origin of elements. It is not the so-called big bang. It is not abiogenesis. You bring those up because you have no evidence for any so-called design, nor any putative intelligence behind it. You have the burden of proof. No one is obliged to disprove your goofy claims about design and a designing intelligence. Nobody here calls you names, there is a substantive difference between disparaging your nonsense, and making personal attacks on you. You have nothing to offer, so you make silly claims about name-calling. That' s pathetic.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:07 pm
@glitterbag,
I love crabs! Might be worth the trip.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:33 pm
@brianjakub,
brian, you still don't seem to get it. How many times do have to say "I don't care"? I'm not apologizing for atheists, agnostics or believers of any size or shape. Please understand I just see this topic as a walking nightmare, I think I'd be tempted to slit my wrists just to change the subject.

I feel the same way about Amway salesman and the financial/investments people who want you to use their services and just talk and talk hoping to wear you down. About 15 years back we were hostages of a salesman who wanted to sell us a freezer full of meat, I actually signed up just to get him out of the house. But I'm 15 years older now and give zero fu%#$ about appeasing a salesman to shut him/her up.

So, yes, I see you as a salesman. I tell you I give zero fu%#$ about your arguments and then you ask me to reread the entirety of your posts??????? How about you reread every post I've written on A2K since 2002?

I knew it was a mistake to comment here, it always goes the same way. Someone wants to discuss ID and if I don't endorse the newest crap du jour, I must be an atheist. Hopefully you understand why I'm dropping out of this, because it's truly a matter of avoiding pointless discussions and avoiding the people who insist that you must re read the posts and THEN you will agree with them.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I love crabs! Might be worth the trip.

We have fresh Blue Channel Crabs. I think Farmerman spent some time in my neck of the woods and probably picked a few steamed crabs while he was here.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 10:43 pm
@glitterbag,
One of my favorites is dungeness. We have Fish Market restaurant and store about one mile from our home. We don't go there as often as I wish, but we went just a few weeks ago.
farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 04:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
blue crabs are much smaller and have a flavor that is different from Dungeness or Jonah crabs. They are also asocial expereience where we sit around and pick and at and talk .
Mot people use crab mallets to smack em open but we use little crab pen knives (I forget what name they go by) . Years ago I watched some guy using a pen knife and quickly abandoned the wooden hammer.

The giant crab ball, concoction of lump crab meat thats as big as a cannonball, is the way to eat em if you just want to engage in industrial eating, but picking crabs is still lotsa fun especially on a warm afternoon along the shore.
Crabs had been outrageously expensive but are more reasonable this year, (it appears).
If ya come east to Baltimore, lemme know, Ill be there.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 04:39 am
@farmerman,
Thanks for the invite. Willing to try any in the crab family. However, our plans so far is going west to Hawaii this year in September. Not sure of other travels. My wife is the boss.
Also, if you plan to come to Northern California, we can give you a tour around these parts. Apple has their campus 2 about a mile away, and they're now building a much bigger campus in our city about 3 miles away. They also have a visitor's center in Cupertino which is usually crowded with people. http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-park-spaceship-campus-headquarters-explained-2017-3
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 07:39 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
This innate intelligence runs in an operating system that requires chemical bonding to happen in a constant way among ions.

Brian, the intelligence behind the design of life is not revealed in the consistent chemical bonding of ions, nucleotides or amino acids. That's all explained by chemistry. That is only the 'blank slate' on which intelligence can write upon.

It is the fact that they are consistent and cannot account for the specific order and arrangement required for life to emerge that point to an intelligent source for the design of life.

I agree that the 'blank slate' is part of the cosmological argument for an intelligent actor but it's a different argument. Mixing it together with the biological argument leaves you open to the 'word salad' criticism.